Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Now, you do not really need me to confirm the answer, do you?:) Now all that remains for you is to go deeper into details and thoroughly annotate all of the sequences of that thing. After that you can start thinking about how could one know earlier that the market changed dominance. Look very closely at what transpired on each and every bar. Regardless of what I or Spyder or anyone else might say, the market has spoken.

Gucci, yes actually I really do need you to confirm the correct answer. The market has spoken, but for me right now it speaks in a language that I do not fully understand. So to have you or Spyder confirm what the correct answer is would go a long way to help all of us move closer to fully understanding what the market is saying.

Now, you do not really need me to confirm the answer, do you?:) Now all that remains for you is to go deeper into details and thoroughly annotate all of the sequences of that thing. After that you can start thinking about how could one know earlier that the market changed dominance. Look very closely at what transpired on each and every bar. Regardless of what I or Spyder or anyone else might say, the market has spoken.

Hi Gucci,

When studying the chart under discussion, in real time I would have probably taken the (15:35) IBGS on increasing volume, which is also a lateral BO/FBO, as a major signal for change. (This would have been too early as it turns out).

Then I thought of this previous quote of yours in response to a post.

"The market moved to its point 2 (first dominant leg) creating the faster fractal thing underway. Such being the case you should anticipate the second dominant leg (2R) being created the similar way. So annotating REAL TIME at 10:25 (your provisional point 3)you anticipate the second dominant leg. This second dominant leg should be created by a faster fractal thing. So there is no way you should look for a signal of change at 10:30-10:40 area. Now try to work forward from here using the same logic in conjuction with volume sequences and you will also understand why we do not have a faster fractal thing annotated from 10:25 onward. (see the chart with the clue)"

Would a similar argument apply here. The 15:35 IBGS cannot be a signal for change because the faster fractal sequence of the second dominant leg (2R) has not completed yet. We can only start looking for a signal for change after the 15:45 bar (the faster fractal sequence for the second dominant leg of the pink container is now complete), and that signal for change comes on the very next bar in the form of another increasing volume ibgs/ob?

I hope I am on the right track.:)

Drill2.thumb.jpg.3fffc1cfbdd1480fe6310799ccf08bda.jpg

Gucci, yes actually I really do need you to confirm the correct answer. The market has spoken, but for me right now it speaks in a language that I do not fully understand. So to have you or Spyder confirm what the correct answer is would go a long way to help all of us move closer to fully understanding what the market is saying.

Ok. Now we are at the heart of the whole stuff. Just imagine me saying no. Just imagine me telling you, you are not correct. What would it be able to change?

Your confidence.

And why? Because you still do not understand that the market IS the final arbitrary judge.

The Spyder laid out ALL of the bricks one needs to build a house. Use them...

Enjoy the process.

How many languages do you speak?

Were you ever frustrated by recognizing that you actually do not understant a lot of stuff presented in a languange you are trying to learn, after you just finished learning the alphabet? Why not?

Learning to trade isn't any different than learning a language, Only this time you learn the language of the market.

Enjoy.thumb.jpg.38de04392f3f246d6181e496b01c36db.jpg

Edited by gucci

Who could have known, the news was coming.;)

Hi Gucci,

I was very encouraged by your response to my last post ... getting there ...:)

I am also still trying to learn the language of the market.

A previous quote ...

"The market moved to its point 2 (first dominant leg) creating the faster fractal thing underway. Such being the case you should anticipate the second dominant leg (2R) being created in a similar way."

I am trying to see how this quote applies to the blue container in your chart (attached) from 12:30 to 13:50.

On the attached chart I have annotated on the Gaussian how I see the faster fractal b2b2r2b which forms the traverse B2B. We then have the traverse 2R, (which does not break the rtl, and therefore the rtl is not formed by the point 3 of price), but then I don't see the second dominant leg (2B) being created in the same way as the first dominant leg; I can't see the faster fractal here.

Any help in understanding the language of the market would be appreciated.

5aa7104b76a4d_DaxDec2.2.thumb.jpg.bd14368df0b9b82270d3499afb702aee.jpg

... On the attached chart I have annotated on the Gaussian how I see the faster fractal b2b2r2b which forms the traverse B2B.

... Any help in understanding the language of the market would be appreciated.

I believe the faster fractal b2b2r2b ends at 13:00, forming the B2B, and reaching PT2. Then a lateral starts.

I believe the faster fractal b2b2r2b ends at 13:00, forming the B2B, and reaching PT2. Then a lateral starts.

Thanks so much for your response cnms2.

Would the attached gaussian annotations, (fraster fractal and traverse) be more accurate?

5aa7104baa3d1_DaxDec2.4.thumb.jpg.0e19587c9bea2a7bc261bd7d06a4215d.jpg

Edited by 203NG
Attach picture

Thanks so much for your response cnms2.

Would the attached gaussian annotations, (fraster fractal and traverse) be more accurate?

It looks like the dominant 2B ended 1325 followed by a r2r pt 2 at 1335. followed by non-dominant lateral that ended at 1400.

