Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

"... The volume reaches a trough at 2, the BO of the RTL. . The trough of volume coincides with the BO of the RTL."

I assume that's Jack... Is this an indirect way of saying you disagree with Sypdertrader's comments above?

In order to keep the discussion about fractal nature of the Gaussians afloat, here are some questions. All questions refer to the chart of Spyder quoted above. All times eastern and end of the bar.

1. Why does the sequence for the thin lines (thing, goat, tape, whatever) end at

10:30 ?

Enjoy.

For the purpose of clarification,I think that I am correct in saying that the thin line sequence does NOT end at 10:30. It continues, 2r2b2r2b, hidden underneath the medium and thick lines lines.

example.jpg.e6f3382daf51d7ff4e6b4281db579e89.jpg

I assume that's Jack... Is this an indirect way of saying you disagree with Sypdertrader's comments above?

I dont see any disagreement, an illustration of your point?

For the purpose of clarification,I think that I am correct in saying that the thin line sequence does NOT end at 10:30. It continues, 2r2b2r2b, hidden underneath the medium and thick lines lines.

I was talking about purposeful annotations one can and should do. Feel free to add all the lines you wish. In this thread Spyder has made a statement about faster fractals needing their completion before slower fractals doing their job. The chart I posted illustrated this notion crisp and clear.

(Let your winners run and cut your losers short, think about it... only this time the market does it for you.)

Edited by gucci

I was talking about purposeful annotations one can do. Feel free to add all the lines you wish. In this thread Spyder has made a statement about faster fractals needing their completion before slower fractals doing their job. The chart I posted illustrated this notion crisp and clear.

Your post suggested that the thin line sequence ended at 10:30. For me that was misleading, because I don't think that it did. If I am incorrect then please explain why.

Your post suggested that the thin line sequence ended at 10:30. For me that was misleading, because I don't think that it did. If I am incorrect then please explain why.

OK. First of all I'm sorry for misleading you. I apologize.

Second of all, you didn't read the stuff in the parenthesis, did you?

Third of all, at the end of the completion of the faster fractal sequence, what is left for you to look for? You work with nested fractals,don't you? So answer the question.

at the end of the completion of the faster fractal sequence, what is left for you to look for? You work with nested fractals,don't you? So answer the question.

I always used to think that at the end of a completed fractal, one expects the same thing but in the opposite direction.

--

Innersky

I've gone back to the drawing board in another attempt to absorb the wisdom of this thread. There's some great stuff here.

The attachment starts from the ES daily high on 10/11/07. Can anyone tell me if:

1) all of the thin-weight containers are on the same fractal?

2) the thin-weight containers are fanned when and where appropriate?

3) the gauss annotations are correct?

Also, a link to a good discussion of ve's would be helpful. What I remember is that a ve implies another go-round on the volume cycle (r2r2b2r2B2R), but I'm not sure I've seen in precisely defined, even after rereading the entire thread. Thanks for your help.

basicqs1.thumb.gif.1f729a9b9513eaa5ac9f43ae54f3869e.gif

I always used to think that at the end of a completed fractal, one expects the same thing but in the opposite direction.

--

Innersky

You are right. But I was talking about FASTER FRACTAL. Do you think there might be any difference?

How can one know, that the market is building the faster fractal thing???

Answer on a silver plate:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=2170804&highlight=faster+AND+fractal#post2170804

Enjoy.

Edited by gucci

In order to keep the discussion about fractal nature of the Gaussians afloat, here are some questions. All questions refer to the chart of Spyder quoted above. All times eastern and end of the bar.

1. Why does the sequence for the thin lines (thing, goat, tape, whatever) end at

10:30 ?

2. Why is the trough for B2B for the medium lines (thing, goat, faster fractal traverse, whatever) located at

10:45 and not at 10:35 ?

3. Why is the trough for B2B for the thick lines (thing, goat, trading fractal traverse, whatever) located at

11:10 and not at 10:55 ?

