Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

brownsfan019

Trader P/L 2010

I have been looking at tick charts and I decided to try them this week. I do like than better than time based charts. Beans have a lot of volume and volatility at the open and then trails off , and with tick charts, it is easier to trade the volatility in the first half an hour.

This is just my opinion from one days trading and some 'eyeball' backtesting over the last month of trades, so take it with a grain of salt.

I am using the same rules/setup I used with 5 minute charts, and that will have to trade. I took 8 trades in the first two hours trading tick bars which is way too many for my taste.

5aa70ff67d6bc_NinjaTraderPerformanceReport4-12.jpg.12e9e6f98b0bcabfd766e9afd8082042.jpg

I have been looking at tick charts and I decided to try them this week. I do like than better than time based charts. Beans have a lot of volume and volatility at the open and then trails off , and with tick charts, it is easier to trade the volatility in the first half an hour.

This is just my opinion from one days trading and some 'eyeball' backtesting over the last month of trades, so take it with a grain of salt.

I am using the same rules/setup I used with 5 minute charts, and that will have to trade. I took 8 trades in the first two hours trading tick bars which is way too many for my taste.

When I was trading soybeans I always used tick charts to get my entries. In fall last year, soybeans would really make some good trending moves so trading wasn't all that bad but they got much more choppier as time progressed and became harder for me to trade profitably. Throw up some charts if you can. I miss those charts with the crazy open ranges.

SIM

+$1095

attachment.php?attachmentid=20564&stc=1&d=1271099494

attachment.php?attachmentid=20563&stc=1&d=1271098831

Okay, getting back to SIM to work out a new strategy. Worked really well today but I always do better on days with larger moves and natural gas went down big. I will be watching a couple other markets since the setups I am looking for occur for less frequently than my old method. I'm expecting 2-6 entries per day.

5aa70ff6cf115_4-12-201006.png.ea8dedd75b33d91895440a17d10b7c09.png

5aa70ff6d1bcf_4-12-201007.png.e9b3d9a2b059ab844d21d62328496a9b.png

don't have my blotter today but trust me it wasn't pretty. 3 back to back losses. Shut down the platform at 9:45am and went into self-preservation mode.

Somedays just aren't gonna work, and today was one of them. If I hit them this bad I shut down and keep whats left in my account there, rather than risking it.

gross p/l: -192.50

Alright, still thinking about what EB said. Still.:)

I have a new progression step from newbie trader to professional live trader.

1. SIM privately

2. SIM trade posting your daily results.

3. SIM trade with others following along with their own real money trading

4. Trade your own money live.

If SIM is going well and you have a plan that is executable in a live setting, why not go start an account at Collective2.com

You have minimal fees and you can go on simply SIM trading. If you are really any good, people will begin to pay you to follow your trading. Now you have hardly any risk yet rather large potential for income but it is all based on results. Want to prove you can trade well without risking any of your trading capital? This seems like a no brainer.

Am I missing something?

Great idea, but...I've played with collective2 before and found it hard to enter real trades and then turn around and enter the trades on their system. But your concept is dead on.

Great idea, but...I've played with collective2 before and found it hard to enter real trades and then turn around and enter the trades on their system. But your concept is dead on.

As dinero and brownsfan know I have thought of possibly doing this but one of my major concerns is if I have entered long and then feel price is going to stall or turn around, on my account I can get out using dom; however, they say on their site that if you use the ninja dom you may not have your order sent to C2 (some sort of error sometimes occurs) and you would need to log in and get out using their ticket. This would create a loser that was really a winner on my end and would be detrimental as to the only reason I would be doing this is a track record. Obviously I would have made money and any subscribers would have lost which would lose subscribers if I had any and I would feel bad for them as well.

If you could expand on your experiences with them it would be very helpful.

As dinero and brownsfan know I have thought of possibly doing this but one of my major concerns is if I have entered long and then feel price is going to stall or turn around, on my account I can get out using dom; however, they say on their site that if you use the ninja dom you may not have your order sent to C2 (some sort of error sometimes occurs) and you would need to log in and get out using their ticket. This would create a loser that was really a winner on my end and would be detrimental as to the only reason I would be doing this is a track record. Obviously I would have made money and any subscribers would have lost which would lose subscribers if I had any and I would feel bad for them as well.

If you could expand on your experiences with them it would be very helpful.

I don't have very much experience with it yet but I know if you are in a postion there is a small "close position" button on the order screen that you could quickly click and exit your order immediately at market. You would just need to keep that ticket screen open in the background. If you need to exit at limit you would have to prepare the order ticket for a limit close of position before you needed to quickly exit and manually enter the price once you were ready exit. You can use there system in test mode to make sure it is performing as expected before starting your track record. Like I said though, I have very little experience with it.

I don't have very much experience with it yet but I know if you are in a postion there is a small "close position" button on the order screen that you could quickly click and exit your order immediately at market. You would just need to keep that ticket screen open in the background. If you need to exit at limit you would have to prepare the order ticket for a limit close of position before you needed to quickly exit and manually enter the price once you were ready exit. You can use there system in test mode to make sure it is performing as expected before starting your track record. Like I said though, I have very little experience with it.

I took a round turn about two years ago using the ticket but I think they should create a dom for futures traders. I use a computer for executing and one for charting so I would probably buy a laptop for C2; I do not use the internet on either machine (except for the connections to data and broker, but no surfing of the net) this is relatively new

SIM

+$754 (after commissions)

4 trades

attachment.php?attachmentid=20636&stc=1&d=1271430610

A failed breakout is starting to become one of my most valued indicators.

Screwed up my 2nd gold trade and missed all that nice move down. I always trade poorly after I miss a big move so I am done for the day.

attachment.php?attachmentid=20637&stc=1&d=1271430610

5aa70ff90eb6d_4-16-201001.png.afac001c4d054d4ca45456dcca07c2c3.png

5aa70ff9143b2_4-16-201003.png.1e540d0c8e0aeff2648fdfc6002236a0.png