Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Soultrader

New Site Design Launched!

Hi thalestrader, we fixed the formatting of the ads and seems to have fixed the issues you had brought up. I am hoping that the changes will also reflect on your end. Please do let me know if you still experience spikes in CPU. Thank you and I apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,

James

Hi James,

CPU was still running high for a few days after your fix when those ads ran (45% or so). But this morning it is back to 90%+. I saw these ads on a few other web sites, and I see no CPU spike. However, those ads are static without the animation. Perhaps you should look into running the non anumated ads as well. I did a search on another forum (ET) and it looks as though some other folks over there had the same thing happen. I see that ET runs non animated (I'm not sure if that is the correct term or not - what I mean is that the ads for FX Open here "move" while at the non problem sites, the ads are static0>

Best Wishes,

Thales

Hi Thales,

We did have some database issues a few hours ago and just added some crucial missing codes to the site that may have been causing this.

I will consult with my media agent again and see what the issues are. Thanks Thales.

James:

Can you add the link to the posts in the Attachment window?

I can open the attachment... but can't find the description that goes with it.

TIA

attachment.php?attachmentid=13856&stc=1&d=1254335108

attachment.gif.36f48f1cac9cd0fa241768bffe7d0af5.gif

James:

One suggestion: Can you omit the "is" from the status ?

because people might want to use "was", or "has", or "had"... etc.,

attachment.php?attachmentid=14143&stc=1&d=1255108605

p.s. Facebook used to have the "is" in their status line. They have removed it to give people more flexibility in expressing their status.

Omit_IS.gif.9b0263147553b1e4917e4add6546ccd3.gif

Hi Tams,

This has been removed per your request. Still working on your previous request and looking to get that done shortly. Thanks.

James:

One suggestion: Can you omit the "is" from the status ?

because people might want to use "was", or "has", or "had"... etc.,

attachment.php?attachmentid=14143&stc=1&d=1255108605

p.s. Facebook used to have the "is" in their status line. They have removed it to give people more flexibility in expressing their status.

James:

Can you add the link to the posts in the Attachment window?

I can open the attachment... but can't find the description that goes with it.

TIA

attachment.php?attachmentid=13856&stc=1&d=1254335108

Hi Tams,

This has been updated as well. Thanks for the idea!

James

Site is looking and performing great James.

Thanks again to you and your team!

P.S. Loved this image so much I had to snag it: :)

newsimage.php?newsid=355600&d=1255656660

regards,

Thanks ehorn! We also migrated all the ads you see on the site to a hosted solution to further speed things up. Currently in the process of lightening up some of the unused features as well to increase the speed.

I wish I had a team :) Most folks think the site is run by a group of ppl but its just myself. (though marketing is handled buy a different firm) Every designer/programmer are just outsourced on a project basis which is why simple requests (like what Tams made above) took days to complete. Its a continous process of finding the right coder and designer for each specific request or improvement.

James,

Something I'd noticed was that on Firefox 3.5.3 sometimes the front page is not rendered correctly.

This is even more common with FF 3.7.

Here's a snap of what it sees (all is fine with Google Chrome). Note that the problem comes and goes ... here today gone tomorrow so I assume something changeable in the pages is what's at issue.

5aa70f3ecdc42_10-18-20096-40-38PM.thumb.png.6aeabdc0835102c773ba0272f9e9263e.png

Try 3.7 .. it doesnt :(

3.7 is nice though. It has the chrome style tab ordering so that they all stay together (which is why I upgraded). So whatever is sensitive with 3.5.3 seems 100% on the 3.7.

James, While 3.5.3 is a legit build, 3.7 is an alpha so you'd expect it to be sensitive but it does display the problem nicely. Your developer can get it if he hasnt' got it by googling firefox nightly builds and trying the latest version.

Edited by Kiwi

Thanks ehorn! We also migrated all the ads you see on the site to a hosted solution to further speed things up. Currently in the process of lightening up some of the unused features as well to increase the speed.

