Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

I seem to recall you posted pictures of MTPredictor in the past? Do you now prefer to use the PositionSizer.com software?

I think quite possibly Pipthief has stripped out some useful components of MTP, i.e. the position sizing and ATR components, and is now selling them as stand alone script. For the $800, you would be better spending the extra vig and get MTPredictor and its EW and fib capabilities. Afterall, the position size calculator is easy to program, and the ATR stop is available for almost all charting platforms for free.

I suspect that Pipthief's posts are a subtle form of spam. I may be wrong, but that i show it looks to me.

Best Wishes,

Thales

Ahh OK. MTPredictor is not something I would particularly consider for myself (I'd just program it if that was what I wanted). I always liked the firm emphasis they placed on risk and trade management. There are a lot worse people that one could get involved with :) I was wondering why one would change I guess if it was a product one was promoting that would explain it:)

I think quite possibly Pipthief has stripped out some useful components of MTP, i.e. the position sizing and ATR components, and is now selling them as stand alone script. For the $800, you would be better spending the extra vig and get MTPredictor and its EW and fib capabilities. Afterall, the position size calculator is easy to program, and the ATR stop is available for almost all charting platforms for free.

I suspect that Pipthief's posts are a subtle form of spam. I may be wrong, but that i show it looks to me.

Best Wishes,

Thales

Hi Thales,

I respect your comment but get your facts straight.

1. PositionSizer is an order entry software. You click through the series of prices and your position is sized and then you click TRADE POSITION and the order (MKT-LMT-STPLMT-STP) is sent to your broker. So that means you get sized and the order enter with BRACKETS to the broker in less than 4 seconds.

2. Your balance auto feeds so no need to do this, Can someone tell me if MTP does this actually so I do not sound ignorant?

3. There is a Tick Data Base.

4. There is a live currency feed. Does MTP do this? Again some one answer that for me please?

AUTOMATIC ATR manages the trade's stop at the broker and then closes position when it is touched.

PositionSizer is an order entry software that works with the API of banks to enter your order with the broker right after it is sized through the trade position button.

There are lots of cool features or at least I think so but this is not a buy and sell signal program at all.

I am a price action trader and do not have a system. I just use patterns. MTP did not invent the ABC pattern or Position Sizing. I learned the patterns from Suri Duddella's book which is quite nifty I might ad.

The Pip Thief

Edited by The Pip Thief
spelling

I seem to recall you posted pictures of MTPredictor in the past? Do you now prefer to use the PositionSizer.com software?

They again are not the same thing at all. I know of them but they are not an order entry software. I am not understand how you do not see the difference. It is kind of a startling difference I might ad.

I click on screen on my entry price, my stop price, then 0, 1, or 2 profit targets them my position is sized and I hit the trade position button. Then a bracket order is sent to my broker and then the entry order is filled and the stop and profit target(s) are place automatically.

If I have the AUTO ATR set to on the my stop is automatically moved at IB as the trade goes in my direction. Maybe I was not clear.

The Pip Thief.

They again are not the same thing at all. I know of them but they are not an order entry software. I am not understand how you do not see the difference. It is kind of a startling difference I might ad.

I click on screen on my entry price, my stop price, then 0, 1, or 2 profit targets them my position is sized and I hit the trade position button. Then a bracket order is sent to my broker and then the entry order is filled and the stop and profit target(s) are place automatically.

If I have the AUTO ATR set to on the my stop is automatically moved at IB as the trade goes in my direction. Maybe I was not clear.

The Pip Thief.

can you post a video?

Hello,

I use PositionSizer.com add-on for order entry and I love it but I need a program for analysis of position sizing. Like one that will help me find out the best bet size. I have done a little research and found Sator but no others.

Has anyone used Stator? If so what do you think?

Has anyone head of any other Position Sizing analysis software?

Thanks,

The Pip Thief

are you associated with PositionSizer.com ?

can you post a video?

Yes, what do you want to see? Why are the pics not clear? I will post one on Monday just tell me what you want to see. I am moving this weekend and I want the market to be open cause its cooler.

The Pip Thief

Ahh OK. MTPredictor is not something I would particularly consider for myself (I'd just program it if that was what I wanted). I always liked the firm emphasis they placed on risk and trade management. There are a lot worse people that one could get involved with

Steve Griffiths runs a good shop at MTP. I am not a programmer, and I had no problem paying (if memory serves) about $1200 for the software a bunch of years ago. Today, at $2500/copy, I'd pass. If he'd drop the price back to $1400-$1500, I'd recommend the software to anyone, especially if one is interested in trading using EW and fibs. MTP also comes with a two part trading course. The first part I believe is free, and can be downloaded from their website, but part two is only delivered after purchasing the software. It is very good material, in my opinion. I do not know what prompted the MTPredictor folks to raise the price as they have, but I admit that the trading course alone is a great "value-added" to their software.

As for the positionsizing.com software, as I said, the ATR stop can be found for free for just about any of the common charting platforms, and though I am not a programmer, a friend of mine easily added the position sizing calculator to an .efs for me back when I was still using e-signal. To charge almost $900 for it seems a bit outrageous. I'm sure some of the smart folks we have right here at TL could program a position sizing calculator for Ninjatrader, Multichart, Tradestation, etc. and so on.

