Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

throughthemud

Forex Trading on Smartphone / Iphone

Has anyone done any trading via smartphone? I'm about to upgrade my phone and if I can I want a phone that I could make some trades from. What broker and phone model are you using?

I am using the Metatrader platform for my regular trading and therefore I have waited until they released the mobile version and it works great! I have it on my iphone and its very easy to use and user friendly. I also had it on my previous smartphone, Galaxy, and the platform works perfect with android as well. However, you still have to connect it with a broker that has great performance on PC trading, and I recommend only ECN STP brokers that can execute your order immediately after you send them. My trading platform for mobiles is connected to sunbirdfx and it is highly recommended- fast, no re-quotes , great trading experience!

I'd strongly suggest to anyone who is serious about trading to think very carefully about whether using a mobile phone app for trading is a good idea. The interface, speed, reliabilty and security issues make it something I personally wouldn't do. If you have a position and you absolutely must leave, either make sure you have a way of getting through to your broker's execution desk quickly or close the position out before you leave.

:2c:

In 2018 it's really necessary for brokers to integrate a platform for mobile trading. It's. really. necessary.
And I still don't understand why a lot of good brokers don't do it? At least I heard Amarkets have integrated a new platform such as MT 5 and Mobile MT. I Hope soon other brokers will do the same

On 20.04.2018 at 3:43 AM, zak.gibb said:

I've been using my iPhone 7 since the release of this phone. So I was trading for about a year now, and I never had a problem using my broker's mobile platform.

It's an advert of iphone 7?)) Nice)

This is great, but could anyone name the reasons of why not use a mobile platform? 
Just to take a few examples from this topic: interface, speed, reliability and security issues.

Interface as in iOS or Android, versus a desktop pc with whatever OS? I'd consider a desktop computer more vulnerable, thanks to all the viruses and such.

Speed, if you have a phone from the past few years it should run more than just one platform.

Reliability comes hand in hand with the speed, but lets take the internet connection in consideration on this one. I think you should use mobile internet with your mobile, rather than public wi-fi's first of all. Then if that is the case you should have a stable connection in the city, and you shouldn't trade on the go anyway. Except if you see a huge losing trade. So what's wrong trading from the couch with a phone? (Don't make it a habit tho, we are talking about serious things..)

Now the last one, security. I wonder really, how insecure are the phones if you can even use them to pay with at the shops. I do that every day, and to be honest I even leave my CC at home, just because that is easier to lose than a phone, which you are looking at all the time. Funfact: there are no viruses for android, only misled users. But back to the original issue. If you are using your phone on a secure connection, why is there any concern about security?

Downsides? Sure there are, small screen, unoptimised platforms and so on. But if you can handle these, I don't see why not.

On 7/4/2018 at 5:13 AM, CrazyCzarina said:

There is nothing which is perfect, it is up to you How you get this thing for you. I would not recommend trading from your Android phone or tablet

Yep, it's really uncomfortable to trade from tablet or Android. But for whom how :)