Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Dinerotrader

Interesting Charts for Technical Trades

Quick follow-up on my post on RIG which was being discussed here from last week....the short on my 60 minute chart from $68 remains open, target is down to the $54 level so it is really getting pretty close now -- would be a time to drop a trailing stop probably just above $65. On the 130 minute chart that I like as well, bigger moves, short from $66 with a target at the $53 level -- probably would pull trailing stop down to about $69 on that one -- needs more room.

Quick follow-up on my post on RIG which was being discussed here from last week....the short on my 60 minute chart from $68 remains open, target is down to the $54 level so it is really getting pretty close now -- would be a time to drop a trailing stop probably just above $65. On the 130 minute chart that I like as well, bigger moves, short from $66 with a target at the $53 level -- probably would pull trailing stop down to about $69 on that one -- needs more room.

Please post a chart if possible so we can see what you are saying. Thanks.

Sure no problem. See charts just below - in both cases targets just hit, about a $15 move on the 60 minute chart, where I'd lower trailing stop to 61.37 since unlikely it's going to reach stretch target 2 (they are big due to gap on 4/30) and if basing off of 130 minute chart about a $14 move with a trailer at 63.37 for now.....though given the size of the moves in both cases I'd probably just take it and run since normally on this stock the moves are $3 - $7 so it's an unusual one.

attachment.php?attachmentid=21150&stc=1&d=1274807808

attachment.php?attachmentid=21151&stc=1&d=1274807808

rig60.thumb.jpg.3c4fd7305c4d52dc849cd7a7e5736422.jpg

RIG130.thumb.jpg.b6560136c341d9aa4ec9eae14313d543.jpg

GKK

This is one I watch because it moves enough to make trades interesting and I've made money on it several times before. I'm looking at a possible trendline break now that price has reached a support level it made on the "computer glitch" crash a few weeks ago.

attachment.php?attachmentid=21279&stc=1&d=1275521573

attachment.php?attachmentid=21280&stc=1&d=1275521573

5aa7100e7818b_6-2-201012.thumb.png.d686b20bbc8ecb7b3cc0b94ceda86ff5.png

5aa7100e7fcb5_6-2-201013.thumb.png.a4f67920ed41ca217afc700c606d34a7.png

I'm in at 1.51. Little risky entry than I wanted but couldn't wait around on this today. Initial stop is at 1.29.

Had to exit because ES started breaking down after testing resistance. I'll be watching for another entry.

Well, I thought we might be headed for a good move up today after the morning move on the ES but the bears are still in control. It is getting boring being in cash in my retirement accounts but just have to wait for the long setups for now.

attachment.php?attachmentid=21394&stc=1&d=1276120706

5aa71011cb1c4_6-9-201015.thumb.png.825ab9397fa5540a3721cba0adb86710.png

These days I honestly feel my short-term daytrading is a lot easier than trying to game the long-term for investment purposes. Every time it seems to want to get going it does seem to get overloaded on the sell side. Like you waiting for that opportunity on the longer term horizon stuff but still not feeling it - in the meantime the short term stuff is providing opportunity.

These days I honestly feel my short-term daytrading is a lot easier than trying to game the long-term for investment purposes. Every time it seems to want to get going it does seem to get overloaded on the sell side. Like you waiting for that opportunity on the longer term horizon stuff but still not feeling it - in the meantime the short term stuff is providing opportunity.

I barely have time to deal with my stock trading so I limit myself to only taking long positions. I just sit on the sidelines when there is no reasonable up trend in place.

DNN

I finally got in this one at 1.35. We'll see if we can get a good jump out of it tomorrow or early next week. If the ES breaks down though, I'll probably dump it.

Got out at B/E. Just wasn't showing the momentum I expected and ES started looking bearish.

........... and ES started looking bearish.
Think that was good move. ES might have been being pressured by Euro weakness/Dollar strength??

Oh and also that ES hit this morning the 61.8% move down from 5/13/10 and 50% of move down from 4/26/10.

oh cool! a thread where folks are calling trades in real time. and for a second i thought everyone just made imaginary trades in hindsight. lol. and lookie here, worden charts, my favorite for stocks. lol. this is great. imma have to participate and throw some eod stock trades out there.

here we go, a penny stock! how much fun is that? this one looks like it is waking up.

rpc.png.3fe42bf3e836d3e21ccbede153471624.png

oh cool! a thread where folks are calling trades in real time. and for a second i thought everyone just made imaginary trades in hindsight. lol. and lookie here, worden charts, my favorite for stocks. lol. this is great. imma have to participate and throw some eod stock trades out there.

here we go, a penny stock! how much fun is that? this one looks like it is waking up.

And what exactly is your 'real-time' call?

Entry price:

Stop price:

Profit target(s):

Just saying 'it's waking up' is not a real-time call.

The point of the thread is to post a chart with annotations of a stock that appears to be setting up for a possible trade before the trade takes place. Stock price doesn't matter much to me but volatility does. I watch quite a few stocks with low prices (penny stocks) which were much higher priced before the housing crash because many of them experience large moves on a regular basis. I hardly even look at pharma stocks like RPC that you suggested because their moves are often too dependent on news events and I am primarily a technical trader and I am never aware of news events and such related to the companies I trade.

huh? did this place turn into hell over the last year or what? strange.

anyways browns the risk was the bar so its about 20 cents. if thats legit buying it shouldn't close below the low of that bar.

this has become a really strange place. i think i'm done with trading forums all together. good luck all and.... well.... don't forget to take your prozac in the morning.

It's been along time coming too! I entered at 9.18 when price broke thru the 200ma on the 60minute. ...Granted the stochastics are high there, and on the daily too, but the real motivator was the weekly chart...last weeks sideways consolidation with todays action not only broke the same downtrend line as you illustrated, but the weekly as well... the Stos are bottom crossed and the Chaikin crossed zero as well...looks very bullish from here...

If it does dip, I'd expect it to possibly test the 200/60...look for that...or perhaps slope the 60Sto and look for a pivot there...

Those are my arguments fwiw...good luck!

It's been along time coming too! I entered at 9.18 when price broke thru the 200ma on the 60minute. ...Granted the stochastics are high there, and on the daily too, but the real motivator was the weekly chart...last weeks sideways consolidation with todays action not only broke the same downtrend line as you illustrated, but the weekly as well... the Stos are bottom crossed and the Chaikin crossed zero as well...looks very bullish from here...

If it does dip, I'd expect it to possibly test the 200/60...look for that...or perhaps slope the 60Sto and look for a pivot there...

Those are my arguments fwiw...good luck!

Sorry...I should have used the quote function...this message was in reply to Dinerotrader's AONE post...

URI...Don't know if this will hold...it's a mid-channel support play with some consolidation at whole number...

urih.png

Edited by PerqL8
added ticker