Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

spyro

Ensign DYO Ideas

Hey

Last week I found this wonderful ensign software very useable software

Because the great tool that called DYO "design your own"

Its very easy way to code and make your freestyle indicators without know

To program in high level

I attached (in the links there is pictures)here some ideas that I found on the net and hope members

That have some good ideas will share it with us

Thanks.

Question:

New to the software, great stuff, been reading dye studies on knowledge base to try to understand things. Wrote one and when plotting in real time the chart tends to blend/obscure the histogram until I click on the chart and change the bar spacing. I was trying to get it to show the total ask or bid as a black line on whatever side the indicator value was. It would look like a candlestick chart but only on ones side of the zero line depending on value. I got it to plot but the bar for total volume was on both sides of zero.

Answer:

I wish you had shown me an example since I feel you left a lot for me to guess at. The following is what I think you are trying to accomplish.

http://www.ensignsupport.com/email/1608.mhtml

Question:

Finally with a little trouble yesterday it is working. I think there was a conflict with my global variables but it is working today. I am wondering, can you think of a way to look for contracts in a range of say 10-20 rather than just greater that 10? I am also wondering could I record the buy or sell pressure associated with the larger contract size? Thank you very much for your help with this. I really appreciate your efforts and you. If there is anything I can do for you let me know.

Answer:

There is not a conflict of GVs. The same template can be used on multiple charts. Since the DYO works with volume, on the chart property form uncheck the option for Optimize Speed. The DYO is not being called on a equal price tick, which might also have tick volume at the large size you want to track. When the Optimize Speed option is checked, studies are not recalculate when the price is unchanged from the prior tick, which is fine for most studies because they work with just price.

You would add more logic lines to test for <20 like this using Lines F, G and H for the test.

http://www.ensignsupport.com/email/1643.mhtml

Question:

I have been mucking around with bid-ask delta, trying to get an idea going. For each bar I want to see the Maximum and Minimum that the delta reached (delta being the volume traded at bid - volume traded at ask), but I also want to see the delta at which the bar closed out. So the final bar delta gets plotted as a thick bar in the direction of above/below zero as appropriate, while the max and min get plotted as thin lines. I guess if one wanted to, you could plot the thin line over the thick one, in order to see the whole delta range. A proper scale would be nice.

If I can get this then I'd like to use the values to generate an alert - which would obviously be quite easy once the basic data was in place. I just can't seem to get this thing to plot properly and wondered if you could find time to have a go at it?

Answer:

This DYO will do the current delta and the Max and Min. The thing this example does not do well is be able to compute the Max and the Min for the past.

However, in real-time it will work just fine and plot. You may need to adjust the scale range to make it scale nicely.

http://www.ensignsupport.com/email/1664.mhtml

Question:

What I would like to do is keep a running total of the bids and a running total of the asks. So the market opens we have 1,2,3,4,5,6 at the bid and 1,2,3,4, at the ask, we are now -2 plotted with red bars below the zero line. Then we 5,6,7,8,9, at the ask and none at the bid, we are now +3 for the day plotted with a green bar or line that changes green once we go positive. I am only interested in larger lot sizes so it would only keep count on lot sizes over 20.

Answer:

I watched it today and other than changing the fixed range of the plot scale, it looked pretty good. This is 5-min ES chart.

Here is my implementation using DYOs. Also, I see it is important on your chart property form to uncheck the Optimize Speed option so the DYO evaluates on every tick, including equal ticks, otherwise the Optimize Speed option makes the calculation blind on equal ticks, which would cause it to miss counts you are interested in.

http://www.ensignsupport.com/email/663.mhtml