Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Optimist5

What Broker Are You Using and Why?

Using IB - because they are the prettiest - the best colours the best sound effects and just the vibe of the thing.

Seriously - IB due to the good platform, spread of instruments - equities, options, futures, FX.

and low prices. However they suck from a charting and customer service point of view if you need your hand held

Also opening up an OEC account as I trailed and like their platform for day trading futures.... acct not quite open yet so who knows if I end up not liking them - but I enjoyed the trial.

Unless you know exactly what you are trading, and how you are trading you are best and will ultimately probably end up trialling a multitude of systems.

Using IB - because they are the prettiest - the best colours the best sound effects and just the vibe of the thing.

Seriously - IB due to the good platform, spread of instruments - equities, options, futures, FX.

and low prices. However they suck from a charting and customer service point of view if you need your hand held

Also opening up an OEC account as I trailed and like their platform for day trading futures.... acct not quite open yet so who knows if I end up not liking them - but I enjoyed the trial.

Unless you know exactly what you are trading, and how you are trading you are best and will ultimately probably end up trialling a multitude of systems.

IB's entire platform blows... Their CS staff cant even figure out how to enter a simple order... If you use IB as a broker; you seriously need a different platform... I like their commissions, so i will keep my account open...

But, i have accounts at IB (great rates), TOS (great platform overall, great charting, horrible futures commissions) and am thinking of opening an account with futurepath trading... Their photon trader platform is really really nice, probably the best, most adept and simplest i have seen to date (it costs $50/month)... Futurepath trading Customer service is amazing, flat out, the nicest and most knowledgeable and responsive i have seen... Also, right off the bat, FP's commissions are in line with IB (sometimes better).... FP is a futures only house. FP and TOS really impressed me in their own ways... I will stop now, bc i am beginning to feel like an infomercial, and i dont even have an account there yet :)

I was wandering what broker are you guys using and why. Thanks.

Open ECry.

Why:

- Only $25 per month to SIM trade which includes data feed and charting. And no $25 fee at all if you trade live, just commissions are charged.

- I was able to download it and use it on my corporate work computer which I haven't been able to do with any other broker.

- Lots of good Q&A threads about using their platform here at TL (thanks to Brownsfan and others)

Open ECry.

Why:

- Only $25 per month to SIM trade which includes data feed and charting. And no $25 fee at all if you trade live, just commissions are charged.

- I was able to download it and use it on my corporate work computer which I haven't been able to do with any other broker.

- Lots of good Q&A threads about using their platform here at TL (thanks to Brownsfan and others)

Dinero, what is their commission structure?

Dinero, what is their commission structure?

I am not sure how commissions are structured. I have only traded live a couple times and my commission trading one oil conract (CL) was a little under $4 round trip. I think they were having some sort of promotion though when I joined in the fall of last year so I am not sure what rate you would get.

I attached a link to their information section on futures trading but give them a call and I am sure they can help you out more than I can.

OEC futures info

I use Cannes Capitol Advisors. They offer impressive leverage (20:1 for day trading, and 10:1 overnight). They have a low minimum. They are a small firm here in NYC, and I have found them to be very flexible, accessible.

I am using AVAFX forex broker due to Trading account in multiple currencies, credit card,

PayPal or WebMoney payment options, 24-Hours trading and support.

So you like your broker because you can deposit via credit card and paypal and webmoney at the same time?...intersting..:doh:

btw all brokers now have 24hrs around the week support.

I think you should concentrate more on trade executions and commissions and spreads, when you choose a brokerage firm, not on the logistics. :helloooo: :helloooo:

I think you should concentrate more on trade executions and commissions and spreads, when you choose a brokerage firm, not on the logistics. :helloooo: :helloooo:

I am agree with you. I also concentrate on trade executions and commissions and spreads besides it payment mode is my high priority.

thats why you are using avafx? sounds weird. i use it because i find it more reliable that the other brokers. because i can withdraw my money from my trading account and be sure it will get to my bank account, also because i know its well regulated.

finding a reliable broker isn't a easy task to do, i had some bad experience with other brokers, believe me.. so its not only about leverage or minimum rates for me (though what avafx provide are really fine) but more about using the broker i trust more. and it takes time to test it.

I use AMP for futures. Low commission , free demo , free live feed with demo , CQG data feed , excellent customer service .

I use free ninja trader with static super Dom enabled which costs .10

And CQG costs .10 as well . No other fees added on.

Well I see all your very legit answers/reasons to say why you like your broker: Something along the lines of: I like my broker (aaafx) because it has tight spreads, tight executions, for me it is usually good for scalping and it doesn't charge extra commissions on trades.

I use Weltrade broker. They provide without requotes and slippage trading, have a very good 24/7 support. ЕCN 1:1 - 1:100

Same here, IB is the best "online" broker imo. But you have to know what you're doing though. They will not take you by the hand.

Michel