Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

I try not to concentrate on colours but on fractals of the same weight.

Because the lowest fractal (cfr the blue point 2) isn't complete yet. We still expect point three and then an FTT on this fractal before it can complete.

--

Innesky

So what exactly don't you understand? All of the faster things are inside, aren't they?

I do not understand your cfr.

Just like a clock. Part3.:cool:

Edit: the last down Gaussian should be red. This site sucks big time. One wastes much more time logging in and waiting than posting. They sure employ some talented programmers...

Clock.thumb.jpg.a5ef0c8ba1d5197129ffaad0fdfb2d5a.jpg

Edited by gucci

Monday, 11 Oct 2010.

I am anticipating resumption of short trends on several fractals very soon.

MK

Very nice MADA!!

But I have to ask--What told you this?----I saw a very "clear" B2B yesterday afternoon and have been lost this morning as a result.

Thanks

I saw a very "clear" B2B yesterday afternoon and have been lost this morning as a result.

Didn't you see a VE just prior to the area you referenced?

What must come next after the market creates a VE?

What did the market then provide?

- Spydertrader

1. Why does the sequence for the thin lines (thing, goat, tape, whatever) end at

10:30 ?

#1. Order of events completed on thin line fractal(fastest fractal shown with lines)

#2.The trough(10:45) location is the first decreasing red(non-dominant) bar after thin line fractal order of events completion and is immediately followed by an increasing black (dominant) volume bar.The 10:35 bar is decreasing black volume bar but price is still contained in the taped two bar formation therefore still dominant.

#3.Same reasons for trough location as was given to question 2 but for nesting one slower fractal.The 10:55 bar is increasing black volume bar plus price is contained in the taped two bar formation therefore it's still dominant . #4.The orders of events was stretched out with no non-dominant order of events(faster fractal)?

#5. Because of the non-dominant volume bar which broke out of the taped two bar formation

#6.Because there was no non-dominant order of events completed during the last dominant order of events(faster fractal). # 7. lol .Comments welcome

Does anyone have an answer to #1 ?

Also wouldn't the medium fractal P3 need to be outside the thin fractals RTL ?

ie: if a B2B2R gets us to a P3, why is the medium P3 (at 11:10) inside the thin b2b2r2b (Olive) RTL ?

Also if the Olive RTL is the thin fractals RTL then where is the medium level P1 to P2 container (rtl)?

Wouldn't the medium fractal P3 need to be outside its medium level P1 to P2 container (RTL) ?

hope that makes sense and appreciate any help.

5aa7103a81c6f_gucci_spyderteraderexample1.jpg.3d3c176b6f1c3928b5e4f901399207af.jpg

- Spydertrader

1) Yes

2) In all honesty I have yet to figure that out ( I presume by the question that there will be some form of continuation?)

3) Seemed to be another B2R

Also wouldn't the medium fractal P3 need to be outside the thin fractals RTL ?

ie: if a B2B2R gets us to a P3, why is the medium P3 (at 11:10) inside the thin b2b2r2b (Olive) RTL ?

Also if the Olive RTL is the thin fractals RTL then where is the medium level P1 to P2 container (rtl)?

Wouldn't the medium fractal P3 need to be outside its medium level P1 to P2 container (RTL) ?

hope that makes sense and appreciate any help.

On the price pane i read the green and red lines as thin lines,olive as medium lines and dark blue as thick line.So the medium fractal completes its order of events(b2b2r2b) at 11:20. Also this is the point where the thick fractal completes the first dominant trend(B2B) and why spydertrader put the dark blue "2" there.The market needs to complete the remaining(2R2B) order of events for the thick fractal before a trader can look for change.When a trend "stretches" out a trader should be able to see the nesting of the three fractals.

Alright.

Now, we are getting somewhere. You've narrowed things down to a binary choice.

Which Trough best represents the market fractals in terms of 'nesting'?

You've drawn things one way (as did Nkhoi in an earlier post), but another possible way also exists.

See Attached.

attachment.php?attachmentid=22528&stc=1&d=1286743812

You (and Nkhoi) show nesting of fractals at the second trough of the diagram. You could have chosen to nest within the first trough of the diagram.

What you must now do is determine logically which of these two techniques best describes the market (any market).

Look at the attached snippet of your drawing, and then look at an area of the market where you know how the market presented itself. Use the YM if you have to, but test both answers in an effort to arrive at the correct answer.

HTH.

- Spydertrader

I have always assumed that the slower fractal x2x is drawn at the second gaussian trough (not necessarily the second volume trough) because the faster fractal must complete before you have an x2x on the slower.

Is this the direction you were heading? Or is there a more precise explanation?

Thanks!

- Spydertrader

1. Yes.

2. A period of doubt and confusion trying to decide if a new thing started or if the old thing is still going.

3. A period of doubt and confusion. :)

:crap:

1. Yes.

2. A period of doubt and confusion trying to decide if a new thing started or if the old thing is still going.

3. A period of doubt and confusion. :)

:crap:

Hey! I resemble those comments!!

In all honesty I have yet to figure that out ( I presume by the question that there will be some form of continuation?)

If one has set as a goal to locate an FTT (Failure to Traverse), how can the market fail to do that which it has already completed? Has not Price traversed its container by creating a VE?

- Spydertrader

I have always assumed that the slower fractal x2x is drawn at the second gaussian trough (not necessarily the second volume trough) because the faster fractal must complete before you have an x2x on the slower.

Is this the direction you were heading? Or is there a more precise explanation?

I want everyone to head in the direction where they do not have to assume. They simply, know.

The market has indicated the exact way to annotate, which also allows a trader to test whichever technique they choose against that which the market provides.

- Spydertrader

A period of doubt and confusion trying to decide if a new thing started or if the old thing is still going.

Whether you experience doubt or confusion (or not) has no influence on what the market does after a Volatility Expansion.

Start by recognizing what one must do with the right trend line after a VE.

- Spydertrader

If one has set as a goal to locate an FTT (Failure to Traverse), how can the market fail to do that which it has already completed? Has not Price traversed its container by creating a VE?

- Spydertrader

Quite logical---and I'm studying Jack's posts about accelerating RTL, closes in the zone, no FTT on VE(yet he implies that they do happen) etc. and still have confusion after I see what happens in the attached---isn't VE2 a valid VE on higher vol. than VE1?

And yes, I know context is King and it is up to me to see what is right in front of me---so here I am, just trying to see.

Thanks---I trully appreciate your time

chart10-12.thumb.jpg.0fc77551db97faba99f4d1a598af7c3d.jpg

Edited by Boux
Attaching chart

On the price pane i read the green and red lines as thin lines,olive as medium lines and dark blue as thick line.So the medium fractal completes its order of events(b2b2r2b) at 11:20. Also this is the point where the thick fractal completes the first dominant trend(B2B) and why spydertrader put the dark blue "2" there.The market needs to complete the remaining(2R2B) order of events for the thick fractal before a trader can look for change.When a trend "stretches" out a trader should be able to see the nesting of the three fractals.

Hi patrader. if the olive is the medium container why is it's P2 at the 10:10 bar ? Shouldn't the medium P2 be at the 11:00 bar, where the medium B2B ends ?

PS: Also shouldn't the medium B2B (P2) actually end on the 11.05 bar as it makes a higher high than the 11.00 bar?

5aa7103a8e7f2_gucci_spyderteraderexample1.jpg.1bd4b75795403334c5c2b55abafbaf41.jpg

Edited by zt379

so here I am, just trying to see.

You might start by asking yourself why some of your Point Three's aren't connected to a Right Trend Line.

Don't Point Three's create the RTL by using Point One?

- Spydertrader

You might start by asking yourself why some of your Point Three's aren't connected to a Right Trend Line.

