Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

daedalus

3.5 Bug Log...

Thought we could start up a bug log for 3.5 if you came across any. I found a big one that impacts my trading (i guess thats the only reason its a "big bug"). I let support know about it today, but I thought I'd repost here to see if you guys could confirm it isn't working on your installs as well?

In 3.4.0.8 you can go into your chart configurations and under “Additional Fractional Digits” in the Data Box sub category you can add additional fractions to the data box. In 3.5 however, everything is rounded up to two decimals. And while the same settings on the charts are there, 3.5 has cut off the additional fractional decimal and changing the setting to more numbers simply doesn’t work.

I’ve attached some pictures of what I’m talking about.

Hopefully that illustrates the issue. Basically the “additional fractional digits” chart setting no longer works in 3.5.

attachment.php?attachmentid=19708&stc=1&d=1267463685

attachment.php?attachmentid=19709&stc=1&d=1267463685

attachment.php?attachmentid=19710&stc=1&d=1267463685

attachment.php?attachmentid=19711&stc=1&d=1267463685

attachment.php?attachmentid=19712&stc=1&d=1267463685

1.png.36997cb943de6d5ae13f80ec0c5e48dd.png

2.png.072705e0b24529ecdc1bd87ef4c1c3fc.png

3.png.1b4f144f4a54860e6532f28e9176ee04.png

4.png.8164d9a3feb566e7ae6b0a1bb20677d3.png

5.png.0ad352a7a0e5a32cacbb3f590555e643.png

Thank Daedalus to start the thread, I have good support from OEC when trying hard enough :-)

It is of OEC interest to please their customers when possible and I must say they are attentive to requests.

There is a change in the DOM ASK histogram that is not needed and not for the better.

The DOM as 3-4 is very good and I hope no fancy mods will alter is reputation…

Have a look to the screenshot.

I sent an Email to OEC few weeks ago to no response.

DOM-BidAsKHistogram30506.PNG.c02b690628d73963347c39ea58899f96.PNG

Can anyone else confirm the Additional Fractional Decimal bug on their computer? Chris @ OEC couldn't replicate it on his machine... Can anyone take a quick 10 seconds to see if its working on their copy of 3.5?

What exactly is the bug there?

This is 3-4-0-8 DOM, you can see the ask histogram in red and display from left to right, as the bid histogram is displayed in green and from right to left it create a symmetry helping to see the wall formations, it has been that way for years and the change in 3-5 (post #2) is no for the better.

DOM-BidAsKHistogram30408.PNG.01d53a5fc5e84bb4065199480387860a.PNG

Edited by Trendup_

Can anyone else confirm the Additional Fractional Decimal bug on their computer? Chris @ OEC couldn't replicate it on his machine... Can anyone take a quick 10 seconds to see if its working on their copy of 3.5?

Where do I find adxvma , trendu and trendd? I will be happy to look at the bug and the indicators as well. :-)

Where do I find adxvma , trendu and trendd? I will be happy to look at the bug and the indicators as well. :-)

Bug occurs on every indicator... just add any moving average to the chart then look at the readings in the data box. If the additional fraction is set to 1 it should read something like 13.489 (3 decimals, or 1 additional over the 2 standard), if you change this to 4, it should read 13.4893, etc...

But in 3.5 it dosen't appear to work at all and everything gets rounded down to 2 decimal spots.

I confirm as shown on my picture, also found the display of range bar totally stuffed up, don’t know what the problem is, but it is obvious that something went wrong in those two cases .

34vs35.thumb.PNG.596afa5bec96891d56ee738b9312b3de.PNG

Selecting '1pips' range bar (using demo 3.5) will freeze the platform forever.

I had to shutdown the platform, no such a problem in production 3.4.

So far I'm very happy using 3.4, range bar for ES trading, and I hope all we be fixed before 3.5 is implemented.

Last time I checked FDAX the histogram was crooked, so it is important to report any faults to OEC connected to the used symbol, as the problem would not necessarily appear on another market.

In an effort to improve the platform in partnership with OEC we serve the benefit of all, when we report a fault, we are not complaining, we are helping, that is my philosophy.

Hi I could not replicate the decimal bug error - mine works fine in 3.5.

