Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

sleepy v2

Bracket Order - Newbie

Im currently trialling OEC's demo.

Can someone please explain how I create a bracket order to place a forex trade.

For example,

aud.usd buy/stop 81.50

aud.usd sell/stop 81.00

In other words, I want to open a trade when aud.usd hits 81.50 and when it does this it put in a working order to sell at 81.00 which is my stoploss.

Thanks,

sleepy :)

Im currently trialling OEC's demo.

Can someone please explain how I create a bracket order to place a forex trade.

For example,

aud.usd buy/stop 81.50

aud.usd sell/stop 81.00

In other words, I want to open a trade when aud.usd hits 81.50 and when it does this it put in a working order to sell at 81.00 which is my stoploss.

Thanks,

If I am correct, there is no DOM for forex at OEC so to enter a bracket order you have to use the OSO entry screen. I think I have only done it once in the past so I am not a great person to walk you through it.

BF let me know if I am wrong on this.

attachment.php?attachmentid=16504&stc=1&d=1260564923

5aa70f7f64d68_12-11-20092.png.01a724e93eab5d16e1d8de6e112e3487.png

Nope. OEC FX is a white label partnership with Gain Capital. Since this is a market maker there is no market depth available and therefore no trading through DOM as well. They offer a different order tool for FX but I don't know wether bracket orders are possible.

I won't recommend them for FX anyway. There are better FX brokers on this planet.

OECFX.jpg.111065b29b0fbc0472d3628605a12408.jpg

Nope. OEC FX is a white label partnership with Gain Capital. Since this is a market maker there is no market depth available and therefore no trading through DOM as well. They offer a different order tool for FX but I don't know wether bracket orders are possible.

I won't recommend them for FX anyway. There are better FX brokers on this planet.

Good info I didn’t know; Are there any good DMA FX brokers you would recommend?

According to one of OEC guys ..

Forex pairs dont have a DOM

but you can do a bracket order through charts (via extended options).

Can anyone explain how this is doen. I still couldnt work it out.

And the reason I was plannin on using OEC for froex as I wanted to use a broker that I could trade both forex and eminis.

Thanks,

According to one of OEC guys ..

Forex pairs dont have a DOM

but you can do a bracket order through charts (via extended options).

Can anyone explain how this is doen. I still couldnt work it out.

And the reason I was plannin on using OEC for froex as I wanted to use a broker that I could trade both forex and eminis.

Thanks,

IMO, the convenience of one broker for both isn't worth it in this case. I just closed my forex account at OEC because the spreads were ridiculous. Follow the link Here to a thread which discusses spot forex trading extensively. Look at Thalestraders' posts. There are several times throughout the thread that brokers are discussed.

That is the advice I would want if I was getting into spot forex without having read that thread.

Note: I just linked the thread to a recent post about brokers. Threre are many, many more good posts in that thread in the past.