Don't Point Three's create the RTL by using Point One?

- Spydertrader

I get the feeling that I am still missing something?

chart10-12-b.thumb.jpg.a260d10ddc7414c1f86cd47da57ca97e.jpg

the suggestion might be that when we have a VE we (edit) have pushed the P2 of that container furthr out so will need to have a NEW P3 and there for a new RTL ?

Edited by zt379

I encourage you to improve your annotation technique.

Note the differences between your annotations and mine (See Attached).

You cannot see that which the market provides if you create lazy annotations.

HTH.

- Spydertrader

attachment.php?attachmentid=22591&stc=1&d=1287026026

differences.jpg.7eb579445b43d009a51f75d10a33f893.jpg

I encourage you to improve your annotation technique.

Note the differences between your annotations and mine (See Attached).

You cannot see that which the market provides if you create lazy annotations.

HTH.

- Spydertrader

attachment.php?attachmentid=22591&stc=1&d=1287026026

This is like surfing with a blindfold.:cool:

Sorry, couldn't resist. I tried to do it myself.:)

"1. Why does the sequence for the thin lines (thing, goat, tape, whatever) end at 10:30 ?"

The thin lines do NOT end at 10:30. They continue, underneath the medium lines, which as shown, are incorrect

The medium 2R gaussian is wrong. Price must close outside the olive RTL before it can reach the p3 of the medium sequence. The olive RTL defines the container for the medium B2B. The thick B2B is actually medium.

example.jpg.e4ec36d688728edc083b6cd37938e597.jpg

The thin lines do NOT end at 10:30. They continue, underneath the medium lines, which as shown, are incorrect

The medium 2R gaussian is wrong. Price must close outside the olive RTL before it can reach the p3 of the medium sequence. The olive RTL defines the container for the medium B2B. The thick B2B is actually medium.

Thx for the reply savarez.

apologies I see you mentioned this in your p# 2216

but to be frank, I'm non the wiser..

so what are we saying here?

1. the thin guassians are wrong because they don't end at 10:30?

2. the medium g's are wrong because it's P3 needs to be outside it's RTL (Olive)?

3. the Olive RTL and LTL is actually the container for the medium B2B g's and not medium B2B2R2B ?

4. although the Olive Ltl should start where the Blue P2 is at 11.20 because a B2B gets us to a P2?

5. the thick g's are wrong because they should be medium?

how are we to understand how/where/when to annotate thin g's ?

confused:

thx

5aa7103b1de91_gucci_spyderteraderexample1.jpg.6691d0cdf940943ee13da371ed30c7f9.jpg

Edited by zt379

Thx for the reply savarez.

apologies I see you mentioned this in your p# 2216

but to be frank, I'm non the wiser..

so what are we saying here?

1. the thin guassians are wrong because they don't end at 10:30?

2. the medium g's are wrong because it's P3 needs to be outside it's RTL (Olive)?

3. the Olive RTL and LTL is actually the container for the medium B2B g's and not medium B2B2R2B ?

4. although the Olive Ltl should start where the Blue P2 is at 11.20 because a B2B gets us to a P2?

5. the thick g's are wrong because they should be medium?

how are we to understand how/where/when to annotate thin g's ?

confused:

thx

1. No, the thin lines are correct. It's just that you can't see the thin lines that continue beyond 10:30 because they are hidden by the medium lines.

2. Correct.

3. Correct

4. At the close of the 10:30 bar we can draw the olive RTL. We can then clone it to give us the olive LTL. The LTL is positioned so that it contains all of the price action up to that point in time. This would mean that the LTL has to be positioned at the high of the 10:10 bar, where it is shown. This creates the container for our medium B2B which is being created by the thin b2b2r2b sequence, which extends with further cycles of 2r2b inside the olive RTL.

5. Correct. We cannot begin the medium 2R until price closes outside the olive RTL, and we cannot have a thick B2B until we complete the medium B2B2R2B.