Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Soultrader

Bid-Ask Pressure Indicator for Tradestation

I know it can be done... i've been trying to do it after seeing almost the exact idea coded into an .eld from the folks at eotpro...

Seemed like a hugely impressive piece of information once you weeded out the small and medium sized traders and just stuck with the direction of the big fish.

I just don't know how to code it... and as of yet have been unable to find someone who could.

Cheers!

I can't seem to open this .eld file. I'm using Multicharts which should be same as Tradestation. Do you have in word format? Thanks.

Mike

You are winding me up ????????????????????????????????????????

just scroll up a few posts from yours..................................:o

Hi,

Sorry, forgot to mention that I tried the one that was on the thread but it didn't work. I thought maybe it was specially for TS 2000i and not compatible with Multicharts. If it's same as for current TS then it should've worked. Anyway, just checking if it was different. I'll try again. Thanks for the codes.

Mike

i copied the code into Easylanguage power editor but when i try and verify it it doesnt like the

'intrabarpersist MyCurrentBar(0),' code. it highlights MyCurrent bar

error message is word not recognised by Easylanguage. I am using 2000i. Could anyone please help with that.

I can't seem to open this .eld file. I'm using Multicharts which should be same as Tradestation. Do you have in word format? Thanks.

Mike

3 or 4 posts back its quoted in plain ascii text. Cut and paste that into MC's PLEditor.

there's seems to be some error in the script because when i compile in PLEditor and try to insert the study on the chart it says the study is not compiled so to check for errors and compile the study

Good idea spyro, Blu-Ray, can this be done? if it can, and if you have time, can you please change the code to reflect spyro reply?

If not no worries

Thanks

Hi Blu-ray,

Dont know if this helps with my question above?

currentcontracts is a reserved word

Value1 = currentcontracts;

My problem now is how to get this intergrated with the rest of the Bid/Ask indicator. Hope you can help us out.

Many thanks

Hi Blu-Ray

I went through the Tradestation forum, and I found this code, please correct me if I'm wrong, I think it dispalys contracts based on users input. Would you mind having a look at it , I've plotted it on my machine, and I think it might do? But it would be better if it was like an oscillator, and color coding it i.e. green/red for buying / selling.

What do you think?

Thanks

Inputs: 
Level  (25); 

Variables: 
VolQty  (0); 

if BarType >= 2 then begin 
if Volume >= Level then VolQty = Volume; 
if Volume < Level then VolQty = 0; 
end else begin 
if Ticks >= Level then VolQty = Ticks; 
if Ticks < Level then VolQty = 0; 
end;	  

Plot1( VolQty, "Volume" )

Edited by theman

Hi Blu-Ray

I went through the Tradestation forum, and I found this code, please correct me if I'm wrong, I think it dispalys contracts based on users input. Would you mind having a look at it , I've plotted it on my machine, and I think it might do? But it would be better if it was like an oscillator, and color coding it i.e. green/red for buying / selling.

What do you think?

Thanks

Inputs: 
Level  (25); 

Variables: 
VolQty  (0); 

if BarType >= 2 then begin 
if Volume >= Level then VolQty = Volume; 
if Volume < Level then VolQty = 0; 
end else begin 
if Ticks >= Level then VolQty = Ticks; 
if Ticks < Level then VolQty = 0; 
end;	  

Plot1( VolQty, "Volume" )

Hi theman

That code won't do the trick, basically what that code is doing is showing volume over 25 for the whole bar, if the volume for the whole bar is less than 25 it will plot 0.

I know how to code it up, but have been struggling for time a little bit lately, I'll hopefully get around to doing it at the weekend.

Cheers

Blu-Ray

blu

just little another thing

if you can and if it not so hard to make the bars fat or thin if it for example more or less then 100 contracts so we can see if it push up hard or low

thanks

blu

just little another thing

if you can and if it not so hard to make the bars fat or thin if it for example more or less then 100 contracts so we can see if it push up hard or low

thanks

Sorry, I don't get what you're trying to portray, as we'll just be showing contracts over 100 anyway.

Cheers

Blu-Ray

I think spyro is bascially saying the following:

This is from e otpro's site:

The size of the dot tells you how much volume is in that particular bar, relative to the last 3 half-cycles. So, a large dot means greater than average volume is flowing into the bar for that type of trade. A tiny dot means not much volume.

It was important to split out the dot sizes, because… say you have a big push down from the large traders, and then the dots start drifting back towards the zero line. That drift up could be happening because they are buying, but it could also be happening because they aren’t doing anything. If no volume prints for their size, the dots will tend toward zero from wherever they are. I wanted to differentiate action from non-action. It’s working well to do so, today.

And this is the image (its the bottom indicator)

splatter1-300x209.jpg

Just curious... BidAsk, huh.. realtime... As I understand this it only takes the bidsize and asksize, not the actually trades.

How can this be interesting? What about hidden orders? And what about bids coming and going just to tease or trick the ask-side, viceversa.

Just curious... BidAsk, huh.. realtime... As I understand this it only takes the bidsize and asksize, not the actually trades.

How can this be interesting? What about hidden orders? And what about bids coming and going just to tease or trick the ask-side, viceversa.

No it takes actual trades. It compares volume traded @ bid against volume traded @ ask. Aggressive sellers vs aggressive buyers.

Marketdelta.com & Investor RT are the sites to go to find out more.

So it's a sort of the volume/ tick delta indicator? And what's the difference then?

And may I then ask why it doesn't work at historic data?

The reason for my questions, is that I'm currently working at something similar (maybe) :)

Yes, as far as I can tell its is a volume delta that has been smoothed with an ema (maybe double smoothed?).

The problem with getting it to work with historic data is if you are using say minute bars you would need to build these with tick by tick data for bid ask and trade data to build the delta. Neoticker allows this I believe and Ninja are promising something like this for version 7. Investor RT can probably cope with it somehow but not sure of the details as I have never used it.