Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Dinerotrader

Economic Calendar Reminders

Has anyone figured out a way to get economic news events automatically set as reminders on your computer so you don't have to manually set any of them. I'd also be interested in picking and choosing which news events I wanted reminders for.

I use outlook for all my reminders right now so my hope is there is a way to get some sort of auto import of those reminders into outlook. I just don't want to spend any time on things that can be automated.

attachment.php?attachmentid=16664&stc=1&d=1261001638

5aa70f843cd41_12-16-20093.png.558bdf6d04f1983a493754a715b3bd25.png

Econoday offers a service you can buy that puts them on your Outlook calendar automatically.

LINK

I've never used it, so not sure if you can customize or not.

Thanks a million BF. Here are some prices they have for varying levels of reminder data. I'll probably get this unless someone knows of something else that is cheaper.

This brings up another question. If I want to find out the economic news as fast as possible, where or how do I get it?

attachment.php?attachmentid=16665&stc=1&d=1261002907

5aa70f84448a3_12-16-20094.thumb.png.6043b02388df46036ebe19b6e19c4e58.png

Thanks a million BF. Here are some prices they have for varying levels of reminder data. I'll probably get this unless someone knows of something else that is cheaper.

This brings up another question. If I want to find out the economic news as fast as possible, where or how do I get it?

you have to subscribe to Bloomberg or something like that.

but don't ever think that the speed of obtaining announcements will give you an edge in trading...

you have to subscribe to Bloomberg or something like that.

Not the most informative answer but I appreciate the effort.:)

but don't ever think that the speed of obtaining announcements will give you an edge in trading...

Just curious, what makes you believe this idea?

Looking at the pricing, I would get the Market Moving Events for 19.95/mo. That should give you the events that have stars, which is typically the events you want to be aware of.

I don't know anyone that does anything like Econoday. They are very good at what they do and I reference it every morning. As you know, I'll trade before/during/after news (except oil inventory) so I just like to know what's going on and when. Some would probably use it to remind themselves when not to trade.

Has anyone figured out a way to get economic news events automatically set as reminders on your computer so you don't have to manually set any of them.

Hi Dinero,

I keep this indicator on atleast one of my active charts on Ninjatrader.

It pulls data from Forexfactory. We can set how many minutes in advance we want it to alert us.

I know you are on OEC right now, but this might help someone else. :)

EconNews.jpg.c45d3028c7581ef2c23930ddcbf1433f.jpg

EconNews.zip

Hi Dinero,

I keep this indicator on atleast one of my active charts on Ninjatrader.

It pulls data from Forexfactory. We can set how many minutes in advance we want it to alert us.

I know you are on OEC right now, but this might help someone else. :)

If this is done via EasyLanguage it might transport into OEC.

Here's one Ive used regularly for the last 3-4 years. Its not perfect in terms of immediate updates of actual numbers . Its free and i get all the upcoming news i need.

Open it , minimise it and thats all. I set mine up for 5 mins so just before the news release the alarm goes off. On the actual release it will pop up the release. Plus the bells goes off. hahaha

Forex Tester Software - Professional Forex Training. Teach yourself forex trading. a free download guys

Hope its helpful to some as it has been for me

" Newsupdater"

Not the most informative answer but I appreciate the effort.:)

Just curious, what makes you believe this idea?

the answer from Tams was the most informative in this thread. If you dont see it - it doesnt actually mean it is not.

The essense is - all the news efficiently have been traded by professional trading desks around the world way before you get them.

Has anyone figured out a way to get economic news events automatically set as reminders on your computer so you don't have to manually set any of them. I'd also be interested in picking and choosing which news events I wanted reminders for.

I use outlook for all my reminders right now so my hope is there is a way to get some sort of auto import of those reminders into outlook. I just don't want to spend any time on things that can be automated.

attachment.php?attachmentid=16664&stc=1&d=1261001638

I'm using calendar from Baltic Assets Very good one! It is under "Economic calendar" button

the answer from Tams was the most informative in this thread. If you dont see it - it doesnt actually mean it is not.

The essense is - all the news efficiently have been traded by professional trading desks around the world way before you get them.

This is an interesting comment and one that frankly I did not expect to read here...

For Maxima;

Actually Sir or Madam, the "news" in terms of scheduled economic report releases comes in various "flavors"...that is to say, there are reports that are released on a rigorous schedule and cannot be seen in advance, and then there are reports that are released in advance to "subscribers"....Those of us who do this for a living know which is which and as the gentleman has stated, we plan our moves in advance...I guess the only thing I would like to correct is the timing...actually Maxima, most professional offices have an idea of what the report bias will be and we establish our longer term market position anywhere from 10 days to a month ahead of the release, and then we trade around it as the "event" draws near....Splitting the trade this way allows us to hedge and lay off risk when we feel we might be wrong, and to add deltas when we want more risk exposure....Now I wonder if anyone will get this and comment? Oh well. (once again I refer people to Ben Warwick's excellent book on Event Trading).

Good luck everyone.