Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

waveslider

ES at 12:04pm on 1/13 !!??

I have never seen anything like that volume go down - 224k contracts traded in one minute! This should be interesting.

Anyone have any comments on that price action in ES?

"Between 11:03 and 11:04 CT today, there were a series of transactions in ESH0 in which a market participant appears to have inadvertently traded approximately 200,000 contracts as both buyer and seller. CME maintains trade practice and risk management rules and procedures respecting such matters. In keeping with standard practices and CME's self-regulatory responsibilities, CME is reviewing the circumstances of this event."

Hmmm you would think that an order like that would have moved the market more, it absorbed it well, so there was some conviction on the part of the other side of the trade.

Thanks fulcrumtrader.

I wonder how the algo programs responded to this unusual activity.

Hmmm you would think that an order like that would have moved the market more, it absorbed it well, so there was some conviction on the part of the other side of the trade.

Was the same buyer and seller - "a market participant appears to have inadvertently traded approximately 200,000 contracts as both buyer and seller"

Was the same buyer and seller - "a market participant appears to have inadvertently traded approximately 200,000 contracts as both buyer and seller"

That seems to be the story out of the CME so far........much of this story seems very odd to me so far.......hmmmm???

I will be checking this latter to see what it shows for the time period involved............ http://www.cmegroup.com/trading/equity-index/us-index/e-mini-sandp500_quotes_timeSales_globex_futures.html

if the CME allows crossings of a buy order and sell order at the same broker, then it sounds like a typo whereby the operator of the order was meant to cross a smaller lot size?

if the CME allows crossings of a buy order and sell order at the same broker, then it sounds like a typo whereby the operator of the order was meant to cross a smaller lot size?

These were algorithmic automated order entries strung together (tons of them) in under ONE SECCOND of time within the same trade entity.......this is not your typical fat finger single entry mistake.

These were algorithmic automated order entries strung together (tons of them) in under ONE SECCOND of time within the same trade entity.......this is not your typical fat finger single entry mistake.

Updated report in: it seems it was UB and his crew! ;)

Seriously tho...UB must of been all over that!

Hello all.....WEEKEND UPDATE!

It appears the CME will let the trades stand from the event discussed here in this thread. The CME for the FIRST TIME EVER just allowed someone to trade within the same entity over 200,000 contracts in the ES (that is suppose to be making a market with yourself and NOT within compliance). Even though the trades stand I have now "sanitized" all my bid/ask data runs of this very interesting single party trade event.......THANKS CME for all the new "games"!!! :rofl: