Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Pardon me.

I have no real items that I would like from them but a fellow trader was asking about it.

Their triggers seems quite good on their youtube videos. Obviously I would like to learn more ABOUT other trader's comments on them and / or their effectiveness.

Just a caveat - NOT looking for the holy grail but looking for another potential tool.

Pardon me as well.

but I have watched some of their videos.

So first of, I have a question:

I know different kinds of pivots, but excuse me, I am just a little beginner;

What are future pivots?

The more lines you add to your chart, the more often you are right, or wrong.

Some future pivot lines were commented, some other lines, I thought these lines were future pivots too, not. :confused:

Anyway, just lines.

This was all IMO. :helloooo:

Another thing, while it all looks so easy on their charts, on my charts its looks easy too.

But real trades are often a different story.

Some signals happen within not even a second on my charts,

but after the thought process (??? sec) I need at least 500 ms

until the signal from my brain reaches my finger for the mouse click.

And then its needs some more ms's ...

Anyway, a further question:

Where these videos commented as things happened?

Or later? (This one seems to be right, IMO.)

Regards,

Hal

P.S.: Hindsight, yes we all know, what we have should have done a long time ago.

And pictures, I have a lot of nice charts, but just, I have to sell nothing.

Well, maybe they have something of value, maybe not, but just be careful.

I could present you pictures, and sell you my indicators, but ...

it doesn't not mean that you will make a fortune,

only that I will get your money for my indicators.

You know. :missy:

Those lines looks like it has some similarities to the standard Tradestation indicator "Trendlines Automatic" if you ask me ... and pivots calculations can be seen on http://www.mypivots.com ... the blue lines are timing stuff I have not been able to observe and see similarities / where it came from. To put all three together and come up with an indicator may be an accomplishment.

Of course, I have not seen or use it ... would like to hear some comments from someone who is an actual user - hopefully a profitable user.

FFTrader, the reason you haven't gotten any responses from users is that the software is brand new, just released earlier this month. Shadowtraders has been around a few years though. I just watched a webinar this morning and the course (with Ninja indicators) looks promising. By the way, entries and exits were being called during live trading.

Edited by nyctrader

I was there during the live trading event. Still has more questions than answers - but that is just me.

Ask them. If satisfactory answers are not forthcoming move swiftly on. :)

Edit: Fixed based on Tams advice!

Edited by BlowFish

Yes I would like more info on shadowtraders.com.

Stay clear of this mess. Shadow traders has changed methods, systems, approaches, charts and just about everthing at least 4 times in the years I have known about them. How you can find a decent clear clean signal on their charts is beyond me. In the world of absolutely uselss information, they rank up there with the worse of them.

What are those indicators being used?

Is there a live trading room for it for trial?

Hi MoreYummy, I started this thread because a fellow trader asked me to join with her and I have since decided not to. I think there is a trading room, however. I am not quite sure what indicators they use per se but I think they do use key support and resistance as part of their setup based on the free trial I saw.

:) I am not an experienced trader and still struggling. As such, as of this moment, I cannot say for sure whether their stuff works or not - FOR YOU. What I do have control on and starting to get into a habit of is to trade my own setup. The key - and most recent - milestone for me is that I am able to avoid large drawdowns. I trade with two fairly standard indicators basically - a momentum indicator and an oscillator. That's it. Other considerations I use are purely subjective opinions I have base on my experiences so that part of it may vary depending on who you are.

More experienced traders here and elsewhere may agree with me that there is nothing new under the sun - and there is no holy grail. In other words, keep searching for something you like while try to come up with something you are comfortable with.

Hope the above helps.

Thanks,

FFTrader

Edited by FFTrader
Editing typing error

Does anyone know what pivot point formulas the Shadow Traders use? They say there are 19 pivot points. They are fairly tightly compressed together with 9 or 10 within the span of regular R1 to S1. Can anyone reproduce them?

I 've been reading thru this thread and I am unable to tell if there has been one person that has actually taken the course, loaded their indicators in NJ, gone to their chatroom for 3 months, tried to improve on their simulator data for 1 or2 months.

Obviously, they add and subtract indicators, but a person can tell that by viewing the You Tube videos. Though I believe they have stayed with basically same ones according to the videos I have been able to see for last 1. 4 years at least.

Look, has any person had and experience with the System, first hand? If you did, state if you have, and tell of your experience. If you have not, state that first. So we know it just some outsider opinion.

