Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Lopen

Gold Traders: Where Is Gold Headed?

Wanted to ask a few questions about gold. I have been looking at this for quite some time now. I am curious to know what type of fundamentals move gold and if gold is better for swing trading and not intraday trading?

What type of traders are behind this contract? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

What types of traders?

All kinds, syndicates, floor traders, speculators, hedgers, tip takers, etc.

I have no clue what fundamentals moves gold but if you're wrong, you're gonna have to offset your position with an opposite order which adds fuel to the fire of the direction.

If you can stomach the moves, gold is a pretty good product to trade intraday or swing.

Gold is inversely related to the USD. Gold up USD should be down, etc.

Gold generally moves up as USD moves down (because gold is priced in USD) and also gold moves up as oil moves up. So the fundamentals that move oil and the USD also move gold.

gold is going up

of course, i have a LONG time frame. i started accumulating gold in 1999. i continue to buy dips and pare off some on thrusts upward

it is by most metrics, CHEAP still

Very nice, dalby. Yeah, I agree things are bullish while the USD is helping its cause. How about silver? Any thoughts on this? Any correlations with other commodities?

NEWBIE-TRADER-GOLD-WEEKLY.gif

i don't think the case for silver is as strong as the case for gold. this does NOT mean that i think silver won't go up concurrently with gold, it just means i don't see it as the longterm store of value/capital appreciation/hedge vehicle that i see gold being

i do own both

silver is, on average, more volatile than gold, which arguably makes it a better trading vehicle, depending on your style.

Silver has more industrial uses like photography, electronics and medicine. It's so volatile because it's heavily manipulated by a few large players. The same is true to a lesser extent of gold. With gold you're playing games with central banks and hedge funds who can drive prices up and down at will.

Can you please tell me where I can find daily price information on the GOLD?

For example, i would love to see a place that has O,H, L, C, Daily Fibs, Daily & Weekly Pivots, and any other commentary such as Market Profile.

thx in advance everyone!

Joe

If you want to trade gold on Fundamentals then it is very Difficult for you....you should keep an eye on US Data and fundamentals..because gold trade against USD so if USD goes down it will goes Up or Bullish..if Dollar index Rise then it will Goes Down or Bearish...

As we all know that Gold is a hot Product so if we wanna trade in it we need to know about a simple rule..which is "Demand and Supply" .all commodities depend on this.

U.S. jobless claims, which fell 2,000 to 351,000 in the latest week, were viewed as another sign the US labor market may be on the mend. The US dollar is strengthening today, euro and yen dropping. Gold is down. DJIA up big time, will it go any higher. These to me are all signs the Dow Jones is going to go higher still. Does anyone share or dispute my view? I'd love to know what people think as I'm betting large sums at marketsworld.com for the end of the day on the Dow going higher. Am I nuts?

Something is definately brewing with Gold....the monthly chart has formed a near-symmetrical triangle....typically this pattern is indictive of consolidation...and once it plays out....the prior trend (in the case of Gold, an uptrend since late 2008) will resume....that said, anything could happen...it could fall bigtime....or, it could go up bigtime....either way, something BIG is about to take place over the next few months....

GoldMonthly.PNG.1721bfd2335454f40867ad62770303b5.PNG

Can you please tell me where I can find daily price information on the GOLD?

For example, i would love to see a place that has O,H, L, C, Daily Fibs, Daily & Weekly Pivots, and any other commentary such as Market Profile.

thx in advance everyone!

Joe

you can concern with:

Gold, Silver, Gold Price, Silver Price, Gold Rate, Gold News | Kitco

you can find all information and history there .

As we have seen that stocks continued mostly going up for the last couple of weeks. Gold bounced up and down...but held above $1,600. Most people would much rather have stocks than gold. Most of the time, they are probably right. Gold pays no dividends. Nor does it invent new things or open up new markets or any of the other things that make stocks go up.

And now, most people seem to think that there is a recovery underway...and that the authorities have everything under control. So who needs gold?

Last week, gold got a little boost when it became apparent that 1) Europe still faces huge and disturbing financial challenges, 2) governments are ready, willing and able to steal vast amounts of money from bank accounts, and 3) they are also preparing to put on capital controls to prevent you from moving your money to safety.

Ultra-low interest rate policies - enabled by central bank buying of government debt - keeps interest payments low, for now. But low interest rates don't stay low forever. And as Greece, Spain, Portugal and other borrowers have already discovered, Mr. Market can be a real pain in the derriere. When he insists on higher rates of interest - fearing that he may not be repaid as promised - state budgets get shot to hell. Then, like Cyprus, the feds get desperate for money. They will go after it wherever and however they must.

Which makes saving money dangerous as well as unrewarding. First, the feds suppress interest rates so you get no return on your savings. Then, when they get in a jam they Cyprus your savings directly.

That's just one of the reasons we keep our eye on gold. In my opinion, Gold will always move northwards in the long run and is a perfect hedge for the inflation.

GC, Comex,

Very interesting moment for gold. Put up a daily chart and you can see the support area around 1550 has broken badly, stops being annihilated on the way down to 1500.

I think there could imminently be a good buying opportunity, after the market has shaken out a tonne of weaker longs.

I'm looking out for signs of aggressive buyers around 1500 and below.

Gold Nosedives Below $1,500 As ETF Holdings Free Fall, Fueling Panic Selling

There is no end in sight to the gold ETF liquidation. Gold prices crumbled today falling $60, or 4%, to stand near $1,500 after briefly touching $1,492 -- the lowest level since July 2011. Since peaking in September 2011 above $1,921, gold prices have essentially been range-bound between $1,525 and $1,800. Today's move pushes gold out of that range. Thus, from a technical perspective, the yellow metal is considered to have "broken down."

A bounce in the dollar and firmer stocks are weighing on the yellow metal again.The $1350 level has been extraordinarily supportive, the end of stimulus could mean a break in equity markets. The money leaving the equity markets could move into gold. This would drive gold prices higher.

A bounce in the dollar and firmer stocks are weighing on the yellow metal again.The $1350 level has been extraordinarily supportive, the end of stimulus could mean a break in equity markets. The money leaving the equity markets could move into gold. This would drive gold prices higher.

Wow! The chance of what you suggest happening is very close to zero.