Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

flyingdutchmen

Array_GetMaxIndex + Array_SetMaxIndex

i have recently installed the old version of TradeStation, the 2000i and i am not able

to find both functions/reserved words

Array_GetMaxIndex

Array_SetMaxIndex

they do not seem to be a reserved word or function in this version of TradeStation.

i would apreciate it if anyone here could post both functions as text or let me know

if there is another way to reduce the number of index places inside an array after they

have been verified. i could program the Array_GetMaxIndex myself but i am not sure how

to handle the other one

how to get around it and still be able to increase or decrease the amount of indexplaces

inside an existing array,

is my observation correct that they did not exist yet in ts2ki version?

it does have the functions NthHighest_A and others but i am trying to find

the place where the second largest or N-largest number is stored inside an existing array

not the number itself but the indexplace.

does this TS version have any other way to find the amount of values stored in an

array?

lets say i have an array which has stored 50 values, then i am using NthHighestArray( MyArray, 50, 3 ) to find

the 3th highest number in that array.this 3th highest number i would like to change in another number, therefore i do need to know the

place where this 3th highest number is stored in order to be able to change it.

Edited by flyingdutchmen

depending on your time value of money...

MultiCharts might be cheaper

or is it the money value of your time :missy:

another platform is not an option, i am not here to discuss what software to use but rather

to find out how to solve this in this old ts version.

i have used another easy language compatible software which i am not using anymore for various reasons up till last month and this was a pretty easy task,

i find it hard to believe it cant be done even in an older version of tradestation.

if you do not see another way how i could do what i would like to do in this version of

ts just let me know.

Edited by flyingdutchmen

another platform is not an option, if you do not see another way how i could do what i would like to do in this version of

TS just let me know.

I guess if you really try... GV might help.

otherwise hashnum or pushpop?

tought i keep you updated.

i have found solutions for both isues, finding out where exactly the n-highest

or n-lowest value is stored wasnt to hard.i have codet an function to do the work.

no need for multi-charts or any other software ;)

i now am able to change the N-highest value within an array

MyArray[ IndexOfNHighestArray( MyArray, N, ArraySize ) ] = anything;

i believe i even found a tricky way to decrease or increase the indices within an

existing array, this one i am still working on.

if there is any interest from other 2000i users i will post the scripts later on

hi dutchmen,

can I ask you where you figured out these reserved words, I am looking for some kind of a good reference (or ideally a full tutorial) for 'arrays in easylanguage' and don't know where to go?

sure,

i meself couldnt emagine any script anymore without using a couple of arrays,

they just seem to make life easier once you have a feeling for them. i use tradestation

for the first time.in my old software they where called "vectors" amd werent as easy to

use once you would like to fill a array with a certain value; hence the reason for testing

tradestation now.

here a pdf file,

type in "array" and let it guide yo trough all the examples

https://www.tradestation.com/support/books/pdf/EL_FunctionsAndReservedWords_Ref.pdf

if you consider yourself a rooky, try looking on this webpage tutorial nr.7

http://www.markplex.com/tutorials.php

Hallo flyingdutchman,

I am very interested in your TradeStation2000i solution for the array functions: Array_GetMaxIndex + Array_SetMaxIndex.

Can you please post them on the forum or send them to me by e-mail?

Thank you very much in advance.

Chuck32