Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Hi,

i have a problem, in easy language(Multichart) i write "buy this bar at market", but multicharts buys only on open on next bar, it's too late for me. Maybe someone can recomend me some soft which can resolve this problem? Because as i know multichart doesn't support such types of orders. Am i wrong?

Thank for help!

BlowFish, do you use multicharts?

Coud you check this simple strategie, i'm intresting what results you will get.

[intrabarOrderGeneration=true]

IF Low < Low[1] then

sellshort this bar at market;

if high > High[1]then

buytocover this bar at market;

Please also see attached file, which results i recieve and what i really want from this strategy, maybe it will be more clear.

example.JPG.06f0510eb7339109cdae5c0163a6e828.JPG

I do have MC but don't really use strategies. I would help but there are probably far better qualified people that are less likely to give you duff information.

You do have tick data available for the instrument you are using?

Final thought you might get better help on TSSuport support or forum.

I don't think you can ever use "this bar at market", has to be "next bar at market." But with IntrabarOrderGeneration "next bar at market" becomes "next tick at market" is my understanding. Haven't tried this in many moons but used to work like this. Didn't you get this info in that other thread? You tried it and it didn't work?

Edited by ochie

"next bar" is crucial for my strategie. I need to fill order immediatly at market price when signal fires up, not on next bar.

I started new thread beacause i thought it can be soft problems and maybe there are better programs which can fill orders immiediatly.

"next bar" is crucial for my strategie. I need to fill order immediatly at market price when signal fires up, not on next bar.

I started new thread beacause i thought it can be soft problems and maybe there are better programs which can fill orders immiediatly.

Read ochies reply again. You expect to do better than the very next tick? You can no till at prices that have already past.

thanks for your help. I use 233 tick bars, therefore 234 tick is too late, because new high can be after 135 ticks or 111 ticks or ... never know. As i see from your replies the best solutionis to use 1 tick bar charts, then sell on next tick make sense.

Any better ideas will be welcome!

I don't think you can ever use "this bar at market", has to be "next bar at market." But with IntrabarOrderGeneration "next bar at market" becomes "next tick at market" is my understanding. Haven't tried this in many moons but used to work like this. Didn't you get this info in that other thread? You tried it and it didn't work?

maybe i don't how to use it properly, but i didn't get result about which you wrote

i just tried, wrote IntrabarOrderGeneration=true in script and strategies solf only on next bar open not on next tick as you wrote, unfortunatly.

P.S. I tried it in 233 tick chart

. I use 233 tick bars, therefore 234 tick is too late..
How about 232 tick bars :)

These are elementary EL questions which you can ask on the MC tssupport forum.

The fact is you are having a short circuit logic problem in your thinking. By definition, you can't know the H or the L of a bar until the bar is closed. You can however, create a derivative of price that can meet a certain criteria (often this is called an indicator), so that the condition is met intrabar. IOG (Intrabar order generation) logic was created for such purposes.

BlowFish, do you use multicharts?

Coud you check this simple strategie, i'm intresting what results you will get.

[intrabarOrderGeneration=true]

IF Low < Low[1] then

sellshort this bar at market;

if high > High[1]then

buytocover this bar at market;

Please also see attached file, which results i recieve and what i really want from this strategy, maybe it will be more clear.

You are overcomplicating this. All you want to do is to sell on the next bar when it goes lower than the trigger bar's low.

So just use this on the bar that is your "trigger" bar: sellshort next bar at low stop;