Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

agon

Market/Volume Profile Indicator on Tradestation

Why is it so difficult to find a Market or/and a Volume Profile Indicator free and really works on Tradestation ?

Is it a limitation of the Easy language or a political problem ?

Why is it so difficult to find a Market or/and a Volume Profile Indicator free and really works on Tradestation ?

Is it a limitation of the Easy language or a political problem ?

--> Limitation of the Easy language

More precisely, the limited ability to manage a database.

There are free versions posted here, therefore politics is not an issue.

The paid versions come with a proprietary database add-on.

Edited by Tams

Thank you for your answer. I used all the free versions available. None of them works properly.

to further learning, may I suggest:

1. you can post the links to the ones you have tried, so that others can test the same.

2. post your usage experience: pros, cons, strengths, weaknesses, etc.,

if you share your findings, others will chime in... and we can learn from each other.

maybe they all work... all you need is a little tweaking.

Edited by Tams

--> Limitation of the Easy language

More precisely, the limited ability to manage a database.

There are free versions posted here, therefore politics is not an issue.

The paid versions come with a proprietary database add-on.

It dosen't really need a database if you are prepared to average the volume in a bar across the prices between low and high. This is how most (if not all packages do it)

FinAlgs package for Ninja does this and it is excellent and supports both volume and time profiles. Atrader is an interesting little program too.

I wrote half the code for a volume profile in tradestation for Jperls PVP. This stores volume at each price level in an array. It only displays the peak volume. All it would require to display a histogram would be to loop through the array to display each element. I might be prepared to part with the code if anyone is up for doing the display stuff?

It dosen't really need a database if you are prepared to average the volume in a bar across the prices between low and high. This is how most (if not all packages do it)

FinAlgs package for Ninja does this and it is excellent and supports both volume and time profiles. Atrader is an interesting little program too.

I wrote half the code for a volume profile in tradestation for Jperls PVP. This stores volume at each price level in an array. It only displays the peak volume. All it would require to display a histogram would be to loop through the array to display each element. I might be prepared to part with the code if anyone is up for doing the display stuff?

Hi BlowFish,

I've read many of your posts in "Trading with market statistic" from Jperl, Volume splitter and others, and I use every day your stuff.......very cool and good stuff.

I'm not very good with easylanguage, only simple things, so when I've read your post that you can create a Volume histogram simply modifying and looping the PVP indicator used for the VWAP + PVP using ADE, I've decided to write you about this.

I use Multicharts and tradestation (better Multicharts than TS), so if you could help me in coding the entire Volume histogram using tick chart and ADE, I will thank you all the life......and I post all the charts or all what your code display here

Sorry for my not good english, but I'm italian and not very good in english writing.

Thanks and Regrads

CraZyNasdaQ

Hi Crazy thanks for the kind words. it is a fairly straightforward task but would still require a fair amount of work. All the information you have is there it's already in the array. It's simply a matter of displaying it. That is not really hard just a bit fiddly. At the moment I don't really have the time to undertake it.

Hi Crazy thanks for the kind words. it is a fairly straightforward task but would still require a fair amount of work. All the information you have is there it's already in the array. It's simply a matter of displaying it. That is not really hard just a bit fiddly. At the moment I don't really have the time to undertake it.

Thanks a lot again BlowFish.

I'll try to make it on my own and if I reach a good target, I'll post it here for everybody, in honor of your work.

Thanks again

hi

crazynasdaq ->Tick Data Processing

if i've understood well you take free stuff and after sell them ??? mmmhhh

Hi Shrike,

You have not understood well. I've made a packet of indicators and then I lease them, but only those that I've made myself like the Volume Profile, the Volume Control Panel, the Volume Force index, The Volume Pressure, the Volume acceleration and others little but useful stuff. The others, the ones that everyone can find on the web is free, so you did not understand well. I'm sorry, but you are wrong.

CrazyNasdaq

I have used a modified version of TPO Pro6.0b on a volume and time chart to get a pretty good market profile going. It even shows the developing VAH, VAL and POC. What I'm looking for however is an indicator that can give me the MP of the week and not just the day or intraday. I want the volume distribution of the entire week, not each day separately. Does anyone know if this has been done on TS or MultiCharts?

