Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

VTK

TradeStation Vs Esignal

Hi peeps...

Soon i will need to get rid of mine Sierra charts and choose between Tradestation and Esignal as charting solutions.

Is there anyone who has used both charting packages and can tell me is there any significant difference between those two softwares?

Thanx!

Best,

VTK

in all honesty i would have to say that when it comes to charting they are equally as good as each other. i have used both before and now i am back to using esignal. i think that it really comes down to you preference. if you are all about indicators, custom indicators as well as writing programs and back testing than tradestation will be the better bet. but if all you need are great charts than esignal will more than do. it will also be cheaper to use esignal. for tradestation you have to pay $250 a month for the software plus all exchange fees. esignal will prob save you at least $100 - $150 a month.

one thing i really like about esignal is that you can open as many desktops as you want like tradestation but you can also free float the charts from the desktop and put them anywhere you want outside of the dock.

ask for a free month trial of esignal. they are cool with giving them out.

....it will also be cheaper to use esignal. for tradestation you have to pay $250 a month for the software plus all exchange fees. esignal will prob save you at least $100 - $150 a month.

Have seen that esignal is cheaper about 100$ if compared to tradestation..That is reason why i have started this thread.

Basically i need just MAs and horizontal lines and that is what every charting software have.

So really it is just about data quality and maybe few little things like overlaying charts and continuous contract charts which can be done in TS.

johnjamesjude,have you been pleased with quality of data with both of them?

Tams,mon..no need to get philosofical on such simple matter

Think you would agree that when it comes to charting software we all wanna 2 basic things;good TA tools and quality of data feed.

What i have exactly meant to ask,is there any significant difference between esignal and TS when it comes to TA tools and quality of data;)

Anyway guys,thanx for reply!

Best,

VTK

If you have a brokerage account with TS, the software is free if you do about 10 round turns of futures per month, just pay exchange fees of $30 to $100, depending what you are trading.

Multicharts and Ninjatrader are also good alternatives if you have a datafeed from a broker or third party. Ninjatrader is free for charting and simulation.

Edited by thrunner

actually one thing i hated about tradestation was that sometimes the data on the candle charts would get messed up. like you would load up a chart and might be missing x amount of candle and if you were trying to do VSA, it would get frustrating. i have never had an issue with esignal's data. also i have had issues with trading with tradestation before and they didn't come good on either case, hence why i am not with tradestation anymore.

i hope this helps better than my other post