Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Soultrader

New Site Design Launched!

Hi all,

After over 2 months of work, we have finally decided to launch our new site design. One of the big improvements of the new design is the reduction in site load. We have managed to reduce to 1/4th of the previous loading speed.

What do you all think? Please use this thread to discuss the new release.

There are still minor tweaks that needs to be finished which we will be working on the next few days.

Please do report any bugs or finds. Your feedbacks are comments are important to us. Thank you.

Hi Tams, thanks! Did you mean something like this? :thumbs up:

I was looking for this icon14.gif

now I see the one you posted... it is buried in the extended list.

Nicely done (with resepct to the New Site Design).

Not only does the new look provide a more professional 'feel', but the pages load noticeably faster as well.

- Spydertrader

Hi Spyder, yes that was one of the big upsides to the new skin. We managed to decrease website load speed by 4x. The previous design was putting too much stress on the website and after we realized there was nothing we can optimize on the servers, we resorted to optimization of the design. Thanks!

I was looking for this icon14.gif

now I see the one you posted... it is buried in the extended list.

Hi Tams, I reported it to my programmer. Its a bug I am seeing where emoticons do not load 100%. Seems like one icon is always missing. Thanks.

James,

Great improvements in so many areas. No wonder this is the only site around with real, on-topic content and a real sense of community. You do a great job running this forum and managing the community.

The new look is crisp and clean and the technical improvements and fixes make postive advancements on many fronts.

I recently made a couple of posts on ET - I don't know whether to describe that site as a snakepit or a sewer. It is for sure that the content and general tone is far beneath what you find here and the technology is miles behind TL.

Your tireless efforts to manage the community, imporve the technology and eliminate off-topic attack posts are the reason TL reigns as #1. Thank You.

Congratulations on the site and its new look and feel.

cheers

pat

James:

One suggestion:

Can you add some spaces between the last line in a post, and the bottom of the frame?

The post looks a bit claustrophobic without the space.

A

|

| i.e. add 1 or 2 lines of space here

|

V

James:

One suggestion:

Can you add some spaces between the last line in a post, and the bottom of the frame?

The post looks a bit claustrophobic without the space.

A

|

| i.e. add 1 or 2 lines of space here

|

V

And this looks agoraphobic. I don't like unnecessary scrolling. And people spending effort on petty changes ;)