Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Tams

Volume Bias

Nice dog, here is a shot of mine.

Hi UmaBlume

HeyHey ! they look veryvery nice !

U're lucky 2 have 2 of them !

Yes they are very nice dogs and very kind with the children and with the other animals.

Mine is one of the happiest and the most player of the world.

It actually thinks only about having fun and to be happy.

Best regards

see the bias at the top of the screen

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQFcFQYq7g8&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - TickDataProcessing INDICATORS - Swing High Low + Volume Bias[/ame]

Hi, I have just found this great code and was wondering if there was any way to modify the code in order to have a second Volume bias compute day trading total volume bias. So, basically we'd get two volume bias inticators on the same chart, one showing current volume bias from the current bar (2 min in my case) and another one showing volume bias since the beginning of the trading day...

thanks!

Hi, I have just found this great code and was wondering if there was any way to modify the code in order to have a second Volume bias compute day trading total volume bias. So, basically we'd get two volume bias inticators on the same chart, one showing current volume bias from the current bar (2 min in my case) and another one showing volume bias since the beginning of the trading day...

thanks!

anything is possible...

if you can imagine it,

visualize it,

quantify it,

articulate it,

you can code it.

I would suggest you to start with the EasyLanguage manual.

Don't forget to post your code!

I know, I know...I only wish I had more...time! My Multicharts demo version is expiring in a week...

MultiCharts is a power tool; you won't regret it.

Tam, thank you for the code, i just pasted it into a new indicateor in easy language and it doesnt plot in my chart (it does verify!!)

using ts 8.8

do you have any idea what i;m doing wrong??

thank you man

binthere

thank you Tam

that is the coed i'm using, ill try to see if ts can help me,

regards, binthere

Hi,

Tradestation wont help you with a custom indicator. The indicator did not work for me either.

What you might want to try is the "Volume Ratio" indcator in TS, it will give you the same info. but on a line instead. A very underated indicator in my opinion.

Steve

The ratio of the Volume Bias revolves around the Easy Language reserved Words:

• Upticks
  • Ticks

• Upticks - Returns the number of ticks on a bar whose value is higher than the tick immediately preceding it.
  • Ticks - Total number of Upticks and Downticks

As an example, I created a one line indicator: (TradeStation)

Plot1(Upticks/Ticks, "Tick Ratio");

That one line of code is all you need to plot a lower study that shows the ratio. Of course, there is all kinds of different formatting that can be done. The main calculation is: "Upticks/Ticks" That's it. If I wanted to see when the ratio goes over 50 percent, I could add a center line at 0.5

Plot1(Upticks/Ticks, "Tick Ratio");

Plot2(0.5, "Center Line");

Now you have two lines of code.

If you want the ratio as text on the chart, this one line of code will do that:

Value1 = Text_New(D, T, H*1.001, NumToStr(Upticks/Ticks,2));

That one line of code puts the ratio over the high of the bar.

If you want it to be in different colors, or only display on the current bar, and not all the bars, or do other formatting, that is more lines of code. But the basics are very simple.

Are there any upgrades about code?

what kind of upgrade are you looking for?

I have a few more enhancements and variations to the original code,

but I have not decided on what to do with them yet.