I wish I had a team :) Most folks think the site is run by a group of ppl but its just myself. (though marketing is handled buy a different firm) Every designer/programmer are just outsourced on a project basis which is why simple requests (like what Tams made above) took days to complete. Its a continous process of finding the right coder and designer for each specific request or improvement.

wow... won't that become very expensive ?

now I am afraid to ask for feature enhancements.... :-(

James,

Something I'd noticed was that on Firefox 3.5.3 sometimes the front page is not rendered correctly.

This is even more common with FF 3.7.

Here's a snap of what it sees (all is fine with Google Chrome). Note that the problem comes and goes ... here today gone tomorrow so I assume something changeable in the pages is what's at issue.

I use Firefox 3.5.3 and I encounter that problem occasionally as well, but in my experience it will go back to normal if you just refresh the page.

Try 3.7 .. it doesnt :(

3.7 is nice though. It has the chrome style tab ordering so that they all stay together (which is why I upgraded). So whatever is sensitive with 3.5.3 seems 100% on the 3.7.

James, While 3.5.3 is a legit build, 3.7 is an alpha so you'd expect it to be sensitive but it does display the problem nicely. Your developer can get it if he hasnt' got it by googling firefox nightly builds and trying the latest version.

We tested 3.5.3, IE7, IE8, etc... and seems to be working fine. My designers do not want to work with 3.7 just yet as it is unstable and Firefox may be buggy in regards to CSS. We will need to wait until 3.7 is released in order to apply any bug fixes. Im still looking why this issue is showing up in 3.5.3. Once we are able to replicate it, we will fix this problem. Thanks.

Its fine currently James.

It comes and goes with 3.5.3 so I don't know if it sticks with 3.7 or not.

I'll log on every few hours and let you know in a couple of days if its fixed.

James, I should have made this more clear in my last post, but that problem only occurred very infrequently, maybe once or twice in recent memory, so I never reported it on my own. But I'll clear my cache, and if it happens again I'll post here.

Since yesterday. And the first time I looked (and posted) this morning it was fine.

Now its gone to the other mode.

I'll clear my cache in a second and see if makes a difference.\

Edit: Cleared Cache and its back to normal.

Got it I think.

I am creating the issue James, which is why I see it so often. I clear my cache automatically from time to time by batch file. It seems that if it does it while firefox is on it leaves something there that creates the problem "just" with this site.

If I close, re clear, and reopen it is fine. So I'll put a branch in to prevent the problem. If you're programmer wants to recreate the problem let me know and I'll mail you the remaining cache files from when the problem is live.

Got it I think.

I am creating the issue James, which is why I see it so often. I clear my cache automatically from time to time by batch file. It seems that if it does it while firefox is on it leaves something there that creates the problem "just" with this site.

If I close, re clear, and reopen it is fine. So I'll put a branch in to prevent the problem. If you're programmer wants to recreate the problem let me know and I'll mail you the remaining cache files from when the problem is live.

Hi Kiwi,

By any chance, do you have alot of add-ons in Firefox? My programmers have come back to me that this may be one of the various issues causing such behavior. Meanwhile, if you can send me the cache files or log files that would be appreciated as we can investigate further. Its definitely CSS related in which firefox is not reading the CSS properly hence you are seeing the missing headers. Thanks Kiwi.

Email: jameslee@traderslaboratory.com

I have a lot of add ons but I disabled them by xxxing the extensions directory and then running 3.5.3.

Checked and only the java quickstart reinstalled.

Simple process for forcing the error.

Open the front page for TL with 3.5.3 and leave it open

dos deltree of the ffprofile/cache directory which will kill all but 4 or 5 files

Close firefox immediately

Reopen firefox

Reopen http://www.traderslaboratory.com

To get rid of the error. Close firefox and deltree the directory again which gets rid of all files and the directory. On rebooting firefox all is well.

Seems to work almost every time.