Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

brownsfan019

Trader P/L 2010

I haven't posted the last few days because I've been too frustrated that I can't seem to improve my win rate. It appears I am still able to be net profitable most days but intraday drawdowns are too large. I have a few variations on my setup to try out next week so we'll see if that produces anything good.

Dino,

What are you trading? GCL? I just finished backtesting GC on the 500 tick and it is kick ass with over 75% win rate since Jan. I am going to start trading it live on the next setup. It is in a long right now that just hit first target. I will be happy to share my results and data with you.

Dino,

What are you trading? GCL? I just finished backtesting GC on the 500 tick and it is kick ass with over 75% win rate since Jan. I am going to start trading it live on the next setup. It is in a long right now that just hit first target. I will be happy to share my results and data with you.

Please do share here in the thread so we can discuss. I only trade the CL but still just SIM. I could certainly live with a 75% win rate. :)

I love lurking in this thread but what ever happened to bathrobe and brownsfan? You two made trading seem like an attainable goal.

I will not be posting results here because I raised capital and am busy with the business of setting that up (deciding what to set it up as), hiring, and also moving.

good luck to all.

Edited by bathrobe

Dino,

This was my Daytrading Gold today One win one B/E and a final win. I know the chart is small, but I wanted you to see all three. I am doing the spreadsheet on the Gold 500 tick this weekend. Lots of trades. Have a great weekend.

gold.thumb.jpg.a01a08c2b3937cf798c1f37cba9c0016.jpg

I love lurking in this thread but what ever happened to bathrobe and brownsfan? You two made trading seem like an attainable goal.

I am floating around Surfer. Just needed a break from the grind of posting daily and most days by myself.

Sorry I haven't posted my trades last couple of weeks.

Have been on vacation -- usually on vacation I actually do get in some trading, sometimes daily but this time the internet access I had was completely ineffective for trading. It was actually kinda nice to have that forced hiatus :)

At any rate, I'll be back in the markets first thing Monday and will again resume posting my successes....................oh, and that other thing.........failures.

Nice three day string Dinero....when are you thinking of moving back off the sim? Have recently revamped my trading system - trading small but consistent for the first time - ever.

July is going to be a light month happily due to vacations - but will start posting again in August!

Nice three day string Dinero....when are you thinking of moving back off the sim? Have recently revamped my trading system - trading small but consistent for the first time - ever.

July is going to be a light month happily due to vacations - but will start posting again in August!

Live trading is still a bit away. I need to see a lot of controlled consistent profitable trading first. Look forward to your postings.

Nice results lately - hope it keeps up for you post-holiday....

How about fixing the spam problem that is ruining TL for everyone instead.

Think you can man up and take care of it for us?

Geez macdfx when you put it like that I just don't know.

Seriously though, I'm not sure what you're referring to and hardly thing TL is being ruined for everyone. We actually have 3 people who work fulltime (not exclusively on TL there's no money here :) and receive any spam reports we get and actually I'm pretty proud how quickly we remove those from the site. Most of those posters tend not to return because they go through all that work of posting their spam and we delete it usually within the same hour (unless it's non-business hours)

There's no way to really stop this completely - the only way would be if we moderated every post and that's the last thing all of you would want - every post would be delayed, sometimes for hours. However, we rely on the Spam Reporting function and it seems to really work great and just so you know, we have multiple people who get those reports as soon as you click it and first available person deals with the deletions.

I'm pretty proud of the effort but hey, I'm always open to doing more so if there's something else we should be by all means, please let me know. Thanks.

How about fixing the spam problem that is ruining TL for everyone instead.

Think you can man up and take care of it for us?

SIM

attachment.php?attachmentid=21649&stc=1&d=1278431285

attachment.php?attachmentid=21650&stc=1&d=1278431285

Nice day.

Since my main intrest is also CL, i have been following

your evolution.

I see that you are more selective: number and the quality of trades.

How do you filter?

Nice progression.

Since my main intrest is also CL, i have been following

your evolution.

I see that you are more selective: number and the quality of trades.

How do you filter?

Nice progression.

I'm working on trying to only take trades that have an extra confirmation. I mostly trade CL reversals so I definitely am watching for divergence type price action and then waiting for something extra to help confirm that chances are high for the turnaround maybe a nice hammer candle or other such signals.

Out of the blue, I got a large amount of extra work to supplement my income so I haven't been able to focus on my trading as much lately. Once that dies down, I'll get back at my posting here.

cool thread.

Shame it seemed to die off.

Brownsfan: You still trading and and doing well? I imagine so. You seemed to have this sussed.

Denirotrader: Very interesting. Are you LIVE or on SIM at the moment? Any idea why you seemed unable to replicate your SIM success on a live account? I know that some SIM platforms give you fills you would otherwise be unable to get etc, but that shouldn't matter to you considering the number of ticks your average profit and losses seem to be. Was it just a matter of being unable to folow your plan when live due to emotions??

This is mine today.

Note that this is a SIM account, although I do trade live (but at very very small size)

I simply place all of my live trades on a SIM seconds after because I like the features in nijatrader where you can analyse results etc.

+43 PIPS

tlpl.thumb.JPG.40bc96caca146a6451765e3cd8f353a1.JPG

Yeah, it was a good threat, I'm guilty as well with having forgotten about it - thanks for the reminder.

I'll post below my most recent two sessions - they are respectable. My trading hasn't changed much in the last few months since last update -- still I'd say Crude Oil/CL is a focus and trade that daily. Which accounted for the bulk of what I did Friday & Monday per attached. I also like the Dax futures and in forex I'll swing trade the EURJPY right now. I've started/stopped a bit of other markets in recent months after experimenting some in British Pound/BP futures, Wheat Futures as well -- though currently those are not in my mix. I felt I was doing better in these other markets so better to keep focused. I'd still like to add something else to my mix so experimenting.

attachment.php?attachmentid=22725&stc=1&d=1288033513

1025Results.thumb.jpg.0524a34db16fde609d2e2e7dcf9f599a.jpg