Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Highlighted in bold, you say we cannot be at the end of the medium B2B, it's P2, until price BO of the B2B container (Olive) with increasing volume.

As price did not BO of it's B2B container (Olive), why is there a medium 2R gaussian ?

Why isn't that medium 2R a thin 2r gausian

ie: b2b2r2b 2r(at10.45)2b 2r(at11.10)2b ?

Or the thick B2B is not instead a medium B2B ?

Kind Regards

What about the following suggestion:

"Try to think now about what the volume trough at 10:55 indicated. And what happened in the price pane and volume pane at 11:05 and 11:10"?

As a general principle this sounds fine but in reality, the market simply does not behave in a uniform 3*3 relationship as in your theoretical illustration.

Upon reflection, I have to agree. I thought I was on to something but it appears not. You might think that IF anyone understands what is going on here they would step forward and offer an explanation. Instead, those that want to give the impression that they understand just post drills. Weird.

Agreed, this can not be Pt 2 of the medium sequence.

Two things make logical sense to me here:

1. The medium B2B can not yet be complete. I arrive at this by WWT (what wasn't that), as it was not the 2R the B2B must still be forming.

Or

2. The medium B2B was started in the wrong location.

I know #2 is obviously the correct conclusion, I am just stuck on the why.

Actually #1 is the logical consequence. Remember you do not trade in hindsight. So the placement of the medium B2B troughs at 10:25 in realtime is the right thing to do. But you move it after additional data arrives. Now you do not reverse at points 2 of the faster fractal traverses, do you? :)So you just hold.

11:05 and 11:10 form a down container which fail to move through the RTL just as happened at 10:45. However, both bars of the 11:05 container are decreasing volume unlike the previous.

Now look at what develops in the volume pane at the 2B part of the medium lines. (10:35 –10:50)

Think in terms of acceleration.

Or the thick B2B is not instead a medium B2B ?

Kind Regards

Something like this perhaps? Because we have no olive rtl bo, the thin gaussian continues, creating only a medium B2B, with the trough of the B2B where the black peaks start to increase.

5aa7103c48f19_examplenewgs.jpg.e4855bff92f27d253c3099c6f297250f.jpg

Attached is my effort on the 10/13 downward movement. I tried to be very strict with the tape level, using a preliminary differentiation of the ve close as a guide to fan/no fan.

I've similar questions to those of breakeven:

1. Did I jump fractals?

2. A better understaning of _____ would improve this chart directly?

Any comments welcome and appreciated.

1013drill1.thumb.gif.ff84ebd7722e12a3935eaaebeff24bd2.gif

What about the following suggestion:

"Try to think now about what the volume trough at 10:55 indicated. And what happened in the price pane and volume pane at 11:05 and 11:10"?

Thx for the reply.

I left out that part of your post for the following reason:

I was understanding a general principle to be that until the olive RTL had a BO on increasing volume then the B2B medium fractal would continue.

Such that we couldn't have the medium 2R yet.

I left out responding to volume peaks and troughs until this general principle was confirmed or other wise ? ?

What you are trying (most patiently and thank you) to convey, as I understand it,

is that the medium 2R is not defined as having to be outside the olive RTL,

but that volume determines where the medium 2R is ?

And even more specifically how that volume is formed ?

IE: higher peaks, lower troughs ets..??

Its not easy to talk this through in this medium so hope I'm explaining myself and thank everyone for their continued input.

For me, this is only about how to know to what fractal the gaussian relates.

If the solution, to understanding how to determine what fractal we are on, is about volume peaks and troughs then it would be great to have the general principles explained on that as I do not recall them being given in this thread, nor indeed in any of the threads that I have been following for at least the last 4 years !

many thx

Edited by zt379

Something like this perhaps? Because we have no olive rtl bo, the thin gaussian continues, creating only a medium B2B, with the trough of the B2B where the black peaks start to increase.

Yes exactly. Thank you.

As per my post 2330:

is a B2B RTL BO on increasing volume required in order to have its same fractal 2R leg

a principle required for this methodology ?

Many Thx

Actually #1 is the logical consequence. Remember you do not trade in hindsight. So the placement of the medium B2B troughs at 10:25 in realtime is the right thing to do. But you move it after additional data arrives. Now you do not reverse at points 2 of the faster fractal traverses, do you? :)So you just hold.

Alright! Now I am getting on the same page as you. This is starting to make sense :)

Now look at what develops in the volume pane at the 2B part of the medium lines. (10:35 –10:50)

Think in terms of acceleration.

It appears that volume continues to make higher peaks before ending the move on relatively low black volume. Volume also makes a higher peak that the volume at Pt 1. To be honest though, I am not sure exactly what this is telling me.

Thanks again!

Yes exactly. Thank you.

As per my post 2330:

is a B2B RTL BO on increasing volume required in order to have its same fractal 2R leg

a principle required for this methodology ?

Many Thx

No it's not an error that I'm quoting myself..lol

My question, I realize may have been miss leading.

I would say that yes a BO of the B2B RTL is required in order to have it's same fractal 2R leg.

What I am perhaps realizing is that the determination of that B2B RTL has more to do with volume than lines on a chart as we annotated them up to that point.

??

Regards to all...you too yoda :)

That's the approach I use, but it means you are dealing with probability (of a B2B in this case) until later confirmation or disconfirmation.

Also, in this specific case it wouldn't cause a trading error if you are trading on a slower fractal. But since the same situation can occur on your trading fractal (fractals being identical), it can result in a error if/when it develops on the slower fractal.

part 2-

The gaussians feel like a necessary/sufficiency gate on what I build up from the tapes. Am I drawing them correctly or completely missing the boat?

That's the approach I use, but it means you are dealing with probability (of a B2B in this case) until later confirmation or disconfirmation.

No, it doesn't. It only means that you are not interested in knowing how many sequences the market will provide. If you try to predict the number of sequences, then you are right. YOU are dealing with probs.

Also, in this specific case it wouldn't cause a trading error if you are trading on a slower fractal. But since the same situation can occur on your trading fractal (fractals being identical), it can result in a error if/when it develops on the slower fractal.

If you choose a faster fractal to trade on, you'll need additional annotations for the even faster fractal then the chosen one. So your MADA will differ.

No, it doesn't. It only means that you are not interested in knowing how many sequences the market will provide. If you try to predict the number of sequences, then you are right. YOU are dealing with probs.

If you choose a faster fractal to trade on, you'll need additional annotations for the even faster fractal then the chosen one. So your MADA will differ.

1. I wasn't talking about prediction. If you annotate a B2B but then discover it wasn't, then your annotation was either of a probability, or a mistake.

2. Perhaps I wasn't clear enough. I wasn't talking about trading on a faster fractal. Since fractals are identical, the same situation can occur on the slower trading fractal.

1. I wasn't talking about prediction. If you annotate a B2B but then discover it wasn't, then your annotation was either of a probability, or a mistake.

This can not be a mistake because at the time of annotation you do not have any additional data.It doesn't have anything to do with probability either. The discussions of this type are futile. You want to think the way you think, so be it.

2. Perhaps I wasn't clear enough. I wasn't talking about trading on a faster fractal. Since fractals are identical, the same situation can occur on the slower trading fractal.

You were clear enough. You just confused something about fractals.

Edited by gucci

Part 5. It looks like the thick down goat ended today, and a new thick up started.

Am I on a decent path here, or am I so far off the track I've wandered into Baja?

1013drill5-big.thumb.gif.d34f95d96c0931d95587f9abf31da6fa.gif

Thx for the reply.

What you are trying (most patiently and thank you) to convey, as I understand it,

is that the medium 2R is not defined as having to be outside the olive RTL,

but that volume determines where the medium 2R is ?

One more time… It is not ONLY about volume BUT ALSO about price.

Think…

How do you draw a tape? Where do you place the point 3 of a tape? Since the tape is nothing more then the faster fractal traverse, think about the following questions.

How do you draw a traverse ? Where do you place point 3 of a traverse AND what HAS TO HAPPEN in the VOLUME pane for your point 3 of a traverse being in the right place?

Why do you HAVE sometimes to steepen your RTL?

Now what about the LOCATION of point 2? Does it have to be OUTSIDE of something?

Do not answer these questions for me. Think about them while analysing or annotating a chart.

And even more specifically how that volume is formed ?

IE: higher peaks, lower troughs ets..??

Yes. AND where those troughs and peaks are located (see price pane, points 1,2,3 containers) AND what the volume did to price.

For me, this is only about how to know to what fractal the gaussian relates.

If the solution, to understanding how to determine what fractal we are on, is about volume peaks and troughs then it would be great to have the general principles explained on that as I do not recall them being given in this thread, nor indeed in any of the threads that I have been following for at least the last 4 years !

I can relate to your frustration, believe me. But the GENERAL principles where explicitly explained by Spyder in the beginning of this very thread. You just had to pay attention.

HTH.

Here is my DAX chart with annotations. Only traverse level Gaussians are annotated.

The Gaussian line before the last one should be red, sorry.

Dax.thumb.jpg.4a3a63448de0a0f3607943d474997c24.jpg

This is a drill. Some of you might find it useful.

Thanks gucci. This is very helpful. Looks like when we see increasing volume, we steepen the container. Am I correct to say that?

Thanks gucci. This is very helpful. Looks like when we see increasing volume, we steepen the container. Am I correct to say that?

My answer will not give you any confidence. And that is what it is all about. Think... Look at the charts. It should work anytime.

You are right, but do not forget the context,i.e. where you are in the sequence and what happens to the LTL.

Edited by gucci