Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Dinerotrader

When I Am Become Rich I'll....

Ok. Now for the most materialistic, daydreaming thread of all.

What will you do when you become rich from trading? I’m not interested in general/vague answers or cliché stuff like “buy a big house.” If you have a specific house already picked out with pictures, post away. I’d be interested in what kinds of interests others have which are only afforded to those with more money than average. It doesn't necessarily have to cost millions. Car posts should go in my other thread, "Cars".

Here’s a good example to start things off. I’d love to take my family on a world cruise. I'd like for my kids to see the realities of different parts of the world before they become defiant teenagers.

attachment.php?attachmentid=19532&stc=1&d=1266965129

Some kind of picture is a requirement for posting here. It just makes the thread more enjoyable.

5aa70fd8bd741_2-23-201005.png.49149ecd93c2254ba9280b8943b86b49.png

Here’s a good example to start things off. I’d love to take my family on a world cruise. I'd like for my kids to see the realities of different parts of the world before they become defiant teenagers.

Just take them for a short drive south. The poverty in Mexico is a real eye-opener for us spoiled Americans. My first trip there literally changed my worldview 180 degrees. My perspective of my own life changed radically as I realized just how blessed I am. I immediately realized that I already am very wealthy.

A short drive up to the Navajo reservation should provide a wake-up call as well.

There are many non-profits out there that I already support and wish I could give much more to. There's no end to worthy causes out there that could do so much more except for the lack of funds.

If I had lots more money than I already do, I would love to travel the world. There are so many wonders out there, I don't think I could ever tire of seeing it all.

I would also love to get a degree for the pure joy of it, instead of the need for career advancement.

I would also love to get a degree for the pure joy of it, instead of the need for career advancement.

I can relate...although, since I just graduated less than a year ago, I would wait a little while. ;)

I know for me, I was pretty narrowly focused on GPA and which courses/program prepared me the best and looked the best for potential employers (this was before I decided to trade full-time).

However, that's not to say I didn't enjoy college or many of the courses I took, because I certainly did...I even miss it.

Just take them for a short drive south. The poverty in Mexico is a real eye-opener for us spoiled Americans. My first trip there literally changed my worldview 180 degrees. My perspective of my own life changed radically as I realized just how blessed I am. I immediately realized that I already am very wealthy.

A short drive up to the Navajo reservation should provide a wake-up call as well.

Seeing poverty/less fortunate is different than interacting and helping. I spent a lot of time working with blind children and orphanages in Hungary when I lived there and it added another layer of perspective above observation. Just traveling around and seeing the world is only half the plan. Digging some wells in Africa and such is the other half. Good points though.

The idea of going back to school to learn for enjoyment instead of grades does sound fun. It seems like most the finish school come away knowing they love to learn but hate dealing with tests and forced homework. Self inflicted homework is just enjoyable practice.

When i become rich, I will help those people who are less fortunate.

I will help first the street children, also, the old people in the home for the aged. Because, not all people are given the chance to have what they want in life. So, I want them to experience that someone still carers for them. The street children, are not lucky for they only live in the streets, and they strive for living. The people in the home for the aged, aren't also lucky, because they were forbidden by their own family.

Work on personal art, enjoy my family, and assist the Gates Foundation which I believe has a good grasp of the things which are critical to humanities improvement and are given less attention than deserved.

True wealth is about having lots of time of your own, and time is precious, but I'll not rush.

And I'll try not to be selfish with my time, and help others as much as I can.

I'd like to change the world but I don't know what to do.

Negotiator - after recently moving from London I know you guys are not familiar with these things you dream of as a 'batcave' in Australia they are called a garage.

In the land of OZ many claim you should have a garage on the house that has more car spaces than bedrooms in the house. (and then we wonder why we have a housing boom and have issues with public transport when every house lives too far from everything :).

Sad to say, that places like Australia has become....dare I say it...as expensive as London, so you will need to be rich to move here :(

I'll offer Hugh Hefner to buy his Playboy empire.......OK ok just kidding!!!

- I'll help my less fortunate relatives and support some charities.

- Spend ew months every year holidaying in some exotic cites / places on earth.

I'm currently thinking another aspect: To whom am I needed so much that no one else on the planet can replace me?

A natural answer will be my parents and my children, but there should be some other answers.

GlassOnion,

I have a weathly father-in-law (and no he doesn't share the family trust fund). He often solves his problems by throwing money at it as does his older trust fund 'baby" brother. The end result = doesn't know much about anything. Anyway, that is my slighted view of my in-law.

Anyway, I'm planning on having enough reserves to bounce back from future drawbacks that could possibly occur.

I'd like to join a non-faith based medical mission team or even partner up with some organizers. I just want to partake in the adventure and to be a part of something that can continue to produce well intended effects without my direct intervention.

Currently, my wife and I are in planning process for our custom home to be built by next year. 3000-3500 sq ft @ approx $130 sq foot w/ plans for a detached guest efficiency/2 car garage and a pool w/ outdoor fireplace.

Ahhh . . . <sigh>

When I become Rich, I'll have to throw more money at my problems to make them go away.

A very high % of people who hit the lottery are broke.

8 lottery winners who lost their millions - MSN Money

Edited by rock

Start other businesses, and put people to work. I have an idea about how to use the ocean's tides for power generation. There are already tidal power plants, but my idea is different than what I've seen out there. I also have an idea for a new kind of framing for homes. Then I'd write novels as a non-profit venture. I would not try to sell them in bookstores. They would be free, and distributed by word of mouth, and person to person. I'd probably take donations to cover printing costs, and/or distribute them electronically. And if people liked them, hopefully volunteers would translate them into other languages.

MightyMouse, I agree for the most part. I can be a smart ass about it to prove otherwise. :rofl:

I don't help people due to a bleeding heart. I do it for the adventure. On the other hand, my wife does it for both reasons.