Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Soultrader

Welcome to New Members

Welcome to TradersLaboratory!

This is a guide for all new members to explore the various functionality and features of the website. Traders Laboratory is an online community for traders to discuss and share information related to trading. Most members on TradersLaboratory are short term active traders and thus our focus on this website.

Website Categories

1. Forum - This section allows members to interact with other members through the discussion format
  2. Videos - This section allows members to upload and share videos and to interact in a multimedia format
  3. Reviews - This section allows members to post reviews of their brokers, softwares, trading books, etc...
  4. Blogs - This section allows members to establish their own blogs
  5. Chat - This section is dedicated for real-time interaction via a chat format. The chat room is usually busy during US market hours.
  6. Exchanges - This section lists global exchanges and the financial instruments offered
  7. Toolbox - A bunch of useful tools for traders
  8. Gift Shop - A webstore hosted by Cafe Press that provides TL gifts
  9. Charity - Our joint charity program with RoomtoRead to provide libraries and reading centers across developing nations

Registration Process

Activation Email

Upon registering with TradersLaboratory, an activation email is dispatched to activate your account. We do this to avoid spam bots from registering and posting. If you wish to post and interact with other members you must activate your account. If you have not received an activation mail, please check your spam and junk folders as it may be filtered in there. If not, please following this link to resend your activation email: http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/register.php?do=requestemail

Password Reset

If you have lost your password, please follow this link to have your password reset: http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/login.php?do=lostpw

Please note that we do not store individual passwords. Please do not ask for us to provide your password as this is unavailable to us. Simply follow the reset link and then change your password manually via USERCP.

Website Information and Contacts

We ask that all members respect one another and approach in a professional manner on TL. To view our forum guidelines please visit this link: http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/guidelines

We also have a simple video manual that goes over some of the functionality of the website. To view this manual, please follow this link: http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/manual/

Email contacts are listed below:

General support: support@traderslaboratory.com

Partnership: partners@traderslaboratory.com

Site Admin and Owner: jameslee@traderslaboratory.com

Please use the following emails to contact us for general inquiries regarding the website, account, abuse, violation of copyright laws, partnerships, feedbacks, etc...

New to forums? Where to Start?

If you are new to this community and would like to begin by introducing yourself, why not start at the Introduction forum? You can do so by following this link (make sure your account is activated): Post on the Introduction Forums

So you've already introduced yourself and would like to start asking trading questions? If you are new to trading, you can start by posting away in the Beginners Forum. Begin Posting Now!

If you are already familiar with the forum and the forum structure, please feel free to post away in various categories of the board.

Keep in Touch

For users with Firefox or Internet Explorer, we also provide a cool toolbar for members to stay connected with TradersLaboratory. This toolbar will be placed directly within your browser. It is 100% safe and we do not store any of your private information through this toolbar. As a matter of fact, this toolbar is provided by Conduit and not by TradersLaboratory.com. You can download this toolbar by following this link: http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/toolbar/

Recommended Threads for Beginners

There is an ongoing thread that lists recommended threads for beginners. You can view this list here: http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/f30/best-tl-2954.html

One of my personal favorites is by bootstrap titled, "I Look Back Now and Wonder". You can read this thread here: http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/f30/i-look-back-now-wonder-4014.html

Thank you and please enjoy your stay at TradersLaboratory!

Edited by TheNegotiator

Hello

I am new to the site, and I was just wondering if there's any where on the site I can get info on trading UK stocks?

Cheers

Brian

Brian - someone might argue that trading is trading, regardless of what market it is performed on. If that's the case, then the entire forum is at your disposal. If you want to talk UK specific stocks, I don't think you'll find much of that around here at this point.

Hello

I am new to the site, and I was just wondering if there's any where on the site I can get info on trading UK stocks?

Cheers

Brian

I know a few members are located in UK (or Europe)...

just look at the box on the right hand side of the post, you can see their location.

If you start a thread, I am sure it will get the ball rolling.

Brian - someone might argue that trading is trading, regardless of what market it is performed on. If that's the case, then the entire forum is at your disposal. If you want to talk UK specific stocks, I don't think you'll find much of that around here at this point.

Many thanks - I am mainly looking for FTSE 350 stocks to trade at the moment, using the Channel Breakout Strategy. I'm new to the theory and I was just looking for people that might be getting into similar trades so that I can check to see if the orders I place are based on sound technicals. By the way, how are the Browns doing this season (I am a Vikings fan, 34-20 I believe the score was in week 1...)