It looks like the dominant 2B ended 1325 followed by a r2r pt 2 at 1335. followed by non-dominant lateral that ended at 1400.

Hi emac

According to my understanding, if you have a faster fractal b2b2r2b establishing the first dominant leg of a traverse (B2B) and taking you to the traverse point 2 (as here according to cnms2), then you should anticipate a similar volume sequence (b2r2b) in the second dominant leg of the traverse (from the traverse point 3). As this second volume sequence has not completed at 1325, I don't think that your r2r is valid as this implies change in dominance and we don't have permission to look for change until the faster fractal volume sequence of the 2B (from point 3) is complete.

I have tried annotating some more faster fractal traverses.

What I find interesting is that after the blue traverse container under discussion, the R2R annotated does not consist of a faster fractal r2r2b2r (at least not one that I can see). It is as if the market "jumps fractals" - I seem to recall Gucci using that phase:)

But this is followed by a faster fractal r2b2r for the second dominant leg 2R (from point 3).

5aa7104c99207_DaxDec2.6.thumb.jpg.22284402583836d7bb9d1f271538e62f.jpg

Edited by 203NG
attach chart

Hi emac

According to my understanding, if you have a faster fractal b2b2r2b establishing the first dominant leg of a traverse (B2B) and taking you to the traverse point 2 (as here according to cnms2), then you should anticipate a similar volume sequence (b2r2b) in the second dominant leg of the traverse (from the traverse point 3). As this second volume sequence has not completed at 1325, I don't think that your r2r is valid as this implies change in dominance and we don't have permission to look for change until the faster fractal volume sequence of the 2B (from point 3) is complete.

I have tried annotating some more faster fractal traverses.

What I find interesting is that after the blue traverse container under discussion, the R2R annotated does not consist of a faster fractal r2r2b2r (at least not one that I can see). It is as if the market "jumps fractals" - I seem to recall Gucci using that phase:)

But this is followed by a faster fractal r2b2r for the second dominant leg 2R (from point 3).

Hi 203NG,

Thanks for the notes. This is how I see it though working on the bar dominance and sequence. I see completion at 1325 that created the point 3 for the thick red channel. The B2B broke the pink traverse and point 2 of the blue traverse created from lateral retrace at 1315.

emac

5aa7104cadf1a_DaxDec2.2.thumb.jpg.0b6a38eba660b3c8e55acf055785ce11.jpg

hi gucci,

i was very encouraged by your response to my last post ... Getting there ...:)

i am also still trying to learn the language of the market.

A previous quote ...

"the market moved to its point 2 (first dominant leg) creating the faster fractal thing underway. Such being the case you should anticipate the second dominant leg (2r) being created in a similar way."

i am trying to see how this quote applies to the blue container in your chart (attached) from 12:30 to 13:50.

On the attached chart i have annotated on the gaussian how i see the faster fractal b2b2r2b which forms the traverse b2b. We then have the traverse 2r, (which does not break the rtl, and therefore the rtl is not formed by the point 3 of price), but then i don't see the second dominant leg (2b) being created in the same way as the first dominant leg; i can't see the faster fractal here.

Any help in understanding the language of the market would be appreciated.

hth..............................................

The troughs are a bit off, but you still will be able to see the pattern.

5aa7104cb65d6_Trythis.thumb.jpg.0260f1b5c790869c6fa1049d8b4dd05c.jpg

hth..............................................

The troughs are a bit off, but you still will be able to see the pattern.

Here is the "precise" version.

Version.thumb.jpg.f527dbe7965ebc507fe9dd8b891f164d.jpg

Edited by gucci

Here is the "precise" version.

Thanks, Gucci for the chart. I totally forgot that point 2 must be outside the previous RTL and hence my earlier R2R was invalidated with the traverse ending 1350.

I'm going to be getting the Hershey videos and materials set up on Torrent. If someone wants to help with the seeding and trial run send me a PM.

Thanks - EZ

It is certain that volume action always precede price action. Volume itself is so much significant and in my own viewing, I will say it is the real price.

Whether there will be price movement or not, there must first be a mover, the backbone of any transaction being made, that's the power of Volume at work. So, if you want to enjoy the smooth ride of the trend, you may need watch the magnitude of the volume. That is usually the push behind price actions.

It is also true that if volume soars, then price is likely to soar and if volume falls, price is likely to fall. This is not 100% the case anyway, it is only a guiding rule. Specific actions must be taken to monitor the current trend.

Is Volume trading most likely suitable for scalping trades?

I suppose it should be better suitable for swing trading as it should be easier to spot a good trend when there is a price rally for some few days and this may be best seen on larger timeframes.

In shorter time frames when there is likely to be a trend exhaustion, there is most likely going to be a snap in volume - a sharp drop in volume magnitudes. When this happens, that is a likely signal that price may presently be changing directions.

These days, we experience higher Volumes than previous years. That is to help see that Volume is the real price as it reveals the actual market volatility levels which can also strongly determine global economic conditions.

Master your volume indicators and compare with price actions. Changes in volume determines changes in price.

(URL removed for now)

To your trading success.

Aden