Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Soultrader

[Bracketing TICK's]

good video, thanks james.

bracketing ticks seems to work pretty well, but what kind of situation would you play this method? are there any signals in the early morning /pre market that would make you look at fading the ticks?

ta, jay

Hi Jay,

Its hard to tell premarket unless whether TICK fades will work or not. What you can do is to anticipate a rangebound market. Today for an example could of been anticipated because of yesterdays monster trend day.

But what I usually do is to determine the type of day we are expected to have during the first 30 minutes of trading. Once you figure out that its going to be a rangebound day, you can plot the highs and lows on the TICK's and fade them accordingly.

I prefer to fade the lows on the TICK ranges. Upper extremes used to work better but recently its been a little risky. Im still trying to figure out whether a bull or bear market has any impact on this strategy.

But what I usually do is to determine the type of day we are expected to have during the first 30 minutes of trading. Once you figure out that its going to be a rangebound day, you can plot the highs and lows on the TICK's and fade them accordingly.

How do you determine if it's going to be rangebound within the first 30 minutes?

THANKS

Couple of things you can watch for. Is price trading within value? How big is the 30 minute range? The tighter the range the more likely we are going to have a choppy day.

Also check for volume. Is it light or is there enough volume in the morning?

Video would not play Soul. Just get a blank page. Thanks for the other great videos. Very informative. clamerman

Internet Explorer has issues sometimes. Try using Firefox. Thanks for the comments :)

Yes...thanks. I've always heard them as "rounds" or the "halves". Did a google on it and the TradersLab site was hit. I'm reading that thread as we speak. THANKS!! Nice video. Keep it up and I hope to be contributing one day soon.