Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

paolfili

What is the Most "indipendent" Market?

What is in your opinion the electronic instrument where is less present

"arbitrage" activity?

ex. ES may be arbitraged by "Big" SP traders.Currency Futures may be arbitraged by "Spot Market" orders,etc....

Thanks

What is in your opinion the electronic instrument where is less present "arbitrage" activity?

In order to give a somewhat deeper answer and avoid misunderstanding of the question would you like to state what's the reason you are looking for a market with less arbitration?

In these days of electronic markets and still growing financial products there are arbitrage possibilities for pretty much everything and they are widely used.

Oil or Grains - both do their own thing.

Nope.

Oil:

Futures:

Nymex CL (crude light), HO (heating oil)

ICE: BRN (brent), WBS (wti crude), GAS (gasoline)

ETFs:

USO, OIL, DBC and others

also some arbing with natural gas futures.

Grains (less than the energy products):

Futures:

ZS (soy) ZM (soy meal) and between the various grains

ETFs:

DBA, MOO (some more I forgot)

also moving the big companies like POT, MOS

Furthermore any form of energy futures shows high synchronization with currencies and index futures (look at some major turning points in the indices - will find them in the energy futures at the same time, often to the minute).

Nope.

Oil:

Futures:

ETFs:

USO, OIL, DBC and others

Futures:

ETFs:

Furthermore any form of energy futures shows high synchronization with currencies and index futures (look at some major turning points in the indices - will find them in the energy futures at the same time, often to the minute).

Really? Let's see examples showing this w/in 60 seconds of occurring on multiple markets please. Thanks.

Guess you got it all figured out.

Join me over in the p/l thread and let's see how smart you are. B/c if it's as easy as you are trying to imply, you should be rather wealthy from this extraordinary knowledge...

Really? Let's see examples showing this w/in 60 seconds of occurring on multiple markets please. Thanks.

Guess you got it all figured out.

Join me over in the p/l thread and let's see how smart you are. B/c if it's as easy as you are trying to imply, you should be rather wealthy from this extraordinary knowledge...

Good one bf.

Where is Urmablume when we really need him?:rofl:

I' m looking for an electronic symbol where the buyers/sellers cannot send wrong signals to the market buying on one side (ex. electronic) and selling more on the other.

In order to give a somewhat deeper answer and avoid misunderstanding of the question would you like to state what's the reason you are looking for a market with less arbitration?

In these days of electronic markets and still growing financial products there are arbitrage possibilities for pretty much everything and they are widely used.

Nope.

Oil:

Futures:

ETFs:

USO, OIL, DBC and others

Futures:

ETFs:

"I' m looking for an electronic symbol where the buyers/sellers cannot send wrong signals to the market buying on one side (ex. electronic) and selling more on the other. "

Hi, it seems what you are looking for then is a market that has the MOST traders who arbitrage? That way the price is the "fairest" it can be - the most efficient market?

If you are looking for uncorrelated markets then (apart from 2008) you will have to look at different time frames and different products - eg; grains, oil, bonds, equities.

But this really becomes largely only relevant from a portfolio point of view.

(as I think that at times both the above points of view are correct)

The most independent/efficient markets would have to be those with the most independent players - whilst also having the exchange rules to prevent market abuse. This consists not just of insider trading but also window dressing (whereby end of day, end of month prices are pushed around to look good ) or fake orders (whereby people put an order to buy 1000, just below the market trying to get people to think there are buyers there, when they are actually sellers)

My guess is that the FX and bonds are the place to go.