Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

torero

How to post a chart properly

Hi All,

If you're like me who prefer to view the charts directly on the post instead of wasting extra time to open another window or application to view an attachment from other members. Here's some instructions to help you post them so it can be easily seen. Help each do this to make the posting and reading experience much easier and nicer to do.

Here are the instructions:

1) First upload your chart to the TL server. The button is located below the Text Box Editor, where "RapidShare" is seen. A window will pop up, this is where you upload your image file.

attachment.php?attachmentid=276&stc=1&d=1163773660

2) When upload is finished, close the window, and you're back to main browser again. Now, this is IMPORTANT, follow the images closely. Hover over to the recently uploaded file and right click your mouse to "Copy shortcut" or "Copy Link Location" if you're using Firefox.

attachment.php?attachmentid=277&stc=1&d=1163773660

3) Back to the Text Box Editor, click on this image button insertimage.gif and a small dialog box will pop up, paste the shortcut into the box and 'OK'. See image below.

attachment.php?attachmentid=278&stc=1&d=1163773660

Now you can finish your post with text or Submit. Voila! :cool:

1-post-chart-TL.gif.af414e793667fb9885b40bc1fc8246e1.gif

2-post-chart-TL.gif.4d537c4ecf272c248d8c2fa97d5c5b31.gif

4-post-chart-TL.gif.ecc9af5b950bb3bf1f3ba5f9b2c73b6f.gif

I don't see where I can attach images, the layout of the forum seems to have changed since your post. Any help would be appreciated.

http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/397/attachvm4.jpg

On an unrelated note I can't find where I can edit my signature...

This is the attachment button: attach.gif

It is not available on the quick reply so you will need to use the Post Reply button. As for signatures they are only available for premium members in order to avoid spam links. Thanks

This is the attachment button: attach.gif

It is not available on the quick reply so you will need to use the Post Reply button. As for signatures they are only available for premium members in order to avoid spam links. Thanks

I must have misread the instructions. I see how it works now.

Thanks for the reply.

This steps I advised others to use were so the users can see the entire chart without the small thumbnail or attachments. Personally, I'd rather see a chart accompanied by the post than having to click on the chart to open a new windows, etc. I do this to save time for others who read the post.

Guest cooter
Get yourself a copy of snagit from http://www.techsmith.com. You can then do a screen or window capture and post it.

Or just "Alt+PrintScreen" to capture the active window, then "Ctrl+V" to paste it into your favorite image software. Save it as a .png, or .jpg, or .gif, and you're good to go.

johngalt.jpg

my saved Sierra charts have a .cht extention. how can i upload those so they are viewable?

There is an option in Sierra to save the screen image as a jpg. I can't remember exactly how. Just look at the menus for something like "Save as image".

LOL.

The Sierra Chart post was in 2007 and then we get a new poster, two and a half years late to plug another product - with two posts. Hopefully thats the last we'll hear from them.

Thats really true, A GREED is very bad in forex. Be satisfied with what you get at that proper time of trading:yahoo: or trust your broker's tutorial as I do sometime if I am confused for that particular moment. I trust my broker SAXFx alot in this matter.:2c::helloooo: