Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Tams

Favorite Trading Sayings / Quotes

He is no longer managing other people's money next year, but is still in business.

given john w henry just closed his fund due to dwindling assets and returns, maybe people can predict the future! ;)

attachment.php?attachmentid=33487&stc=1&d=1355602281

What can be

asserted without evidence

can also be

dismissed without evidence

That was a great man.

A friend of mine used to say this sentence (adjust the English):

"1 thousand made it's like they were 2"

A few of my favourites

"See both sides, manage risk, don't chase reward, and remember that there's no shame in admitting it's hard; there's only shame in pretending it's not." - Todd Harrison

“No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again” - Buddha

“Have the patience to wait, the courage to get out and the integrity to follow your plan” - John Carter

"Being yourself is the foundation of happiness. Knowing yourself is the foundation of wisdom. Pushing yourself is the foundation of success. It is better to conquer yourself in these ways, than to win a hundred battles elsewhere in life"

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit" - Aristotle

"The next trade is the most important trade of your life" - Marty Schwartz

Can't agree with the last one, but I am certainly missing the context.

One trade should never matter that much, since the outcome is never guaranteed in a game of probabilities.

A few of my favourites

"See both sides, manage risk, don't chase reward, and remember that there's no shame in admitting it's hard; there's only shame in pretending it's not." - Todd Harrison

“No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again” - Buddha

“Have the patience to wait, the courage to get out and the integrity to follow your plan” - John Carter

"Being yourself is the foundation of happiness. Knowing yourself is the foundation of wisdom. Pushing yourself is the foundation of success. It is better to conquer yourself in these ways, than to win a hundred battles elsewhere in life"

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit" - Aristotle

Trading quote from a few of the traders I know

Buy as garbage sell as antique

No such thing as buy low sell high only buy high sell higher

Its not the entrance but the exit that's matter

size doest matter anymore , this is regards to HFT putting up sizes

A few of my favourites

Hummm, sounds like Marty just bet the farm on a Naked Leap. Whenever you reach the point where you think the outcome of any particular trade is important, it's time to dust off your resume.

attachment.php?attachmentid=34012&stc=1&d=1358230133

Wow, I like this quote.

So true, and if you do the same mistake twice there will be no place for success not only in forex but also in your life.

Thumb up for you Tams :yes sir:

Regards,

Angelnish

Hummm, sounds like Marty just bet the farm on a Naked Leap. Whenever you reach the point where you think the outcome of any particular trade is important, it's time to dust off your resume.

I think the point of his quote is that you should look forward and not backwards.

If your last trade was a losing trade, don't beat yourself up because of that. Move on and don't let emotions cloud your judgement.

If your last trade was a winning trade, don't think you are invincible. Move on and don't let emotions cloud your judgement. :)