Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Question (and I am sure it has been answered 100 times elsewhere, but Spyder suggested I post my questions to give somebody a chance to clarify):

Can somebody point me to a specific post where the Volume pattern that identifies an FTT is clarified?

Am just getting into this stuff, it seems to me that an FTT can be either a one bar or 2 bar combination (some kind of spike/ reversal bar formation contained either within 1 bar or 2). There can only be that many combinations of price and volume that express an FTT... somebody?

Thanks,

Vienna

watch vol bar that less than prior vol bar then you you may have an FTT

watch vol bar that less than prior vol bar then you you may have an FTT

You mean that the actual FTT bar has LESS volume?.. but let's say you are in an up-channel, you have a bar that spikes up on big black volume, fails to reach the LTL, then comes down and closes neutral or below the open- the way I saw it that would be a likely FTT.

Actually, those were the only kind I could identify so far, am new to this....:)

You mean that the actual FTT bar has LESS volume?.. but let's say you are in an up-channel, you have a bar that spikes up on big black volume, fails to reach the LTL, then comes down and closes neutral or below the open- the way I saw it that would be a likely FTT.

Actually, those were the only kind I could identify so far, am new to this....:)

you are not wrong either take a look at second green FTT and third green FTT

so you need to get your timing down pat, when to look for ftt and some clues to confirm.

06-04-2006-es-5min.thumb.jpg.52636c7dfab8e8d694fe788ceb08c842.jpg

Are you saying that "volume pace" defines fractal level? An example would make things clearer if you would be so kind.

Thanks

I understand your position (I think), and your need to have clear rules and examples to follow. Recently I expressed my view on this; others disagreed. You have to train your eye / brain to look at all signals, on at least 3 adjacent fractals, and to come with a decision for each of them at the end of every bar (at least). Instead of asking a general question like 'how to stay on the same fractal", getting some general answer / opinion (e.g. "follow volume pace"), asking for more specifics which would require significant time and work from the respondent (see your last post), it might be more productive for you to submit actual chart snippets you worked out as best as you could (going through several iterations, spending more time on them), and ask clear, limited in scope questions. Then take the replies with a grain of salt (excepting Spydertrader's and Jack's, which you should carefully read multiple times, looking for the deeper meaning, beyond your first impression).

Coming back to your last question: look for, and compare the absolute and relative volume levels (pace) of the ftt=pt1, pt2, pt3, ftt=pt1 of each fractal.

It is unfortunate that no clear explanation regarding how to identify fractal levels consistently has ever been given in this or the IT thread, despite numerous requests from the many individuals that have devoted many 1000's of hours to this methodology.

The market provides the answers you seek, and it does so each and every day.

- Spydertrader

Her's my chart for Tuesday 10/05/2010.

Do these four fractals have the same weight?.

I would suggest that the first 3 are. If not, perhaps Spydertrader might be good enough to explain why.

The market provides the answers you seek, and it does so each and every day.

- Spydertrader

This sort of reply does not help those here trying to make sense of this thread. Making the step from the gaussian principle illustrated in post #6 to distinguishing the sequences on each fractal level requires more than you seem prepared to offer. A chart or two, with an explanation of WHY, would go a long way..... :)

Question please: why are your dominant traverses colored differently? Don't they all have the same value? Perhaps just graphic style?

Thanks.

Tuesday 5 Oct 2010

1 dominant sym lateral...

This maybe good maybe bad, but my focus is trying to understand the volume Gaussians. Trying to learn like all of you, been lurking and reading in the background for some time now. So here goes my first attempt at this thread.:crap: My biggest question is do you drawn the Gaussians base on volume bars to match the price bars in the channel above or do you randomly draw them in the volume plain to match above?

5aa7103782825_ES12-10(5Min)10_6_2010.thumb.jpg.f8ca5a84d96ed94a8ccaa94959df00fb.jpg

Edited by cjstrader5

Any feed back would be appreciated.

Your Gaussian construction does not match your trend line construction.

If the market shows you B2B 2R, where are you?

If the market shows you R2R, where are you?

The order of events works on every fractal.

HTH.

- Spydertrader

My biggest question is do you drawn the Gaussians base on volume bars to match the price bars in the channel above or do you randomly draw them in the volume plain to match above?

Volume leads Price.

- Spydertrader

This maybe good maybe bad, but my focus is trying to understand the volume Gaussians. Trying to learn like all of you, been lurking and reading in the background for some time now. So here goes my first attempt at this thread.:crap: My biggest question is do you drawn the Gaussians base on volume bars to match the price bars in the channel above or do you randomly draw them in the volume plain to match above?
,,, "randomly"? Here's some guy's suggestion: "Conveniently volume, leads price. This makes annotating a process whereby volume is annotated first and price is anotated second."

Wednesday 6 Oct 2010

Spydertrader, do you have any advice for my current annotation? I'm currently annotating at end of day, bar by bar. TIA. :)

5aa710378a5aa_ES2010_10_06.thumb.png.77dce7b6c9075a0fd690183fec4ec17f.png

What charting package are you using?

I'm using Investor/RT. You can find their website at Investor/RT: The Trader's Ultimate Toolbox

why are your dominant traverses colored differently? Don't they all have the same value? Perhaps just graphic style?

I randomly pick any colour for my traverses when I annotate, they don't have any meaning associated to their colour :) I use different thickness to differentiate Traverses from Channels.

Your Gaussian construction does not match your trend line construction.

If the market shows you B2B 2R, where are you?

The market has been reversed it course and the trend line should be up.

If the market shows you R2R, where are you?

Down move is dominant and the trend line should be down.

Thanks for your feedback. I'll review my charts.

Spydertrader, do you have any advice for my current annotation? :)

Your Medium level gaussians (I assume their are medium as I see no 'thick' level) do not accurately represent the market condition (from around 1:15 [on your chart] forward)

I'm currently annotating at end of day, bar by bar. TIA. :)

Absolutely nothing wrong with this path. However, every once in a while, the equal weight trend (gaussian level) continues across to the next day. Be sure to note how (and why) such an event might develop.

HTH.

- Spydertrader