Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

akifusenet

Market Statistics Indicator for MT4!

Hello guys. As I am also a big fan of Jperl threads on market statistic, here is a pic of EUR A0-FX spot forex with investor R/T as charting software and esignal as the data feed.

The volume profile plotted can be customized as one want. It can either be dynamic as Jperl is using it or it can be static as to encompass how many profile days one want to incorporate.

Also, a neat default feature of the VWAP in Investor R/T is that instead of plotting it as lines overlayed on the chart with all its standard deviation, you can have it plotted at bottom of chart and you will easily see what each bar traded was at which band of the VWAP.

Shreem:)

5aa70f15b9d6a_EUR_A0-FXvolumeprofileandvwap.thumb.png.4e855bc574abc3ac80f67819c0e284a8.png

Skewness indicator v1 it predicts future two bars in advance on 5 min timeframe.

But wonder if someone did research re. this indicator , when you change parameters starting from: eg. one day or two days or even 6 hours it will give complete different skew.

Erik:helloooo:

Do You have better indicators than skewness v1 or kurtosis v1 for Metatrader ?

:roll eyes:

I think I have to contact the admin to edit the first post so as I am too lazy I will just post here. In the attachment you can find the latest version of indicator. Concept has changed thats why just try out and you will find easily how to use it. for other statistical concepts I am adding deviations indicator. Explanation directly copied from mladen post:

Parameters are simple except maybe for the mode parameter

Mode parameter values :

0 - A simple moving average (nothing else )

1 - variance

2 - average (absolute) deviation

3 - standard deviation

4 - skewness

5 - kurtosis

Deviations.mq4

Market_Statistics_v4_1.mq4

Hi, I put a lot of effort into the JPERL method - I developed software according to his method similar to yours - but I did not find this method profitable - for example I did not find that using SKEW most likely ensures that the market will go in the right direction. I also did not find that this type of SKEW is sufficient and I also tried other methods for calculating the SKEW without much success. I found myself doing hundreds of trading operations to get a few dozen points in total on the Mini-SP500. In general I came to the conclusion that this type of statistic is of "large numbers" of trading - perhaps to Algotrade without restrictions on the amount of daily operations - so I had a problem.