Best Wishes,

Thales

Steve Griffiths runs a good shop at MTP. I am not a programmer, and I had no problem paying (if memory serves) about $1200 for the software a bunch of years ago. Today, at $2500/copy, I'd pass. If he'd drop the price back to $1400-$1500, I'd recommend the software to anyone, especially if one is interested in trading using EW and fibs. MTP also comes with a two part trading course. The first part I believe is free, and can be downloaded from their website, but part two is only delivered after purchasing the software. It is very good material, in my opinion. I do not know what prompted the MTPredictor folks to raise the price as they have, but I admit that the trading course alone is a great "value-added" to their software.

As for the positionsizing.com software, as I said, the ATR stop can be found for free for just about any of the common charting platforms, and though I am not a programmer, a friend of mine easily added the position sizing calculator to an .efs for me back when I was still using e-signal. To charge almost $900 for it seems a bit outrageous. I'm sure some of the smart folks we have right here at TL could program a position sizing calculator for Ninjatrader, Multichart, Tradestation, etc. and so on.

Best Wishes,

Thales

First off it sounds like you have an agenda of some sort. I bought positionsizer for $595 on sale from $695. Not 900 as you state. Go right ahead and program if you can find someone to do it.

As well Find me an AUTOMATIC ATR that manages my stop order at the broker by moving the order up while I am in the bathroom or whatever. Please find it for me and post the site here. Everytime the ATR price line moves my stop order is changed at the broker. You really post nonsense my friend!!!

API Programming cost $300 an hour and not $100 an hour like normal programming. Just go to FXCM if you want or need to verify the coding prices. I said. "OK, pay $595 for an order entry add-on that gets my order sized and filled at the broker so I am in the trade in less that 5 seconds is worth $595 to me. Especially since API coding cost $300 an hour!"

So thanks for telling me I got ripped off even though I did not. Kind my friend, Just makes you look bitter. Sorry you cannot afford $595 or $695. This post was about risk management. Not how much I paid for my software and then telling me I got ripped off.

I am out of here. Forums suck. Too many idoits!

The Pip Thief

As well Find me an AUTOMATIC ATR that manages my stop order at the broker by moving the order up while I am in the bathroom or whatever. Please find it for me and post the site here. Everytime the ATR price line moves my stop order is changed at the broker. You really post nonsense my friend!!!

No need to get testy and run off like a little girl because your feelings got hurt. ;)

With a little work you can program this yourself in platforms such as Sierra Charts, and save yourself some money.

Yes, what do you want to see? Why are the pics not clear? I will post one on Monday just tell me what you want to see. I am moving this weekend and I want the market to be open cause its cooler.

The Pip Thief

thanks for the offer...

I don't have anything particular in mind.

I asked, because you are so enthusiastic about what you are doing...

and words just do not do justice to all the analysis and actions you were taking.

I think any short snippet would be an eye opener.

First off it sounds like you have an agenda of some sort. I bought positionsizer for $595 on sale from $695. Not 900 as you state. Go right ahead and program if you can find someone to do it.

Yes, I am full of agendas. That's why I started a thread titled "Position Sizing Software" to tout the benefits of a specific software available at positionsizer.com. Oh, wait, that was you.

As to the cost, I overstated it by $110 ($695 + $95), so shoot me. If I had hit the "8" rather than the "9" would you still be upset?

So thanks for telling me I got ripped off even though I did not. Kind my friend, Just makes you look bitter. Sorry you cannot afford $595 or $695. This post was about risk management. Not how much I paid for my software and then telling me I got ripped off.

I am out of here. Forums suck. Too many idoits!

The Pip Thief

You really didn't read my posts, did you? Bitter? I'm not bitter at all. What is there here for me to be bitter about? I never said you got ripped off. I merely suggested that if someone were going to pay what positionsizer.com was charging, that they might consider paying the extra $1600 and get MTPredictor (which I also feel is overpriced).

I do suspect that you have an interest in positionsizer.com beyond that of a mere customer, and your behavior here this afternoon would seem to support that suspicion. As I said in my first post, I may be wrong. But your own behavior seems to support rather than undermine that suspicion. The specific behavior in question I refer to is your ranting about the $110 discrepancy between what I quoted as the cost and the actual cost per your company's website, as well as your ad hominem attack on me (e.g. "sorry you cannot afford...," "you have an agenda of some sort," "makes you look bitter.") All of which makes you sound like a vendor. Again, I may be wrong, but you sound like a vendor or a paid shill.

Best Wishes,

Thales

No need to get testy and run off like a little girl because your feelings got hurt. ;)

With a little work you can program this yourself in platforms such as Sierra Charts, and save yourself some money.

Not to mention some people just program for fun. (others of course would rather have thier fingernails pulled out with pliers).

PT of course it is up to you whether you post or not but I would not be deterred just because someone is sceptical. Nine times out of ten when a person comes on to a forum and enthuses about software it is because they are the vendor. Simple as that. It is natural for people to be a bit cautious. Anyway Hope you change you mind.

Regardless of his "secret intentions" this thread was 100x's better before the pissing match was started and continually provoked.

Either there is valid and interesting information being shared or their isn't, and in this case there was, and now no longer isn't.