Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

brownsfan019

Trading the Grains - Soy, Corn, Wheat

My brokerage is a Chicago-based firm and I trade through the Ninja Trader platform.

Who are you using? I'm based in London uk so am worried about picking a bad broker out there. Feel free to pm me if you don't want to say in the forum.

Thanks

Iwshares

You need a futures broker to trade grains. That slippage is unacceptable and you will be broke very fast trading grains with that (almost 3 points) kind of slippage. Stop now before it's too late. The one thing you have to keep in mind with grains is that a news event will cause some significant gaps - so something like a flood being reported in the midwest can cause significant gaps.

Secondly, if this is your first foray into commodities after trading forex you sure picked a doozie! Corn is a little more liquid and moves a little slower - I would start there until you get a feel for grains as they are a very different beast from fx.

I could not find DOOZIE in my dictionary, Sir. Can you help improve my English vocabulary?

Thanks

Who are you using? I'm based in London uk so am worried about picking a bad broker out there. Feel free to pm me if you don't want to say in the forum.

Thanks

Iwshares

Sent a PM

Don't want to be accused of foul play.

Phantom

Just found this old thread.

I'd figure I bring it back from the dead, LOL

Here is my Corn trade from yesterday, April 27, 2012

Traded 4 contracts, quick $850.00

Starting to look at ZS and ZW as well...

Folks on this thread still trading these babies?

ZC_April_27_2012.thumb.png.620536382c7d0ec54862f699137930a4.png

Good to know, but not to repeat I suppose :)

Thanks Enoch

Since the thread has come back to life I will explain what doozie means - it means its a motherfucker!

:rofl:

Good to know, but not to repeat I suppose :)

Thanks Enoch

Doozie is slang derived from Duesenberg - a very expensive car from the 1920s. Nothing vulgar, just a little dated. I mean the word Doozie is not vulgar, the Duesenberg car, well maybe ;).