This is ridiculous. I am trying decide between this and 3 other programs.

Although I have yet to purchase the program, I DO PLAN TO. Also allow me to tell you that I have met a 70 year old man personally who actually introduced me to the program and he works 10min in the market with about 10 contracts making about 2,500/day. I asked him why not spend all day? He stated cause hes retired and just havin fun with his life. Trust me, I do not know the other programs, but he strongly recommended shadow traders.

Also out of curiousity what other programs are you researching as well?

Also here is a follow up post because since the last one I have purchased the program and please, allow me to enlighten all of you curious individuals.

First, when you BUY the program you'll be introduced to all of their strategies and how they work, nothing is kept secret. Not only that but when you attend the live classes with Melanie Sonn you'll see that she is extremely active in answering student's questions. As a matter of fact when you first enter she'll ask, how has everyone traded today? "Did any of you guys make over 200 tickets of profit on just 1 contract?" AKA $2,500 in the 6E market (excluding commissions), with commissions it all depends but you could see yourself lose only about $25 in commissions which is flat out nothing. :haha:

You'll find out that almost 90% of the chatroom is almost "praising" her methods of trading because nearly everyone in the room is successful. For the other 10%, all of them are new traders and she ensures them to just to keep studying. (AKA 3 weeks ago I was loosing trades, and now my winning trades are about 95% of the time)

I love how people have been bashing something that they have no clue about, neither have they purchased the program. I saw someone post an image of some of the indicators from the package, and please.... thats about 1/4th of them not to mention with what they give you, IF YOU can READ your indicators and trade the way YOUR SUPPOST to, psh I can assure you that some people in this program with 99% of the time with their trades, and that is not a BS statistic.

I have a bit of a problem with replies like the ones above...to me something is wrong with this picture.

First of all, I could care less whether a "70 year old man" is trading for 10 minutes and making thousands of dollars....that to me sounds suspicious right off the bat...who is that naive that they believe that kind of statement? Follow that right away with a glowing review from the same person (with 3 posts)....I am more likely to believe the earlier comments from folks who participate here on a regular basis...

Finally, after many years of trading on both sides of the fence (as an amateur and as a professional) If there was a way to make thousands of dollars in 10 minutes on a consistent basis, I think I would have heard about it by now..its a job and a profession folks...it takes work, skill, talent, perseverance, and more... and (like golf) still makes you crazy on certain days...the rest of the commentary just isn't realistic in my judgement.

I can think of several alternatives

Best Regards

Steve

I have a bit of a problem with replies like the ones above...to me something is wrong with this picture.

First of all, I could care less whether a "70 year old man" is trading for 10 minutes and making thousands of dollars....that to me sounds suspicious right off the bat...who is that naive that they believe that kind of statement? Follow that right away with a glowing review from the same person (with 3 posts)....I am more likely to believe the earlier comments from folks who participate here on a regular basis...

Finally, after many years of trading on both sides of the fence (as an amateur and as a professional) If there was a way to make thousands of dollars in 10 minutes on a consistent basis, I think I would have heard about it by now..its a job and a profession folks...it takes work, skill, talent, perseverance, and more... and (like golf) still makes you crazy on certain days...the rest of the commentary just isn't realistic in my judgement.

I can think of several alternatives

Best Regards

Steve

I am confused with this post, because it lacks two things. Firstly, you are making an assumption about something that you have never tried. How can you judge something which you are not a part of... Secondly, you are using your past experiences to judge something, well maybe you do not know everything there is to know about the market... If you knew everything about the market, you'd be worth trillions. There is always room to learn something else...

Now this was the most confusing part for me considering the fact that you stated, "If there was a way to make thousands of dollars in 10 minutes on a consistent basis, I think I would have heard about it by now.." Well, to me this confuses me or strikes me as kind of confusing; the reason I say this is confusing is because anybody that trades in the futures market KNOWS for a solid fact that if you traded at 5 contracts of the 6E market 16 ticks is all you need (17 if you count commissions) is all you need to make a thousand dollars. You need 16 ticks going in the direction you wanted it to go, if you went long or short. Please don't take this as a bash, please respond to this, because it does make me curious as to how you said you have no idea about how someone could make a thousand dollars in 10min. Anybody that trades futures would know this is possible to gain 1000 or lose thousand in 10min. It works both ways, this program shows an investor simply how to have more successful trades then losing trades.