Thanks

Z

I have used a modified version of TPO Pro6.0b on a volume and time chart to get a pretty good market profile going. It even shows the developing VAH, VAL and POC. What I'm looking for however is an indicator that can give me the MP of the week and not just the day or intraday. I want the volume distribution of the entire week, not each day separately. Does anyone know if this has been done on TS or MultiCharts?

Thanks

Z

Hi Zardoz, maybe I know how to modify it to build a weekly Voume profile or a monthly or custom, because I've already done with the PVP indicator of DBntina and Blowfish.

But you should share with us your code if you would like to recieve some support, considering that you have posted this request in a thread where we are trying to build a daily volume profile.

CrazyNasdaq

Thanks garp and Crazynas for replying. This was probably not the correct thread to make this inquiry. As for posting the code TPO Pro6.0b, it is pretty much the same as TPO Pro5 and that has been posted to Traders Lab a few times already. If one can't change that to a weekly or multi day profile then it can't be done to TPO Pro6 either. I have some coding experience i.e I created all of Dr Elder's indicators for myself but the TPO is complicated and because I don't know all the limitations of TS or MCharts I don't even know if a weekly MP is possible. Before I spend many days (spent a few hours already) going through the code I would like to know that it is at least possible.

The TPO Pro 5 can be easily modified to show developing POC and Value areas even if you don't understand 80% of the code.

I went to that site garp and even there it was not clear to me whether or not they can do multi day compressed MP.

Z

Thanks garp and Crazynas for replying. This was probably not the correct thread to make this inquiry. As for posting the code TPO Pro6.0b, it is pretty much the same as TPO Pro5 and that has been posted to Traders Lab a few times already. If one can't change that to a weekly or multi day profile then it can't be done to TPO Pro6 either. I have some coding experience i.e I created all of Dr Elder's indicators for myself but the TPO is complicated and because I don't know all the limitations of TS or MCharts I don't even know if a weekly MP is possible. Before I spend many days (spent a few hours already) going through the code I would like to know that it is at least possible.

The TPO Pro 5 can be easily modified to show developing POC and Value areas even if you don't understand 80% of the code.

I went to that site garp and even there it was not clear to me whether or not they can do multi day compressed MP.

Z

How do you convert TPO to Volume profile ?

Which part of the code ?

If you share with us some informations, maybe we can help each other .

I did not convert the TPO to Volume. What I do is put the TPO on a vol bar chart. The more vol there is at any price the more bars are created and counted. The results match up very well with the e-signals.

The TPO ELD gives you the 70% (value Area) and the POC so if you put it on a vol bar chart you get these values for volume. Lower the vol per bar more accurate the results.

The magenta lines in the second pic show the developing VAH/L. The dotted magenta line shows POC.

Z

5aa70f6d85b0d_AMP9.jpg.a5ad1260ba619d27f6681bcb66363190.jpg

5aa70f6d8ba48_AMP10.jpg.4af9ff8a74f2069284eb6e51e4deb473.jpg

Edited by zardoz
added pics

Z

Yes, it plots weekly and monthly VP and MP.

Hi Guys,

Very Interesting discussion, I have a TS market profile indicator that also do volume profile. It gives accurate VAH POC and VAL.

It allows Long term profiles so You can apply it almost every timeframe including the weekly .The code is open . I can share it against another MP/VP indicator. If any interest reply to me her here or by PM and show me a screenshot of what you want to share.

Have a good trading day everyone.

FT

Hi Zardoz:

Could you please help me better understand how you set up the volume histogram? I do have TPO Pro5 but from there I don't know how to show a single vertical (not horizontal) volume histogram such as the one you showed in the attachment.

Does TPO Pro6.0b do that? If so, where can I find it? I've tried to locate it but no success

Thanks!

TPO Pro 5 should be able to do it. What I did was make a new indicator and then codied the code from TPO into it. So I had two copies of the same thing. Then I could experiment with code changes without messing up the original. For the Volume histogram I got rid of the letters in the code "ABCDEF.......... " and replaced them with *=*=*= . Then for the inputs I used 0.25 for compress and 15 for len.

Z