Cheers

Brian

Many thanks - I am mainly looking for FTSE 350 stocks to trade at the moment, using the Channel Breakout Strategy. I'm new to the theory and I was just looking for people that might be getting into similar trades so that I can check to see if the orders I place are based on sound technicals. By the way, how are the Browns doing this season (I am a Vikings fan, 34-20 I believe the score was in week 1...)

Cheers

Brian

If you want to talk trading strategy, that is all over this forum. Start a thread, post screenshots and off you go. Again, the instrument being traded is not important. You can post screenshots of the stocks you are trading and others might post other instruments. But if you want to get it going, then you need to start it.

PS

The Browns suck this year which a quick look @ espn.com would tell you that. So if you're just looking to take a shot, then you can place me on ignore and I won't offer my suggestions.

If you want to talk trading strategy, that is all over this forum. Start a thread, post screenshots and off you go. Again, the instrument being traded is not important. You can post screenshots of the stocks you are trading and others might post other instruments. But if you want to get it going, then you need to start it.

PS

The Browns suck this year which a quick look @ espn.com would tell you that. So if you're just looking to take a shot, then you can place me on ignore and I won't offer my suggestions.

Yes, I understand that thanks - my point was that I was just trying to find a peer group to discuss trades on the FTSE 350, but there looks like there's a lot of useful information on this site so I'll take a look and act on your suggestions if I need advice on specifics.

Sorry to touch a nerve with the Browns, it wasn't intended as a shot, just a bit of friendly banter. I wont mention the NFL again (especially after the Vikings loss today). Hope you don't feel offended and accept my apology.

Hi

I am new to trading. Would like to try day trading eventually but going to have to swing trade for while cause I have very little capital. Traded with IRA for a year or so and turned it over to be done professionally. Going to be reading and learning before I put a good lump sum into day trading.

Any good places with a glossary of terms anyone can recommend?

Hi

I am new to trading. Would like to try day trading eventually but going to have to swing trade for while cause I have very little capital. Traded with IRA for a year or so and turned it over to be done professionally. Going to be reading and learning before I put a good lump sum into day trading.

Any good places with a glossary of terms anyone can recommend?

Try investopedia. This should give you a good starting point.

New to the forum. I've had a Scottrade IRA account for 5 years, and the best I can say is that I learned how to not lose my money, But I have yet to make any significant profits tradeing.

I'm hoping to find some answers here.

Thanks

Bill

Welcome to TradersLaboratory!

This is a guide for all new members to explore the various functionality and features of the website. Traders Laboratory is an online community for traders to discuss and share information related to trading. Most members on TradersLaboratory are short term active traders and thus our focus on this website.

Website Categories

1. Forum - This section allows members to interact with other members through the discussion format
  2. Videos - This section allows members to upload and share videos and to interact in a multimedia format
  3. Reviews - This section allows members to post reviews of their brokers, softwares, trading books, etc...
  4. Blogs - This section allows members to establish their own blogs
  5. Chat - This section is dedicated for real-time interaction via a chat format. The chat room is usually busy during US market hours.
  6. Exchanges - This section lists global exchanges and the financial instruments offered
  7. Toolbox - A bunch of useful tools for traders
  8. Gift Shop - A webstore hosted by Cafe Press that provides TL gifts
  9. Charity - Our joint charity program with RoomtoRead to provide libraries and reading centers across developing nations

Registration Process

Activation Email

Upon registering with TradersLaboratory, an activation email is dispatched to activate your account. We do this to avoid spam bots from registering and posting. If you wish to post and interact with other members you must activate your account. If you have not received an activation mail, please check your spam and junk folders as it may be filtered in there. If not, please following this link to resend your activation email: http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/register.php?do=requestemail

Password Reset

If you have lost your password, please follow this link to have your password reset: Traders Laboratory - Professional Traders Community - Lost Password Recovery Form

Please note that we do not store individual passwords. Please do not ask for us to provide your password as this is unavailable to us. Simply follow the reset link and then change your password manually via USERCP.

Website Information and Contacts

We ask that all members respect one another and approach in a professional manner on TL. To view our forum guidelines please visit this link: Forum Guidelines

We also have a simple video manual that goes over some of the functionality of the website. To view this manual, please follow this link: Traders Laboratory Forum Manual

Email contacts are listed below:

General support: support@traderslaboratory.com

Partnership: partners@traderslaboratory.com

Site Admin and Owner: jameslee@traderslaboratory.com

Please use the following emails to contact us for general inquiries regarding the website, account, abuse, violation of copyright laws, partnerships, feedbacks, etc...

New to forums? Where to Start?

If you are new to this community and would like to begin by introducing yourself, why not start at the Introduction forum? You can do so by following this link (make sure your account is activated): Post on the Introduction Forums

So you've already introduced yourself and would like to start asking trading questions? If you are new to trading, you can start by posting away in the Beginners Forum. Begin Posting Now!

