Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Soultrader

TL! UserVoice

Just a little suggestion - but it would make quite a big difference at least for the way I use TL:

In the "New Posts" view (and the others where threads are shown) if you want to see the latest post you'd have to click on this very tiny little right arrow (in the column "Last Post"), whereas to the left of it there is a big link with the name of the person posting.

Maybe I am getting a little old but it would be certainly nice to have this arrow at least twice the size as to make it much easier to click it (It normally is much less interesting to see information about the person posting).

Some extreme solution might be to even make the whole cell (not only the arrow) a link to the last post.

If the user really wanted more information on the last person posting he might click then from the posting.

Hi uexkuell,

I havent forgotten about your request! :) Im still trying to find a solution to this. Enlarging the arrow would make not make the template look too appealing and the extreme solution is something we cant implement at the moment. Ill bounce off some ideas to my coder and see what we can do. Thanks.

This text is wrapped with Quote tag

This text is wrapped with Code tag.  (*** This text is wrapped with Code tag ***) 

James:

Can you make the code window full width? (like the quote window)

Minor request, but it will make code reading easier.

As always, many thanks!

TAMS

Hi Tams,

Perhaps you can help. The coding for the code wrap box is listed below. I tried changing the $stylevar[codeblockwidth] to 100% but didnt do the trick. Would you know which code snippted might need changing? Thanks.

<div class="quotebox" style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; width: $stylevar[codeblockwidth];">

<table cellpadding="$stylevar[cellpadding]" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%">

<tr>

<td>

<div>

<div class="q_top"><div class="q_tr">

<div class="orgpos_left"><div class="orgpos_right">

<div class="original_poster">

$vbphrase

:

<div class="clr"></div>

</div>

</div></div>

</div></div>

</div>

<div class="quoteboxbg">

<div class="clr q_left"><div class="q_right"><div class="q_bottom"><div class="q_bl"><div class="q_br">

<div class="quote_text">

<pre style="

margin: 0px auto;

padding: 10px ;

width: $stylevar[codeblockwidth];`

text-align: left;

overflow: auto; ">$code</pre>

</div>

</div></div></div></div></div>

</div>

</td>

</tr>

</table>

</div>

<!-- PRE TAG STYLE : height: {$blockheight}px; -->

Welcome to TL! UserVoice

This thread is dedicated to TL! members to voice their opinions regarding the website. We welcome any opinions, comments, and feedback regarding the site functionality, design, moderation, etc... All comments will be taken into consideration and will do our best to allocate our resources for these requests.

FIRST ISSUE

When I first bring up the TL page to log-in, I am confronted with a pop-up box that offers an opportunity to log-in (or Register). Excellent idea.

Except ... if I log-in using the pop-up box, the log-in is temporary, and expires fairly quickly.

Any log-in using the pop-up facility does not allow me to reply to a post. If I do, it redirects me to a large page that invites me to register.

That page already has my log-in and password ALREADY FILLED IN!

If I use it, then I receive a message that I am ALREADY REGISTERED.

The only way I can defeat the bot is to trick it!

I accomplish this by using the log-in facility at the top right corner of the browser.

This allows me to remain logged-in for as long as I keep one TL browser window open for the day.

If I close the browser, then I have to log-in all over again.

My current strategy is to immediately close the pop-up log-in box when it appears, and use the more formal link in the top right corner of the browser - see attachment.

It appears there is NO sync between the two options to log -in.

Can this be checked out please. If the pop-up window is no use to me, I'd rather not have it getting in my way when logging-in.

SECOND ISSUE

The information on the pop-up window is in conflict with the info on the 'home page.'

The home page says we have 80,017 members (at time of writing) but the pop-up box tells me we have 61,580 members.

The figures are understating the true number by 30%.

Is this legal? (joking)

THIRD ISSUE

I run Firefox on a 24" iMac.

When I am on Traders Laboratory, I have to have the browser nearly fully sized to the 24" screen in order to read everything on the site

without having to used the slider toolbar to bring everything on the right hand edge of the browser into view.

Other websites auto-fit the site information into whatever size window I have open (within reason) down to about 16" screen.

But the TL browser needs to be about 22" size before the slider bar disappears, and everything is in view.

As I like to have my desktop icons and other items also visible during my time on TL (eg I run Windows Vista on the Boot Camp

function of the Mac computer, and I like to keep the chart prices visible in the background on the right side of the browser, while on TL.

This allows me to take prompt action if a currency situation occurs when trading and browsing at the same time.

FOURTH ISSUE

When uploading images, it is necessary to click on "Manage Attachments".

This brings up a smallish box that allows the user to find pictures etc to upload.

But the actual "UPLOAD" button is situated out of site at the extreme right hand end of the upload pop-up box.

There seems to be too much space between the "BROWSE" link and the "UPLOAD" link.

This again means I have to slide the contents inside the pop-up box along until the "UPLOAD" button becomes visible.

