Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

aaa

Which Language to Use for Global Variable ?

How extensive is your knowledge of Visual Basic

I realize here that choosing a specific language is complex

I have no knowledge of any language except 1.5 Y of EasyLanguage

I am aware that it is a difficult task

VB would be as more as difficult to programm a dll as C++ but not impossible ?

What about these ones ?

C

C++,

Delphi,

PowerBASIC®.

C#

Microsoft Visual Studio

MOST people who use GlobalVariable DO NOT write their own DLL.

There are a lot of routines around.

May be for my project we don't need a dll only send a value to an ascii txt readen by th GV ?

But Before I would like to know if it is possible to move in RealTime with a slider an avg (or any variable value) in MC with an external program ?

If it is not I'll stop my project of course

VB would be as more as difficult to programm a dll as C++ but not impossible?
No, it's not impossible. My needs required access to Win32 APIs and using C++ was straight forward. As I mentioned above, if you use VB, a little extra coding is needed. VB Developer Kits exist just for this type of work but its possible to do yourself. Also, looks like your main app will require some GUI coding which can be accomplished easier in VB. I think you need additional research. The Express Editions are free so take a look at both.

MOST people who use GlobalVariable DO NOT write their own DLL.
True. GV, EL Collections, etc.are useful extensions to EL. Someone who needs a DLL usually need data access/manipulations beyond the scope of these tools such as direct access to broker data.

May be for my project we don't need a dll only send a value to an ascii txt readen by the GV ?
EL Collections allows the reading of .csv files. I never used GV. so not sure there. Take a look.

But Before I would like to know if it is possible to move in RealTime with a slider an avg (or any variable value) in MC with an external program?
Yeah, it can be done but there is some complexity here and you are starting pretty green. Try starting here.

Edited by ochie

But Before I would like to know if it is possible to move in RealTime with a slider an avg (or any variable value) in MC with an external program?

Yeah, it can be done but there is some complexity here and you are starting pretty green. Try starting here.

I'm pale green dear Ochie !!

you are right the ratio Time/result is too low and it will be less time for me to studie Trading

I've bought a book of VB and it could be interesting to build some easy programm

A slider looks to be OK

I use MacroExpress and VB is an interesting alternative

I don't use ADE because the bar must be ended before ADE sends the info = no way !

Question

in a 30 mn charts should we have to wait teh end of the bar to see the action of the move of the slider ?

Is my graph OK ?

attachment.php?attachmentid=14958&stc=1&d=1257587646

Snap1.jpg.a789c577c085e7f9d138146ce0aac260.jpg

Edited by aaa

No. You should not have to wait if the idea is to import a value from the csv file and use that in place of the "Input:" field normally used to set parameters. Then it should update on every tick if that box is checked on the properties page.

And on the graph replace the "ADE" with the method you will use to import the csv values. As mentioned, you might look into ELCollections for this task.

No. You should not have to wait if the idea is to import a value from the csv file and use that in place of the "Input:" field normally used to set parameters. Then it should update on every tick if that box is checked on the properties page.

ThanX ochie

This was the last and more important question and your answer is perfectly clear

Now I can try to do it

I want to thank all the nice personns whose help me here to clear my ideas

aaa

PS Any suggestions are overwelcomed !