4. Why did Spyder tell ehorn he should be able to see three levels of Gaussians here ?(use the chart of Spyder of the previous day)

5. Why did the market formed something on the price panel at those B2Bs ?

6. Why did Spyder put this blue point 2 at the the end of the last (thick) B2B ?

7. Why does this site suck so much forcing me to repost this for the third time because of some silly time limit ? :)

Enjoy.

#1. Order of events completed on thin line fractal(fastest fractal shown with lines)

#2.The trough(10:45) location is the first decreasing red(non-dominant) bar after thin line fractal order of events completion and is immediately followed by an increasing black (dominant) volume bar.The 10:35 bar is decreasing black volume bar but price is still contained in the taped two bar formation therefore still dominant.

#3.Same reasons for trough location as was given to question 2 but for nesting one slower fractal.The 10:55 bar is increasing black volume bar plus price is contained in the taped two bar formation therefore it's still dominant . #4.The orders of events was stretched out with no non-dominant order of events(faster fractal)?

#5. Because of the non-dominant volume bar which broke out of the taped two bar formation

#6.Because there was no non-dominant order of events completed during the last dominant order of events(faster fractal). # 7. lol .Comments welcome

Edited by patrader

The 10:25 bar is the first close outside the skinny b2b green tape, giving us the red skinny tape 2r. The 10:30 bar closes outside the red skinny tape, forming the 2nd green skinny tape, taking us from p3 of the skinny tape b2b2r2b sequence, giving us the olive rtl. This is the rtl of the medium B2B. To be consistent across all fractals, price needs to close OUTSIDE this olive rtl in order to reach p3 of the medium B2B2R2B container. However, price fails to close outside the olive rtl so I suspect that the medium 2R drawn to 11:10 is incorrect. Perhaps 11:20 is medium p2.....

example.jpg.48d5929788d98ad30b90b26a7dc4d074.jpg

You are right. But I was talking about FASTER FRACTAL. Do you think there might be any difference?

How can one know, that the market is building the faster fractal thing???

Answer on a silver plate:

Forums - Iterative Refinement

Enjoy.

While I do agree with this, on the chart we're talking about there is no such thing as the previous down tape/traverse/channel/goat of the same weight.

--

Innersky

While I do agree with this, on the chart we're talking about there is no such thing as the previous down tape/traverse/channel/goat of the same weight.

--

Innersky

I do not understand what you mean.

The fastest fractal we consider is the tape, correct?

If you can find a faster one, then go for it. Fractals arent UFOs. Think. What is the pattern we are talking about? Ask questions and try to FIND the answers. Volume=herd. Price change= money. Market= dictatorship. Fractals=nature. Non dominant= wrong side. Dominant= right side. a.s.o.

I do not understand what you mean.

The post on ET you refer to, treeline says : "We know this because Points 2 and 3 of the faster fractal traverse occur inside the confines of the pink ES-only down traverse."

In the chart you refer to here, there is no such comparable thing as "the pink ES-only down traverse".

example.jpg.8f49de222d32795c9c36e6369641181a.jpg

fasterfractals.jpg.328fe0d93072cb9588cbef024680ca38.jpg

The post on ET you refer to, treeline says : "We know this because Points 2 and 3 of the faster fractal traverse occur inside the confines of the pink ES-only down traverse."

In the chart you refer to here, there is no such comparable thing as "the pink ES-only down traverse".

Really? Try to stop concentrating on the colours and start concentrating on the POINTS (123) and INSIDE and CONFINES. Fractals NEST.

Another one for you.

Why is the slope of the blue line on the chart (I mean the chart with mysterious blue point 2 this little bastid Spyder put there :)) shallower than the slope of the green line?

Edited by gucci

Really? Try to stop concentrating on the colours and start concentrating on the POINTS (123) and INSIDE and CONFINES. Fractals NEST.

Another one for you.

Why is the slope of the blue line on the chart (I mean the chart with mysterious blue point 2 this little bastid Spyder put there :)) shallower than the slope of the green line?

I try not to concentrate on colours but on fractals of the same weight.

Because the lowest fractal (cfr the blue point 2) isn't complete yet. We still expect point three and then an FTT on this fractal before it can complete.

--

Innesky