Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

karinka

MP and Electronics Trading

Is here anybody who follow this blog http://www.electroniclocal.blogspot.com/ ????

Is very nice blog and Electronic and Kiki make very good job. AGAIN THANK YOU.

What do you think , is makes sense set up new thread about trades their method ???. I think a lot of people have lot questions about their system. A lot questions is possible find in comments to Electronics post ( for example how use MomDot ...?? or about nuances ) ,but I think Electronic didnt answer exactly.OK is not problem ,I know that answer for every questions take a long time and it is not his obligation. We must find out by own effort and help each other. A lot is possible learn from his charts . I think two heads are better that one . So every individual found out in his charts some „trifle“, nuances and if we join forces we could find nice trading approach. For example I think I found way how he use MomDot with entry orders. OK, nothing is 100 percent and as Electronic said „ is art no science....“ . And from this reason I would like see „way of art“ other people and ofcourse mine.

I hope Electronic and Kiki agree and dont line up against , otherwise of course I will not continue to post in thread . I hope will continue in his blog and look forward to next posts.

What do you think is makes sense set up new thread about Electronics trades method ??? Are there any people who are willing to share own knowledge about Electronics trades and posts to this new thread. ?????

Thank you

Hi Karinka,

I'm following his blog as well and am glad that I stumbled upon one of his posts on TL by accident. He seems to extract money from the markets with such an ease that one could think for a moment that his blog is yet another marketing trick, a site put up to attract noobs to which a course or a software could be sold later on.

However, I am absolutely convinced that this isn't the case and I hope that he will keep on blogging for some time. Unfortunately, I don't have Market Delta so I cannot replicate his charting setup.

Still, I'd be very interested in an in depth discussion on how to use CDV in one's trading decisions. Fulcrumtrader has been very active on TL and his posts on Market Delta seem interesting, unfortunately when it comes to applying the info to trading , he remains rather vague, I feel.

Hi Karinka,

I'm following his blog as well and am glad that I stumbled upon one of his posts on TL by accident. He seems to extract money from the markets with such an ease that one could think for a moment that his blog is yet another marketing trick, a site put up to attract noobs to which a course or a software could be sold later on.

However, I am absolutely convinced that this isn't the case and I hope that he will keep on blogging for some time. Unfortunately, I don't have Market Delta so I cannot replicate his charting setup.

Still, I'd be very interested in an in depth discussion on how to use CDV in one's trading decisions. Fulcrumtrader has been very active on TL and his posts on Market Delta seem interesting, unfortunately when it comes to applying the info to trading , he remains rather vague, I feel.

What charting package do you use? Electronic Local has posted indicators for a number of different packages in order to successfully mimic his chart setup, maybe your charts are covered?

EL's blog is definitely cool. I've been practicing one particular setup that I have picked out from his charts, and it is very effective. He's a genuinely knowledgeable and helpful guy for sure!

Hi

thank you for answer ,appreciate but nobody answer in my basic question so far.

anyway I decided will shortly share my experinces.

Trade after open february 3 2010

.......price run up to resistance peak of volume from previous day and stop there , point 1. I always need some "line" that I can lean in trade

... important for me are 2 divergence(blue and yellow lines) in CDV (black) ,green-red is just smoothed and I think is useless

....after point 1 is there small congestion and VB are red CDV sharply fall down

....bar 2 hammer , green VB but red hammer something is not good ( I think Electronic said this is "iceberg")

..bar 3 entry short , sell in hole ,price breaks EMA33 6CCI below zero heading down , 45CCI right now crossing zero line down, VB on 3 bar ofcourse red

---- i personally watch too for such detail as is break of "Ross hook" (green line) what is small support

First target was not problem to reach , but for next scale out I have not exact rules.

So I hope somebody join and will see his /her view of Electronics trades.

http://www.sierrachart.com/userimages/upload_2/1265559137_40_UploadImage.png

I coded up some signal markers in Investor RT. They are a slight modification of an entry suggestion by someone in a comment section in EL's blog. They need a filter to avoid chop but I'm not sure how to go about this. Any others here in TL land mess around with these?

These are 2 tick range charts, the settings did not work on the 5 tick range charts, too much lag. a few examples from last week.

Images | ChartHub.com

Images | ChartHub.com

Images | ChartHub.com

Images | ChartHub.com

Traverse, I've posted chart settings here You can download the MarketDelta ones which should work on IRT.

EL

Thanks, I have imported the chart definitions. Maybe I wasn't very clear. The settings in the signal markers didn't find the entries I was looking for on the 5 range chart. However they do show some promise on the 2 tick range chart. I was wondering if anyone has experimented with the signal markers and various ways of filtering out signals during choppy periods. I do not have the version at this time which allows back testing but am trying to plot markers which represent common characteristics of some of your trades and other repeating characteristics noticed in favorable situations.

I think nobody want post "secrets" about Electronics trading .

I use this setup

1 .. aggressive short , entry into VA (blue line) ,break of ema33, bar has green VB but price go down ... something is bad

price goes to ema99 and POC yesterday

2, 3 ..increase of green VB,break of POV yesterday and ema33 ,long on 3 bar

cci6 must be above/below zero line and cci45 must be very near of zero line and nearly break it

http://www.sierrachart.com/userimages/upload_2/1269374041_75_UploadImage.png

Exit is problem. Electronuc please can you post some exact example how you manage exit ...cci, CDV, VB ..???? please no generally babblement

People that asked ELectronic question for examp. " what is not really clear to me, is how you time your entry," or "How do you read volume inside a bar? If you blow up a few bars and explain what you see," are very naive , EL will answer just generally. EL I am convinced than you will not answer my question here .Sorry no offense , anyway your blog was useful for me ,so I have to thanks for your efforts , but I can imagine how are unfulfilled some people.

