Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

brownsfan019

Trader P/L 2010

Would you have been cutting your trading here if this were sim? Are you at least still sim trading for the balance of the day?

Bad habits, once started ...

Best Wishes,

Thales

Probably not. I thought about this several times and decided I just needed the victory on my first day. Good word of caution though. I have been SIM trading after I shut down the live platform. I figure it will take me 5 days or so to get used to being live. I was pretty calm during my trades today. Everytime I got a little nervous at all pre trading and during trading I just reminded myself that I had 5 weeks of consistently profitable trading to back up my belief that I could succeed.

My work is going to get a little busier with quarter close starting in few days but I should be able to trade the first 2 hours of oil consistently.

Hey There momop,

I'm very glad that my posts helped you. That's great news. I wish you tremendous success as you progress on your journey.

Jason

Jason - You may remember me from another board..I recently came across this thread and started following religiously. Sorry to see you leave, but I understand. Your posts have been greatly motivating me to keep working on my trading system.

Dinero - Congrats on going live and all the best!

I have my sim trading mostly ready..Will start posting my results soon. I feel this thread is an awesome thread to see how seasoned traders do. Most importantly, watching their drawdowns and their losses and how they spring back with bigger gains is quite helpful.

Alrighty, I haven't been posting much because....I haven't been trading much!

A month ago I opened an account at Velocity with a 10k deposit to trade EUREX futures but I'm not sure I'm fully ready yet. I don't really have a plan or strategy; I just trade from gut feeling by setting stops and letting winners run. It hasn't really been working for me. I've still got about 9.5k left.

However I'm going to stop doing that for now and concentrate on doing small simulation trades on the DAX until I'm steadily profitable (at least $100 a day, on average). I will be doing this in the first two hours of the market open (8pm-10pm local time). I would trade the other futures markets but they open too late for me (2-3am).

Here's a SS of tonight's action...... caught the downward move in small increments.

profit/loss is in euros:

hq2gndzo.jpg

Happy trading

.........I just funded a new Oanda account with $100, which I'm going to begin trading next week. I plan to post my P/L here.........

Hey guys,

Change of plans...I'm actually going to begin posting SIM results here beginning tomorrow. I haven't touched my $100 real account, yet.

I was jumping into the live account because I did incredibly well last week trading SIM. However, the reason I did so well last week is that, in my mind, it "didn't count." See this post in my log for more details.

When I began this week, I was so nervous and scared to death to go live that I decided to SIM for the first day (well, sort of...my SIM platform wasn't working well so much of it was just logging entries/exits)...but I haven't done quite as well...since in my mind this week "counts," I've traded differently. Just like last night...I had PT's in place, blah blah blah, but I pulled the trade early (with no technical reason to do so) for a net gain of 1R for the night, and cut myself short of what could have been 3.5R! That's the kind of thing I wasn't doing last week that allowed me to be so profitable.

This quote from Dinero spoke to me:

Everytime I got a little nervous at all pre trading and during trading I just reminded myself that I had 5 weeks of consistently profitable trading to back up my belief that I could succeed.

I think at least a couple weeks of SIM trading...SIM trading that "counts"...would be good for me before I jump into my real account...that's why I'm going to post the results here...so that in some way it's "official" and "counts" so that it will be good emotional training for me.

It's frustrating...I know that I "have it in me" to do extremely well (thanks to last week...it has me excited again...I was beginning to lose hope! ;))...it's just a matter of freeing myself from all the baggage that the money concerns weigh me down with.

-Cory

I'm actually going to begin posting SIM results here beginning tomorrow.

Let me just mention...it won't be until the end of tomorrow...probably between 11PM-12AM Eastern Time. A "day" the way Oanda keeps record for me is 12AM-12AM Eastern Time, so that's how I'll log it here...since I trade in the mornings and evenings, I'll wait until I'm done with Tokyo to post.

-Cory

Wish it were SIM!

-$999

attachment.php?attachmentid=20414&stc=1&d=1269975420

attachment.php?attachmentid=20413&stc=1&d=1269975149

Worst day in 6 weeks. Couldn't trade very long because of an early meeting so I had no chance to catch the move I was looking for. Emotions got me.. etc. We'll see if tomorrow's inventory moves can provide some good profit opportunities.

5aa70ff258ad0_3-30-201001.png.39d420e88ab011ce0759463a056539b9.png

5aa70ff25b064_3-30-201003.png.135163e4fd7806e0c09a713b95f1cd8a.png

I plan to post my paper trading results.

MySim Results (Mar/30)

-----------------------------

----------------

Profit = 187

Loss = -73

Net = 114

------------------------------

I still need to fix few things with my system. For some reason, the positions were not flattended by end of day. Seems to be a Interactive Broker issue (may be paper trade only issue) where it doesn't take MOC orders. So I assume Close price of stocks to be my closing trade. I'd probably implement my own engine to flatten if IB doesn't do it.

From now on out I will post the smaller account results.

Today I missed 2 setups in es and traded a third for around 2.5k, the majority of my p/l came from an oil trade.

This is probably my last CL trade unless I see a setup I can't resist, I have one such setup but I do not want to take up the real estate with an oil chart every day.

