Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

cjstrader5

Chart Style Symbol Type Plots in Showme

Can anybody please help? I know that I am not alone in wanting to add different symbol type chart plots to my list in showme like arrows, triangles hollow or solid, etc. Like you see in most of the 3rd party addons products available for purchase. My problem is becoming a programer or a expert at easylangauge that is not so easy. Thanks in advance for your help.

Thanks Tams for the quick reply I have admired your work for for some time now. I have attached a screen shot with some notes on it hope this helps. Just in case you can not read the notes. I want to be able to ad code to different showme indicators so I can move the plot location to above or below the candle and not on top of as shown. I would also like ad both a hollow and solid arrowhead and triangles. And anything other symbol that can be coded and added to showme or indicators. If you go to the format analysis technique page, under the style tab, in the type box as shown.

attachment.php?attachmentid=15584&stc=1&d=1258677321

5aa70f63c6383_capturecrosstam.PNG.d1f74ed432dae3aeefc8a176132bbeb1.PNG

Edited by cjstrader5

thanks for the compliment.

I don't usually use ShowMe,

I found PLOT give me exactly what I want.

if you want to change the plot location,

or you can change the plot coordinate,

or add a new plot to the code.

e.g.

original code:

plot10( high, "maker");

you can modify it to

plot10( high, "maker");

plot11( high + 1 , "maker+1");

that would make the marker 1 point above the high.

Edited by Tams

Thanks Tam position works great. can you give me an example on how to use text_new? I have tried a few but it is not working for me. If you don't use showme, how do you write a indicator to plot a marker symbol above a candle formation like engulfing bullish pattern?

Thanks Tam position works great. can you give me an example on how to use text_new? I have tried a few but it is not working for me...

you have failed the first lesson...

you missed the words look up in post #5.

if you had looked up the keyword, you would have found clear and concise examples in the manual.

Edited by Tams

I looked it up ok just did not understand it. "Text_New(cDt,tTm,23,"Up") draws "Up" at 23 on cDt at tTm" now that I cut and pasted it, it does make more sense. I also looked it up on the help menu and found a variable that let me place text. Your positioning idea work well there also but I can't center the word under the candle. I am now looking alt keys for different symbols to use.