Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Optimist5

What Broker Are You Using and Why?

I'm trading with HotForex, I know it through one friend's referral. I make profit consistently with this broker. That's the reason why I can keep trading with this broker over 9 months.

i had used their demo account for weeks but read some bad reviews about them on many forums and decided not to open a live account, that was years ago. How r they these days?

I use Admiral Markets for trading only one currency pair, the eurusd.........like their fast execution and low spreads, but most of it like the service and account funding/withdrawing process.......and I use Dukascopy in Switzerland for the other pairs, as the spread is significantly lower there........the major drawdown on Dukascopy is the fact that before the weekend, they automatically change the leverage.......but, funny thing, in time I discovered this helped me all the time.......another drawdown is communication there......in order to talk with somebody there, and actually solve a problem, you gotta have patience........and this chapter is something I am still working on

Interactive Brokers because it lets me trade pretty much any market in the world and being in a non-USA timezone that is important to me. Their commissions and spreads I would consider to be competitive. Their customer support and excessive regulation within the USA can be a major problem/headache.

I also use Oanda and have found them to be good.

With kind regards,

MK

I used TS. At first I thought they were expensive but with the Globex combo for 20$ / month I have access to most exchanges which I think nobody mention in here. I don't have to pay platform fees since their min requirement of trades I meet in a day. No commission for FOREX, 1$ per contract on futures ( I don't trade stocks) and much more it would take to much to write. Good luck, I hope I could help.

I'm using Excel Markets- for a couple of reasons - their support is great, and I'm nervous enough as it is (not entirely new, but not nearly clued-up on currency trading). I also got a $100 bonus for my (small) bankwire deposit - and their spreads tend to be competitive - but I'm open to persuasion if you think I can do better!

I am using profiforex, and I am yet to regret my decision to pitch with the broker. My reasons are; Easy to open a trading account in 2 minutes, one click deposits and withdrawals. Instant deposits with no commission, withdrawals in 24 hours (I get my money anytime I need it), No hidden charges. All the commissions and fees are clearly stated in "Trading conditions”. Secondly, profiforex offers me The fastest and fair execution, Lowest commission, Up to 1:500 leverage and a Fixed and variable spreads starting at 0.1 pips

i trade with hotforex, i have been trading for almost two years i guess, stopped for a while then came back. still have a job of course, and hope to trade full time someday. i like this broker coz there is less pain in the ars and everything goes smooth in regards to withdrawal and deposit transactions, platform is good

still with my ECN Tickmill account. because they had best trading condition for my scalping method. no issue with payment, and added 15% deposit bonus (withdrawable) upon my deposit :).

still with my ECN Tickmill account. because they had best trading condition for my scalping method. no issue with payment, and added 15% deposit bonus (withdrawable) upon my deposit :).

Yeah I also trade with Hotforex on premium. No issues so far

Yes, I'm also using HotForex at this moment. I'm pretty satisfied with the service and I haven't had any issue so far either.

Hi FxFive,

What type of account do you have with them and what pairs are you trading? Looking for feedback of live testing of their zero spread account. Would really appreciate any input on this matter.;)

I am trading with more than one broker at the moment for diversifying my investment purpose and the only reason for choosing them is that they are decent and reputed brokers of the market.

Since the last 3 years, I was actively trading with Amarkets. When I was a new comer with them, I used to start with demo account which really help me to understand some aspects of trading forex market. After I get familiar then only I open the real account, and decided to join forex clases at least to learn from professional traders which mostly experienced more than 10 years in forex. Until now, I keep on trading with Amarkets, and if I faced some losses I will keep trade with this broker because he gives me all what i need for comfortable trading.

Edited by JohnyIve