I dont understant one thing ,EL said that trading is art and not exact science , but I think art is not possible program in FloBot , so self-repugnant.

I think nobody want post "secrets" about Electronics trading .

I dont think there are secrets about this method. It is all out there for one to figure out. It would seem more likely that not many are aware of this thread.

Exit is problem. Electronuc please can you post some exact example how you manage exit ...cci, CDV, VB ..???? please no generally babblement

People that asked ELectronic question for examp. " what is not really clear to me, is how you time your entry," or "How do you read volume inside a bar? If you blow up a few bars and explain what you see," are very naive , EL will answer just generally. EL I am convinced than you will not answer my question here .Sorry no offense , anyway your blog was useful for me ,so I have to thanks for your efforts , but I can imagine how are unfulfilled some people.

I dont understant one thing ,EL said that trading is art and not exact science , but I think art is not possible program in FloBot , so self-repugnant.

Do you really expect EL to provide any clarity with that attitude. Be real.

Sounds to me like you have a fair idea how you enter. Have you used similar ideas for exit? El speaks a lot about order flow. While learning the way, one could always exit at first sign of order flow going against their position.

A trade I was tracking today.

Entry: Classic inside out, delta shifted, cd was climbing thru the consolidation toward the MA, cci was heading up.

Order flow alone would have kept part of position on for quite some time.

I would find it helpful if time zones could be clarified. this is PST(est-3).

Images | ChartHub.com

Guys, you are looking for a pre-packaged mechanical formula for discretionary trading. That is a contradiction. "Discretionary" means "discretionary".

To me a setup is like a picture. When the picture is "right" I enter the trade. Sometimes I draw on where the support is, sometimes momentum is more important. Order flow is alwayd important but sometimes its the VB I want to see right and sometimes the CVD must be trending. It always depends on the circumstances.

The only way to "get it" is to do what I did: look at what happened just before a good trade triggered. That's why I push SIM trading so hard. Until you recognise FOR YOURSELF what the difference is between a good setup and no setup, you are doomed to lose. You want to run before you can walk. There is no substitute for the work to train yourself to see.

Now as far as the FloBot is concerned, that is not discretionary trading. Its mechanical trading, which is something different. The rules for FloBot are not discretionary. They are specific but general. The performance from FloBot will probably not be as good as a discretionary trader. Its strength lies in the trader not being required to focus 100% one hunderd percent of the time and also because a trader can trade a number of markets at a same time.

If you can't work out your exits yet, why don't you do what I suggested in the blog: take all your profits at the first logical scale point or at a fixed minimum profit objective. If your win rate is as high as it should be, you'll make money.

Since I started teachimg Kiki to trade and writing the blog, I have received many many emails from people who have turned their trading around and become CP (consistently profitable) by using what was in the blog. Its all in there.Providing mechanical setups for discretionary trading is not doing you a favour and I won't go down that road.

Electronics, Traverse

THANK YOUU. Well at last. I wanted just arouse people to help each other and post in this thread.I hope at least partialy manage it.

My basic style of trading is VSA and El order flow is nice for confirmation my analysis.

And Market profile is new dimension of my trading. So please people post here and try help each other . Life is not very easy and very expensive (at least in my country) and every help is great.

Electronics, God likes people as you and hope he will help you and your family.

Edited by kuky969

Travers

trade 3 entry is 1165 ??? out 1163 ??

short 116550, T1 116350, not much there but the look was right for entry. I picked target one by plotting a profile of last swing and using a high volume node.

nice charts traverse........have been following EL and Kiki since november. Am ensign user and perhaps IRT or MD would be better value for me. Sure wish EL (blog) had been around a few years ago. I am very aware of the value of his generosity and trust he stays awhile to share.

thanks

This is the first day of plotting these kind of bars.

EL(or anyone that cares to), if you see this I was wondering if you could offer any enlightenment on them. They seem to be significant when the high volume node is at one extreme and the bar close is the other way.

TIA

Images | ChartHub.com

I had this on a notepad............not sure when I copied it:

"When it comes to trading (MP), there are 2 distinct, primary patterns that offer the most potential to trade: A capital “P” pattern indicates a retest of resistance and/or higher prices. A lower case “b” pattern shows a retest of support and/or lower prices."

Looking at profiles, generally they have 3 shapes:

1. a "P" shape

2. a "D" shape

3. a "b" shape

a "D" would indicate a market in balance

your 3 examples would suggest that this market found resistance ("P" shapes) and the closes in the opposite direction would perhaps be indications of confirmation.

my theory only, i.e. not tested ( -_- )

I had this on a notepad............not sure when I copied it:

"When it comes to trading (MP), there are 2 distinct, primary patterns that offer the most potential to trade: A capital “P” pattern indicates a retest of resistance and/or higher prices. A lower case “b” pattern shows a retest of support and/or lower prices."

Looking at profiles, generally they have 3 shapes:

1. a "P" shape

2. a "D" shape

3. a "b" shape

a "D" would indicate a market in balance

your 3 examples would suggest that this market found resistance ("P" shapes) and the closes in the opposite direction would perhaps be indications of confirmation.

my theory only, i.e. not tested ( -_- )