Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

JEHs

Moving Stops in OEC Chart Trader

I'm wondering if there is a way to move stops together when chart trading with OEC charts. When I enter an order that uses a strategy with two brackets enabled, my order gets filled and I have automatically two stops in place. As price moves and before it hits my first profit, (taking one of the brackets off the table), I need to move these stops, sometimes just a tick at a time. It is a tedious process as the chart is moving and easy to drop the position on the wrong line... and then I have to do the other one. I can only imagine if I had three brackets in play. I would think there would be a way to move these orders simultaneously.

If I remember right, Ninja has it so I just click on the new position and the order moves. The orders are together, so just one click. In OEC the orders are separate and I have to grab them one at a time, pick them up and drop them in the new place.

Hopefully there is a simple solution and I am just missing something obvious, (as is often the case with me).

Maybe a fan of a "less than stellar" football team can help me out here,:) (I am a Vikings fan, but only a fair weather fan, which we seem to be having this year so far).

Thanks,

JH

I did not figure that out too on the chart, I just thought it was not able to

Working with the DOM is the way. I Forgot about the DOM when I started entering my orders on the charts. I can still enter the order on the chart and then move to the DOM to move the stops both at the same time with a little more surety. Moving them on the chart, together, as I said earlier, is just a bit tedious. Once I am down to my final bracket, I go back to moving the remaining stop on the charts. It is not as slick as Ninja, but it doesn't make my machine smoke either.

JH