Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Attaching two of my analyzed charts. Will be posting more analysis as time goes by.

I am using Bull's-Eye Broker point and figure charting soft as my only trading tool. I have been keeping point and figure charts by hand earlier but finally chose to start using the PC.

Usually point and figure charts are enough. Sometimes I look at bar charts if there is something I need to analyze in more detail.

Also attaching the very overbought Bullish % calculation!

adbe.thumb.JPG.ff472829f7e46b9fea42a34e68f6898b.JPG

sp500oct12.thumb.JPG.287a5f3f3c10a518df92c2453c41b262.JPG

5aa70f39ad5f2_SP500BullishIndexoct12.jpg.ff22327c2c4949bdc591485255ed6535.jpg

Sorry been away for quite some time and haven't had time to keep up the posting. Have been charting though and there have been nice trades.

At least in my opinion point and figure is ideal as I can be very busy with other things but there is always time to have a loook at the point and figure charts since it is so quick.

There's also a free ebook Point and Figure Method of Anticipating Stock Price Movements if you want to learn, but I will continue posting here as soon as the avalanche of work I have is over.

Are there people around who use P&F charts for day trading futures like ES or NQ?

You bet. Although a better name is "swing charts" as opposed to point & figure. I don't use the X and O format. My charts either have volume information inside of them or are simple bar charts that use color instead of X's and O's. The ES "6 tick swing chart" has a following.

-dVL

"That sounds like over educated and under intelligent"

John Gotti NY Mafia

Dear Friends!

Point and Figure is an important part of my method. For stock trading I use an excellent software which named “Bull’s Eye Broker”. Unfortunaly, this software don’t support realtime data feed and only support EOD data in which I also begin to trading forex now.

If you know, please kindly introduce to me software which support Point&Figure, realtime data feed. It is more excellent if it also support Wyckoff Point& Figure chart

Many many thanks for your helps

the bellow is short desciption about Wyckoff Point&Figure

The Wyckoff method is a special type of point & figure chart. It uses a single box reversal instead of the more common three-point reversal. It also varies from the standard point & figure chart because it can contain both X’s and O’s in the same column. This will occur whenever there is only a single entry made in a column. For example if we had a single X in a column followed by 3 O’s, the O’s will be displayed in the same column as the X. In a Wyckoff chart there must always be more than one entry in a column.

Let's take an example. The box size for these values is $1.00. Note that a Wyckoff chart can also use high and low data, but for clarity we have selected closing price data only.

Date Day Close

10/02/98 Tue 55.00

11/02/98 Wed 57.00

12/02/98 Thu 56.00

13/02/98 Fri 57.00

16/02/98 Mon 58.00

17/02/98 Tue 59.00

18/02/98 Wed 56.00

19/02/98 Thu 57.00

20/02/98 Fri 56.00

23/02/98 Mon 57.00

24/02/98 Tue 56.00

On 11/02/98 the chart rose from $55 to $57. This resulted in 3 X’s being plotted in the first column. The very next day there was a pull back of one box to $56. Because we are using a one-point reversal, we move to the next column and plot the single O. The next day the price rises again to $57. This again is a reversal, however we do not move to the next column because we have only made one entry in the current column. The upward movement continues until the chart reaches $59 on 17/02/98. Continuing to plot the data in this fashion will produce the chart below:

$60.00

$59.00 X

$58.00 X O

$57.00 X X O X X

$56.00 X O O O O

$55.00 X

Other than the two requirements described above, the Wyckoff point & figure chart uses the same principals as a standard three-point reversal chart