Attached is a chart so maybe we can get up some of the discussion like we had last year regarding analysis. I will try to post charts when I can.

330.PNG.13cd56699bc0352531660af78b3edb3d.PNG

Today I missed 2 setups in es and traded a third for around 2.5k, the majority of my p/l came from an oil trade.

This is probably my last CL trade unless I see a setup I can't resist, I have one such setup but I do not want to take up the real estate with an oil chart every day.

Attached is a chart so maybe we can get up some of the discussion like we had last year regarding analysis. I will try to post charts when I can.

Thanks Bathrobe - its posts like these that make my toiling 8+ hours for 150 buck day worthwhile...the thought of generating income that will replace the current job is worthy - just needs the occasional boost. Much appreciated.

Took two trades, the first one was a loser. The second entry was a winner but I cut my profits short taking 5 ticks profit out of a 8 point run trading ZS.

5aa70ff28c86d_NinjaTraderPerformanceReport.jpg.192a0592a9b57a30ab685a8289d79bcb.jpg

Thanks Bathrobe - its posts like these that make my toiling 8+ hours for 150 buck day worthwhile...the thought of generating income that will replace the current job is worthy - just needs the occasional boost. Much appreciated.

For quite awhile when I was new to futures trading, I dreamed of $150/day. I have just been at it awhile.

Chris

I'm glad someone made money on that move. I had to leave for a meeting today right as the buyers were getting hammered in that second circle. I got short but flattened after a few seconds because I realized I had to go. :crap:

Your ability to wait out the price action for the great moves is amazing Bathrobe.

newreply.php?do=newreply&p=93248

5aa70ff299748_3-30-201001.thumb.png.66366341c5d1bc275b3f0c5ec9321c73.png

I'm glad someone made money on that move....

Your ability to wait out the price action for the great moves is amazing Bathrobe.

]

I agree if I had your patience I would make a whole lot more loot.

I got short at 8253 - initially had an 8¢ stop - after the entry candle closed I moved the stop to 1 tick above to 8255. So I was only risking 2¢ and I was confident price was going to 8200. risking $20 to make $530 - excellent R:R ratio in my book.

Please don't ask me where i got out. Ok - I made $30 on the trade! Seconds after I exited price was at 33 and I knew I made a mistake. The story of my life. One of these days I'll be willing to lose the 20 bucks!

Patience is a virtue.

I'm actually going to begin posting SIM results here beginning tomorrow.

Well, once again, change of plans!

I'm not going to post today...I need to get some things worked out...not with my trading plan, but with my head! In the mean time, I don't want to waste space on this thread.

It's not even about the money for me...it's about whether my trading "counts" or not, if that makes any sense. I began this morning trading nothing like I had been because I knew I was posting and that it "counted"...it really screws me up. However, after I made the decision that I wouldn't post (and that it wouldn't "count"), I started trading like my old self and doing well.

I know I've made something of a fool of myself, but I WILL BE BACK here to post my P/L soon...in a week or two...currently planning to begin April 11....with my $1,000 SIM account...

-Cory

Found a pooch and then I screwed it HARD today. Friggin' missed a textbook winner for +7, then took another winner that I got high ticked out for 1 tick, then finally caught an actually winner in the 6J. Good god. I haven't missed a trade in over 3 weeks and had a great streak going.

Also revising my rules to take either a true breakeven or my winners - no more +1's here and there. I'm not trading for a +1 and while covering commissions is nice, I can cover a hell of a lot more commissions on a +7 than a +1.

Untitled.png.802c60d4376f54b0dbde80c4cd6eef1c.png

Real

-$544

attachment.php?attachmentid=20443&stc=1&d=1270070016

attachment.php?attachmentid=20444&stc=1&d=1270070016

Well, I feel like a failure but oh well. Gotta keep working at it. I'll be going back to SIM now to see if I can fix a few problems I ran into. During these past 3 days of live trading I saw some issues that still need work.

5aa70ff307357_3-31-201007.png.2c7a0c100c98669eb688749681894c06.png

5aa70ff309adf_3-31-201008.png.cc40227a008c4dd95b8b615b5030af07.png

Real

-$544

attachment.php?attachmentid=20443&stc=1&d=1270070016

attachment.php?attachmentid=20444&stc=1&d=1270070016

Well, I feel like a failure but oh well. Gotta keep working at it. I'll be going back to SIM now to see if I can fix a few problems I ran into. During these past 3 days of live trading I saw some issues that still need work.

I am sorry about your loss.

I went through the same experience several times.

What would you say is the difference between you live and sim trading?

Gabe

I am sorry about your loss.

I went through the same experience several times.

What would you say is the difference between you live and sim trading?

Gabe

Not sure yet. Entries and exit execution were exactly the same as the DEMO on OEC so that wasn't a problem. It is so hard to say because I barely missed 2 entries today that would have been big winners and yesterday I had to stop trading and flatten a trade which was a good trade so I could easily chalk up the results to a couple mistakes but that isn't good enough. I am just going to work on getting the entry number down further and define my entries in more detail. Hopefully, I can get back to real money in a month or so.