Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

JohnD

Any CFD Traders Here?

Hi,

Is there any CFD traders here at traderslab?

Ok so Soultraders tweet "Come join our CFD Discussion" was maybe a little ambitious, but it's a start lol.

I could not exist as a trader without CFD's :missy:

Guest denvertrader75

Hey anyone know of any CFD brokers that allow us clients?

Guest denvertrader75

Anyone know if US clients can spread bet or trade cfd's?

Guest denvertrader75

Can anyone tell me if there are CFD brokers that accept US clients?

As far as I know you can't even be involved in a company that derives income from trading CFD's. I had a search for OTC regs on the SEC site but not surprisingly for a gov site it's a huge mess.

Guest Tresor

Can someone please post a few CFD charts? Just curious if it is tradable my way.

Can someone please post a few CFD charts? Just curious if it is tradable my way.

Chart should be the same as the underlying. A CFD is essentially a trade (bet!) with a market maker. So you can trade (bet on!) the ES CL EUR INTL whatever.

They are actually structured a little differently to a bet so there are tax implications.

Hey anyone know of any CFD brokers that allow us clients?

CFD trading allows you to trade commodities and metals without the expenses of trading in the real commodities market. However, many brokers who offer CFD trading makes it really expensive (wide spreads) and lose the advantage of the CFD. To avoid such brokers, I would suggest only ECN brokers such as etoro, Sunbirdfx or Alpari UK. These brokers welcome CFD traders and do not have any restrictions…maybe you should try a demo account first before you open a live account for CFD trading :)

Lately I am interested in trading index cfds...would love to hear people's experiences with their brokers...tia;)

CFD is a great solution for those who want to invest in commodities or even stock without the expense of a direct investment. The problem is that the spreads, liquidity and executions vary from each broker and this can affect your results. I found out that ECN brokers, which usually have better performance in forex trading, have the same advantage in CFD trading. I currently have two account at Alpari and Sunbirdfx, which both of them give great CFD trading experience.Good Luck !

I do trade CFDs - one of the providers i use is Saxobank. The advantage with them is that you can trade both shares and CFDs and in the past they used to allow me to use my shareholdings to act as collateral. The problem is that now they've upped margins sharply so when I've used most of the money in the account to buy shares it doesn't leave much room for opening CFD positions. And I find that pointless because what's the scope then; CFDs are intended to be a leveraged trading product but they're killing the leverage by their huge margins (yet the cheeky **** are happy to charge you financing charges everyday)