Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

momentom

Cumulative Delta Volume

I wrote a little easylanguage study to track volume:

Vars: MyVol(0);

MyVol = Upticks-DownTicks;

Plot1(MyVol, "VB");

If MyVol > 0 Then setPlotcolor(1,GREEN);

If MyVol < 0 Then Setplotcolor(1,RED);

So far so good.

Now I would like to make it CUMULATIVE for the trading day, trading day be the day starting at the close of the previous RTH session.

Somehow I can't get my head to the next stage. Any ideas?

TIA

I trade of range bars, say 5 ticks:

I've attached what it looks like on market delta.

The bottom pane is the raw data: Upticks minus downticks,

second from bottom is the cumulative total of the value of each bar's uptick-downtick volume.

I hope I was clear.

Thanks

CDV1.thumb.JPG.39e1c00b046a6c2d2269313d69048364.JPG

Now I would like to make it CUMULATIVE for the trading day, trading day be the day starting at the close of the previous RTH session.

TIA

if d <> d[1] then begin...

I wrote a little easylanguage study to track volume:

Vars: MyVol(0);

MyVol = Upticks-DownTicks;

Plot1(MyVol, "VB");

If MyVol > 0 Then setPlotcolor(1,GREEN);

If MyVol < 0 Then Setplotcolor(1,RED);

So far so good.

TIA

I trade exclusively with Cumulative Delta and I was going to make sure you want (upticks - downticks) OVER (bid - ask) such as this explanation.......

Investor/RT Tour - Volume Breakdown (VB)

BTW....today there was an excellent Cumulative Delta based "Inventory Grab" SHORT trade at 1034.50 ES level right after 1035.00 high was traded. This trade takes place after all previous resting SHORT inventory that had been holding for a period of time has been neutralized (they all covered to go flat). Right after the sellers bail that were holding large SHORT positions there is no one left for BUYERS to force into SHORT covering.....this leaves price hanging with new initiating BUYERS needed to step in to support current pricing levels.

Here is what the Cumulative Delta looked like right after I had entered the trade as additional sell response was entering the order flow.... http://www.charthub.com/images/2009/08/24/FulcrumTrader__ES_SEP09

Thanks for everyone's help.

Attached chart shows 5 point Range bar chart of ES #F (24 hour) with Volume Breakdown and under that Cumulative Volume Delta. This is in Multicharts and loads historically if TRADE VOLUME is selected.

CVD3.thumb.jpg.9dac624e8516315b8f0773e7b88e2147.jpg

Look for a thread called plotting globex highs and lows (or something similar) more methods of resetting things at the open than you can shake a stick at :) (though I would of course argue mine was most elegant :D)

so basically I am using the code that was made by such a kind user and very kind members. I am trying to learn tradestation easy language. I am a bit confused by this code, does it just give a green or red signal when there is a up or downtick and then plots it. Does this indicate the actual volume or just price movement?