If you are already familiar with the forum and the forum structure, please feel free to post away in various categories of the board.

Keep in Touch

For users with Firefox or Internet Explorer, we also provide a cool toolbar for members to stay connected with TradersLaboratory. This toolbar will be placed directly within your browser. It is 100% safe and we do not store any of your private information through this toolbar. As a matter of fact, this toolbar is provided by Conduit and not by TradersLaboratory.com. You can download this toolbar by following this link: Stay Connected - TL! Toolbar

Recommended Threads for Beginners

There is an ongoing thread that lists recommended threads for beginners. You can view this list here: http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/f30/best-tl-2954.html

One of my personal favorites is by bootstrap titled, "I Look Back Now and Wonder". You can read this thread here: http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/f30/i-look-back-now-wonder-4014.html

Thank you and please enjoy your stay at TradersLaboratory!

Thanks for sharing. It's great

Hello everyone,

My name is Nick and I'm starting out trading with a mix of fundamental/technical analysis. I'm based in the UK but I would like to start trading on the US stock markets. I've been told it's much cheaper for beginners because of the way the broker fees are structured. Does anyone have any opinions on this? I saw Brian was looking to trade FTSE 350 - are you paying a flat fee per trade?

Thanks!

Nick,

Which markets are you looking to trade? Stocks? Futures? This will help in getting you info on the broker fees. You might want to check around to some different brokers to get a better feel for the fees. Here's a few that you might want to look into if you are looking into stocks and futures:

-Interactive Brokers

-Tradestation

-thinkorswim

-tdameritrade

Not saying these are the best or only options. Just a few of the popular names out there. They will all have the fees laid out on their websites.

Thanks cuttshot, helpful stuff! I'm looking to trade stocks. No plans for futures, options or anything like that right now. Want to keep it as basic and straightforward as possible! How did people do last week? Anyone else trading the NYSE or NASDAQ?

Hi my name is Eric Japlim.

I'm a newbie. I'm from Indonesia, but I go to and from US. I've been with this business (Forex) for 2 years now. I hope I could learn and share something worthwhile. C yah in the threads.. ;P

Advanced | Google

Guidelines | Manual | The Buzz

Home User CP User CP Edit Profile Edit Options Edit Signature Edit Avatar Private Messages Buddy List My Gallery Subscribed Threads Quick Links Today's Post Who's Online Member List Mark Forums Read Favorite Threads Content Filter Ignored Forums Ignored Threads Modify Ignore List Forum Videos Upload a Video Watch Videos Browse Channels My Profile My Video My Favorites My Playlist Reviews Blogs Blogs Main New Entries Search Blogs Chat Exchanges Toolbox Toolbar Derivatives Report Moneyshow Economic Calendar Webinar Archives World Clock TV & Radio Gift Shop Charity Info About Us Press Room FAQ Premium Membership Content Partners Advertise With Us Logout

Blogs

Your Blog

Recent Entries

Best Entries

Best Blogs

Blog List

Search Blogs

Traders Laboratory - Active Traders Community Traders Laboratory - Members List

certenotti's Profile

Welcome, certenotti.

1 Unread Post since your last visit.

Recent Activity - View All

You last visited: Today at 05:03 PM

Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 2.

Community Links

Pictures & Albums

Contacts & Friends

Members List

Show Threads Show Posts

Tag Search

Advanced Search

Find All Thanked Posts

Search Blogs

Tag Search

Advanced Search

Quick Links

Today's Posts

Mark Forums Read

Open Contacts Popup

User Control Panel

Edit Your Details

Edit Options

Miscellaneous

Private Messages

Subscribed Threads

Your Profile

Who's Online

Go to Page...

certenotti

certenotti Edit

Save

Customize Profile Send Message Last Activity: Today 05:57 PM

Current Activity: Viewing Thread Introduction for New Members

hello everybody,i am new on this fol,i knew this site in another trading forum.I am an appassionate of forex futures and stocks.this isn't my primary work but i love so much to trade,and one of my box dream is to becoming an appreciated trader ( i know that isn't so easy for a trader or a pseudo trader to become a big),i love to study this theme and i know that it's so hard to have ever gain, everybody want only gain and limited the loss.i have done two,three year of demo before coming to operated in real,actually i'm doing the forest contest 2010 in real and in demo,and i can swear that is so full of emotion.Iam conscious that for a woman it's more difficult,for a lot of reason,but i hope that in this fol (allowing time) i will talk with a patient trader that can understand my initial soul condition,and the difficult that i can meet.thank's anticipately ans sorry for some an eventually error