Similarly with the "Close Window" link - it doesn't become visible until wither the upload window is fully expanded, or the slider bar is

used to make the links visible.

Can the upload window be engineered to make all buttons/links visible in closer proximity to each other?

Nice to have this feedback facility. It took me awhile to locate the sticky, but that is because I need more site-knowledge. The feedback thread might need more prominence, but then again how do you make all the threads "more prominent?"

They are all good! :missy:

Attachments supplied for most points of discussion.

Cheers

5aa7105eb0e19_Loginscreenie.thumb.JPG.7608a55e021a292cf562283014bbef11.JPG

Screen-1.thumb.JPG.14c7a84a0f68eec611a17678731d31ad.JPG

Screen-2.thumb.JPG.214850227a82a17972b751f77a7f08dd.JPG

Screen-3.JPG.70df441e96dd578bd6151eb2c6c049db.JPG

Screen-4.thumb.JPG.9b57ba7487f04d192c3e3a0a599d0a37.JPG

This text is wrapped with Code tag.  (*** This text is wrapped with Code tag ***) 

James:

Can you make the code window full width? (like the quote window)

Minor request, but it will make code reading easier.

TAMS

Just reading back ... is this a reason the browser window has been widened?

If so, then I guess I don't mind keeping the status quo.

The ability to read code clearly is important, and a valid reason for having the browser setting quite wide (22" as opposed to a standard 16"). I can live with the wider setting - just didn't think about those who actually benefit from having it in this format.

Cheers

1- I do the same thing. Log in using the main page.

2-No idea why it displays a different fig. I'll look into that!

3-It's just the way the site is designed as far as I am aware. I use chrome and if I want to fit it all in I just use zoom. Ctrl + mouse scroll wheel. Not sure the shortcut on firefox.

4-I'll have to check and probably ask tech guys about this.

Just reading back ... is this a reason the browser window has been widened?

If so, then I guess I don't mind keeping the status quo.

The ability to read code clearly is important, and a valid reason for having the browser setting quite wide (22" as opposed to a standard 16"). I can live with the wider setting - just didn't think about those who actually benefit from having it in this format.

Cheers

during one of the many web "re-designs", the code window was narrowed to a very inconvenient width.

the code window was so narrow, this text "(*** This text is wrapped with Code tag ***)" was shown on a second line.

The width has since been fixed, thus you do not see a problem anymore.

Edited by Tams

hello,i write here because two days ago i sent a private message to the staff,i said that i would like change nick name for personal reason,but i don't received answer.isn't the first time that i wrote to the staff,without received answer.now i know that i don't ask an impossible thing,because i know that many people in other financial forum can change nickname also two time a days ....maybe he is very raccomanded.but please i don't want cancel my account and sign new,i lost all my post also if i know that aren't so important .can you help me?thanks in advance .

Hello, mysticforex ,i would like change nickname for personal reasons'simply i don't wear it so well,.if you can help me we can talking about it also in private message.

Hi Folks - Just a notification of a problem I am having with the Videos posted on the Home page of TL.

I have attempted to watch several of these, and the problem continues ... excessive buffering ... then re-buffering after 2 seconds ... then more re-buffering .... etc.

The videos (to me) are not worth the space they occupy on the very front page - the landing page - of a great forum. I have never watched more than 5 seconds of any of them - simply gave up - have more to do with my time than take 40 minutes to wait for a 3 minute video to load and play!!

Maybe others don't have this problem.

Maybe others don't bother either?

Either I have been spoiled by the very rapid loading and playing of youtube videos, or there is something radically amiss with the formatting and replay of these videos. I think the latter.

I wonder if anyone has actually played them?

Maybe it is just my computer?

Could someone in the control tower take a peek at this please?

Cheers

Ingot54,

I have just tried the first vid on the home page... The one titled "October 15th".

Works fine for me. Are these the video's you mean?

I attempted to look at all of them on the "Home" page of TL, and then clicked on the "VIDEOS" link just above the list, to see the full library.

The problem is identical in all of them.

All require many seconds of buffering - the counter gets up to "100" and then about 5 seconds of video will play.

Then it's back to buffering.

If it works ok on your computer, then it must be a problem with mine.

Seems a shame to have some good stuff on the site and not be able to look at it, that's all.

Never mind ... there is good stuff on youtube as well.

btw - I had no probs with Rob Booker's interview when connecting via the forum link.

But I do have a problem when trying to access it from the library link. It is probably one of the worst to play - took almost 70 seconds just now to get to about 27 on the buffering scale ... (0 to 100)

See attachments

Cheers

Ivan

5aa7106e5c33b_Videobufferingproblem.JPG.d8aaa81ed0b94daf079bb19738fea06e.JPG

5aa7106e63f02_TLFrontPageVideos.thumb.JPG.962d5e79b9dd829d4df1aa114cd3628b.JPG