All I did was open a chart - in this case its a range bar chart on the 6jm0 for 10 pips.

loaded two indicators by random into the chart, then changed the data box additional fraction amount...... it all worked for me as the fractional amounts automatically updated for the number of decimals.

The only thing I can think of is that there may be a default override, somewhere that affects it. but for me it seemed fine.

attachment.php?attachmentid=20515&stc=1&d=1270622320

EDIT: the screen dump does not save properly using Data>Save Image as it does not include the properties OR the data box. So i cant show it.

However for me it updates the decimal points in the data box as you change the data box additional fractional amount.

5aa70ff54fc73_decimalbug.jpg.df1fdb90712e3f230440279f5507db7b.jpg

Hi DugDug,

By changing the parameter ‘additional fractional digits’ you are supposed to add digits to the default set by the chart, for ‘ 6JM0’ the interval default is 0.001 that is why you get 3 digits in the data box, using version 3.4.0.8, by increasing the parameter you will get more digits after the coma, this function doesn’t work in 3.5.0.7 version.

attachment.php?attachmentid=20516&stc=1&d=1270630489

AdFrac.thumb.PNG.e22882e33d5e17f6c09898458c2bc6a2.PNG

attachment.php?attachmentid=20517&stc=1&d=1270637514

thx trendup - I know - the point i was making is that I DONT HAVE THE BUG.

My data box updates when I change it.

When I change the value in the properties section from say 2 to 4 to 6 and back again.

the values for the MACD (or a few other random indicators) in the data box, do change.

So there must be something else in the system that is set differently in our systems as I am using 3.5.07

5aa70ff55ed2a_decimalbug.thumb.jpg.4e3e7cb82bb24723a70db7bf8aaa6393.jpg

Thanks for checking into this... see OEC wasn't able to replicate it on all of their machines so its kind of a weird one. Were you able to replicate it using an overlaying indicator such as a moving average?

just tested it after trendup mentioned the difference between the indicators......

Results seem to be

- it works and there is no bug when the indicator is not overlaid and is in its own separate area.

There is a bug as it does not work for indicators that are overlaid.

just tested it after trendup mentioned the difference between the indicators......

Results seem to be

- it works and there is no bug when the indicator is not overlaid and is in its own separate area.

There is a bug as it does not work for indicators that are overlaid.

Awesome information!!! I hadn't realized that. :)

This has been fixed in 3.5.0.9!

Only bug i'm finding now is that you cannot import your saved layouts from 3.4 into any build of 3.5?

Same here, I get a critical error (sent to OEC) when I import my settings.

Also I’ve noticed that the menu is mixed up, range is linked to momentum and vice versa.

My range bar charts (referred as ®) are displaying the new mmoommeennttuumm bars :shocked:

Same here, I get a critical error (sent to OEC) when I import my settings.

Also I’ve noticed that the menu is mixed up, range is linked to momentum and vice versa.

My range bar charts (referred as ®) are displaying the new mmoommeennttuumm bars :shocked:

Post some screenshots b/c glancing at mine it looks fine here.

Post some screenshots b/c glancing at mine it looks fine here.

Easy to spot the momentum, as it displays a multitude of identical bars.

2tick (m) should display the new momentum range.

2tick ® should display the range we have used so far.

20735d1272168273-3-5-bug-log-range.png

20734d1272168258-3-5-bug-log-mom.png

Mom.thumb.PNG.9c8dc46a5376b47fee0b0cdd54366e74.PNG

Range.thumb.PNG.e2332350328a9650efeb79979497a2b1.PNG

Production 3.5 DOM sucks as well.....

Annoying change in the ask histogram, especially if you have used the OEC DOM for years.

The new ask Histogram is now green and have to be read from right to left, so be aware of the new display as it could be deceiving. The formation of walls in the ask ladder are now cumbersome to spot.

I sent an Email to OEC I soon as I discovered the unwanted change (in the Demo), few weeks ago. to no answer from OEC…..

If you are impressed as I am, please contact OEC…:doh:

attachment.php?attachmentid=20864&stc=1&d=1272866756

DOM34vs35.PNG.381ccaea3fa3e9c75a9c4c061e63807d.PNG