Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Here is a workspace featuring a TICK chart and an ESINX chart.

The indicators are as such:

@sk_ESINX.

(Index Arbitrage Program Trading Premium Values) This is a simple indicator that will plot the most probable levels where trading programs are bound to generate buy and sell orders. Please see http://www.indexarb.com/index.html for more information. You will need to update new levels daily before the market opens. For Tradestation users other symbols are $SPINX and $ESINX, $NDIQX and $NQIQX, and $RLIUX and $ERSIUX. Other data vendors may use PREM or EPREM. The video of Hubert Senters using $ESINX is below or alternatively find it here: [ame=

]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eVJZnT5oHg[/ame]

@Tick Bias.

It is important to know the market bias from the first half hour of trading whether it be bearish (average below zero) or bullish (above). I wanted something visual so that it would remind me to go with the trend of the day ie. don't go short when the Tick trend is bullish. Fade the Tick lows if it's bullish. Of course this is a simplification :) . My dilemma was how to produce an average from the start at 9:30 am ET. So I wrote code to calculate the moving average of the TICK as each bar unfolded (ie. incremental......average of 2 bar closes on second bar, average of 3 bar closes on third bar until a suitable moving average could kick in (say, a moving average of 50 on the 50th bar)). Blue (bullish), Pink (bearish), Gray (neutral). *******The last high and low in the format dialogue must be a wide histogram*********

@Tick Alert Lines.

Simple enough. Obvious levels of Tick extremes. Alerts as well.

@sk_Value Chart show me.

Plots Value Chart extremes on Tick chart. Signals a possible reversal. Play with the levels to suit.

N.B. These indicators are as is with no time spent being fussy with code. You are welcome to modify them. If you have an improvement in code or other ideas feel free to post.

You may need the XVid codec to watch the video.

****** For Tradestation users it would be best to install the .ELD first then open up the workspace in the zip file. I'm not sure if it will open up the way the image portrays but just make sure if you insert indicators that you insert @Tick Bias last as the background painting will cover the others otherwise! ******

TICK BIAS AND ESINX.ELD

5aa70f2c70192_TICKBIASANDESINX.thumb.png.48dc2012ce0b656fe6c80aa31f438eed.png

TICK BIAS AND ESINX.txt

TICK BIAS and ESINX workspace.zip

Hubert-Program Trading3.avi

Edited by simterann22

The ES 092809. Note it was a strong up day. The Tick bias is blue so you want to buy at the blue dots and perhaps scale out at the red dots. I noticed the Value Chart dots at the open were excessive. Changing the code so that it does not plot before '9:30 + NumBars' may help.....otherwise just ignore the first few minutes ;)

I've always been a fan of the Value Chart but like all oscillators (IMHO) they do poorly on trend action. I tried it on the Tick chart and was quite happy with the results. Try it for yourself.

5aa70f2eec6a4_ES092809.thumb.jpg.9af32df083335f5f8f64cdfdb648aead.jpg

Hello

I cant compile in MC error by error appear, who knows the secret?

Any other info in inet by same topic is found?

if you don't post the error message, how do you expect others to help you?

Edited by Tams

i am liking the way your indicator displays the tick. One thing i have noticed is when i set an alert, the only alert i can get according to my message center is a tick reading level of 600. Is there anyway to set this to a tick reading of +- 1000?

Maybe you have alert set to "Once".....try setting to "Once Per Bar".....give it a shot.....I'm thinking from memory, I'm not sure. Another thing you can do is open the EasyLanguage and comment out all references to anything other than the +/-1000 alerts ie. place // before all lines not needed and then press F3 to compile. Another way you can do it is get rid of the Tick alert lines altogether and just place a horizontal line across +1000 and -1000 and set alerts to each as mentioned above. Hope it helps.

I get some pretty impressive results when using the Tick Alert Lines to time entries and exits in the NQ. The only problem is that I don't know what I'm doing. I'm not a beginner, but I'm pretty ignorant on this approach to trading.

Could someone please educate me? Are the alert lines portraying some type of overbought and oversold situation? Where can I go to learn what this indicator means and how to use it? I'm not an accomplished EasyLanguage user, so I can't decipher the code.

Could someone please educate me? Are the alert lines portraying some type of overbought and oversold situation? Where can I go to learn what this indicator means and how to use it? I'm not an accomplished EasyLanguage user, so I can't decipher the code.

The first question and third question are answered here: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service and you can also Google "Mastering The Trade djvu".

The second question: The answer is yes. The $Tick will give you a good perspective of the internal market dynamics.

The fourth question: Do a search for the "Value Chart" and understand how that works, then once you watch the video you can see how it all comes together :)

5aa70f39bc710_Tickbasics.thumb.jpg.507bb4c1a6eabab662c7ebe5a3b0b991.jpg

Hello

I cant compile in MC error by error appear, who knows the secret?

Any other info in inet by same topic is found?

hi

open function and in variables write this : VChart(0) ( remember comma divide each variable )