Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Yakalfer

MultiCharts Coding

Hello,

I'm starting with MultiCharts and for my first programming exercise, I would like to generate a signal and an alert if the following conditions are present:

Condition1 =macd line >0

Condition2 = macd histogramme >0

Condition3 = price cross over upper bollinger band

Could you please help me to write this code ?

Is it an indicator or a signal or a function ???

Thanks in advance,

go to this page

Online Tutorials

download this document

Getting Started with EasyLanguage

it is not a difficult book, but it does take time and patience to read.

the book is full of examples for all kinds of analysis.

I promise you, the payback will be in multifold.

I can help you to get from step 1 to step 2,

but you have to first get from step zero to step one.

Edited by Tams

Thank you Tams for your help.

I just finished studying the book, but I am unable to set an alarm between a bollinger band, a MACD and the price ...

This is not as "easy" as that ... :hmmmm:

This indicator took me 1 minute on ProRealTime, 10 minutes on NinjaTrader, and I fear it requires me 1 week on MC ... :embarassed:

So, what can I do ?

And is there any website where I could find some free indicators and strategy (exemple : pivot point, macd in color, etc, ...) ???

Thanks in advance !

I just finished studying the book, but I am unable to set an alarm between a bollinger band, a MACD and the price ...

This is not as "easy" as that ... :hmmmm:

This indicator took me 1 minute on ProRealTime, 10 minutes on NinjaTrader, and I fear it requires me 1 week on MC ... :embarassed:

So, what can I do ?

stay with Ninja

And is there any website where I could find some free indicators and strategy (exemple : pivot point, macd in color, etc, ...) ???

Thanks in advance !

MultiCharts comes with hundreds of indicators and strategies.

Start your PowerEditor,

File> Open

you will see the list there.

I need a Real-Time Market Scanner and it seems to me that it does not exist in NinjaTrader ...

To schedule a simple strategy as (MACD> 0 and macdligne> 0 and price crossover BBup), where can I find help?

I need a Real-Time Market Scanner and it seems to me that it does not exist in NinjaTrader ...

To schedule a simple strategy as (MACD> 0 and macdligne> 0 and price crossover BBup), where can I find help?

EasyLanguage is English like; it is easy to learn.

See the scribble you made? You already have 90% the strategy written!

Just combine the indicators and add your logic to the end...

and voila, you have your scanner !

Give it a try... you will be amazed at what you can do.

Good luck!

Edited by Tams

ok, but for exemple, I write :

if Close > BollingerBand(Close,12,2) and MACD(Close,12,26) > 0 then buy next bar at market ;

if Close < BollingerBand(Close,12,2) and MACD(Close,12,26) < 0 then sellshort next bar at market ;

But how can I use the macd line ??? I need to add a condition macd line > 0 for long and macd line < 0 for short and I found nothing ine the user manual..

Thanks in advance,

if Close > BollingerBand(Close,12,2) and MACD(Close,12,26) > 0 then buy next bar at market ;

if Close < BollingerBand(Close,12,2) and MACD(Close,12,26) < 0 then sellshort next bar at market ;

But how can I use the macd line ??? I need to add a condition macd line > 0 for long and macd line < 0 for short and I found nothing ine the user manual..

Thanks in advance,

you are in the right direction.

post the code... and let's see what is where.

What format does Multicharts save easylanguage files in ? Is it ELD or something else ?

Paul

MultiCharts saves the indicators in a compiled file with PLA extension.

(vs pre-compile format of TS)

The two lines are the only code I use...

if Close > BollingerBand(Close,11,2) and MACD(Close,12,26) > 0 then plot1( 1, "test+" ) ;

if Close < BollingerBand(Close,11,-2) and MACD(Close,12,26) < 0 then plot2( -1, "test-" ) ;

I would write a warning indicator when the price breaks the bollinger band while the MACD is positive and the MACD histogram is positive ..

In this case, my dream is that the candle of the graph changes color and an alert sound.

So I can use this indicator in the Real-Time Market Scanner ...

As a first step, I need to understand how to use the MACD: how to retrieve the values of the MACD and the MACD histogram?

What is the instruction to change the color of the candle?

Thank you!

Thanks in advance,

p.s. you are trying to jump from step zero to step 10 in one leap.

my suggestions:

I would not attempt to write buy/sell orders at the moment.

I would focus on technical skill first.

i.e. getting the indicator to plot a dot/line to illustrate your logic on the screen, so that you can visually verify your approach.

Otherwise it would just be GIGO.

Edited by Tams

This is not as "easy" as that ...

So, what can I do ?

Thanks in advance !

I don't think you have finished reading the first chapter of the book.

You have to get yourself off Step Zero.

I can help you, but I will not write the code for you.

There are commercial services that can assist you if that's what you are looking for.

or, maybe others can chime in...

Have a nice day.

p.s. I don't think you could do that in 10 days with Ninja.

Edited by Tams

Thank you for your help !

I am not looking for someone who write my code, but only to say me what EasyLanguage function I need to reach my target.

Because I have the "EasyLanguage Functions and Reserved Words Reference" but I'm not able to find for exemple how to use the macd line and the macd histogram... Because on page 216 of this reference manual, there is only few lines about macd function...

In the same way, I'm not able to find by myself what is the function I need to color the candle...

And all this is not on the first chapter of the "EL_Getting_Started" book :embarassed:

Have a nice days,

PS : I'm using currently alerts that I created with ninja wizard in minutes, without writing a word of code ;) ...