Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

TIKITRADER

Mobile Trading Apps

Looking for user feedback for best mobile trading apps and mobile phones for them.

I have not read anything negative for Options Express mobile so far.

Options Express

http://m.optionsxpress.com/help/android

IB Mobile Trader.

http://www.interactivebrokers.ca/fr/p.php?f=mobiletrader&ib_entity=fr

Motorola Droid

http://phones.verizonwireless.com/motorola/droid/#/home

Has anyone tried out trading apps for the Driod?

I have an iphone and the trading apps I like for it are:

Bloomberg

iTWS from Interactive Brokers

The basic iphone Stocks app is very good.

Forex OTG (on the go) very good charts

Oanda via Safari mobile user interface is good enough for an emergency trade...

As apps become available for the Droid I will move to Android because Andriod OS is more open, can execute apps in the background, and can attach an external keyboard.

If I were getting a new phone it would be a Droid.

Good luck.

ramora

Is Google unveiling an 'iPhone killer?'

Is Google unveiling an 'iPhone killer?' - CNN.com

Tuesday at 1 p.m. ET, Google will make some kind of announcement related to its Android smartphone operating system.

It's expected to be the launch of Google's Nexus One phone -- the company's first full-on leap into the smartphone fray and one that will put the online giant head-to-head with the darling of the market, the iPhone.

I just got the iphone and was happy to find good forex apps.

CitiFX has a good quote board that is the quickest and easiest way to keep an eye on currency pairs. Click on the currency pair on it gives you a decent chart showing 1 day, 1 week, 1 month or 1 year.

GFT and FXCM both have apps that you can use to trade with.

FXCM's app is decent. It allows you to view quotes but only 1 pair at a time. Charts appear to be only tick and 5 minutes charts. You can buy, sell, set entry and OCO orders. View your balance, positions and news. There's even a button to call them to place an order.

If you're trading a micro account there is a $0.10 per lot charge but that's only a pip so it shouldn't stop you from using it.

hi,

i would like to get a smartphone and from reviews i like the motorola droid/milstone more than the iphone (better resolution, keyboard), but it seems that the iphone has much better software support for trading. as ib customer i could use itws for iphone wich seems to be much better (charting etc) than the normal ib mobiletrader.

are there any experiences?

I don't use it but Think or Swim has an app for mobile use.

https://www.thinkorswim.com/tos/displayPage.tos?webpage=iSwim&displayFormat=hide#screens

The solution I use is http://www.logmein.com.

I run Ninjatrader on my office desktop all the time and can access it from my Droid via their app.

I can check/see realtime charts, make trades or use my PC.

FWIW

Hello everyone,

Old thread, but I ended up with a HTC android phone. Very satisfied overall for my needs.

When I worked a full-time daytime job and traded the U.S. session in the evenings, it was very beneficial to track the AH market and news headlines while at work, so that I was not completely in oblivion when the time came to start trading.

I use the CME group application for delayed futures quotes. Very nice application, but I greatly prefer the older version compared with the new update.

The Bloomberg application is great for news headlines.

These days, I still use all three, but the greatest benefit for me is that I can access Interactive Brokers TWS on 3G to manage my positions, if something should happen with my in house connection.

Regards,

HighStakes

One of my favorite apps for the market is ThinkorSwim.

Personally some of the best for charts on the phones besides prorealtime.

Interactive broker is great for the Depth of Market. That is excellent for tracking market live.

As far as a browser... Dolphin is outstanding. It is like using google with multiple tabs, home screen with quick shortcuts, great bookmarking, and best of all a screencapture tool.

Go sms pro the best sms app out there. You can backup and store text to email, or micros sd card. Also a private folder and so many customizable options it is tops.

App backup and restore is very nice. Backup all apps in case of a needed reset on phone.

You can come back and have apps and settings back in seconds after a factory reset.

Lookout mobile security is a nice antivirus app free and for a small fee it can perform extra tasks.

Google talk and google voice are also very good apps.

Advanced task killer works nicely to free up memory.