Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Tams

Favorite Trading Sayings / Quotes

In this business it's either kill or be killed, one minute you're up a half a million in soybeans, and the next .....boom you're kids don't go to college and they've repossessed your Bentley are you with me?

"Even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road"

Stephen Hawkin

It was predestined that they would look. Of those who get hit, it was predestined that they would not look.

My father always told me, "if everyone else jumped off a cliff, would you jump off a cliff?"

Therefore it is predestined that I try not to follow the herd.

We are programmed by our learning. Computer programs are predestined to follow their code and so are we.

Logic leads to some strange places.

It's not a question of enough, pal. It's a zero sum game, somebody wins, somebody loses. Money itself isn't lost or made, it's simply transferred from one perception to another.

Gordon Gekko

Most of the stuff in this post seems to be simply inspirational quotes or plain English advice. I prefer the ones with a bit of irony, sarcasm and wit. Some great ones I've heard.

Look around the table, if you can't spot the stooge, it's you.

The fastest way to a million dollars in the stock market is to start with two million.

There are two great times to sell airline stocks, day and night.

- Rob

In this business, you never stop learning.

Let me put it another way. If you stop learning, you're on your way to going out of business. Wall Street is a tough teacher but also a good teacher. If you have any weakness -- arrogance, laziness, stinginess, cowardice, procrastination -- the market will zero in on that weakness and make you pay dearly.

-- Richard Russell

In a society governed passively by free markets and free elections, organized greed always defeats disorganized democracy.

Organized democracy always defeats individual freedom.

In pizzeria

A forex guru (GURU) walks into a pizzeria to order a pizza. There the waiter (WAITER) asks him:

• WAITER: Should I cut it into six pieces or eight pieces?

• GURU: I'm feeling rather hungry right now. You'd better cut it into eight pieces.