Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

A simple question about PT3's -

Does the formation of PT3 ALWAYS involve a break out of the container formed from PT1 to PT2?

EDIT: and one more:

If a trend is lateral (or nearly lateral) is it "valid" for PT3 to pull back past PT1 by a few ticks?

My thanks to you as well, EHorn .... I always enjoy studying your charts...

Please confirm for me that the first 3 blue containers are each 5-minute traverses, together building the green up "channel". This seems to be born out by the Gaussians. But if I follow the Gaussians for the next 3 blue containers, they seem to be 3 "tapes". Is this correct. TIA.

My thanks to you as well, EHorn .... I always enjoy studying your charts...

Please confirm for me that the first 3 blue containers are each 5-minute traverses, together building the green up "channel". This seems to be born out by the Gaussians. But if I follow the Gaussians for the next 3 blue containers, they seem to be 3 "tapes". Is this correct. TIA.

It was not annotated properly (gaussians levels with subs and tapes) to match all visible fractals... 9bbts up... so of course the markets gives us 9 bbts down non-dom.

9bbts - I presume this stands for 9 building block tapes

Hello Spyder, thanks for the thread. I have used EHorne's chart as a foundation, and tried to annotate in more detail the tapes and traverses (syncing with the Gaussians). Please tell me if I am on the right track and where I can look at improving. TIA.

5aa7103393eaa_24TLpost.thumb.gif.57658a3ae25038382a5633f596fc2803.gif

Does the formation of PT3 ALWAYS involve a break out of the container formed from PT1 to PT2?

If a trend is lateral (or nearly lateral) is it "valid" for PT3 to pull back past PT1 by a few ticks?

This method is not about hard rules and constrains, but about getting in tune with the market, and looking at all observable signals in each particular context. Having said that, my answers to your questions are ... :)

1. yes; if you correctly annotate the pt1-pt2 container (including the acceleration situations)

2. no; but sometimes the volume seems to say otherwise because the volume leads the price

This method is not about hard rules and constrains, but about getting in tune with the market, and looking at all observable signals in each particular context.

Understood. I see rules like training wheels - eventually you can just throw 'em away. For me eventually is not here yet :)

2. no; but sometimes the volume seems to say otherwise because the volume leads the price

Hmmmm... a higher price high or lower price low on lower volume is a very basic PV signal for change. (falling volume => price will change).

Are you saying that in a case when a trend terminates with a final relatively weak volume push -- this PV action might be mistaken for a lateral PT3?

Absolutely yes.

OK so around 10 AM we *begin* looking for PT3 on our traverse. We immediately have a pullback around 10:15 - why not label this PT3? We also have a red inside bar around 10:30 - why isn't this PT3?

In real time I thought the 10:15 pullback was PT3 so I ended up reversing early - I'd really like to understand why I should have avoided "taking that exit" on the road to sequences completed :)

If you were looking for the point 3 around the times you mentioned, you were jumping the fractals. Prior to reaching its point 2 the market managed to create a traverse. Since this traverse is located inside the last one (which RTL market was trying to break) it is nested i.e. faster fractal. So the market indicated what the traverse on the trading fractal will consist of. HTH.

as long as you have the 'gau' supports your P3 then you should be OK.

2 lats with diff results

2010-09-29_1522.png

2010-09-29_1529.png

as long as you have the 'gau' supports your P3 then you should be OK.

2 lats with diff results

2010-09-29_1522.png

2010-09-29_1529.png

Quite a lot of indicators you've got there. Do you use them all? Aren't volume and price enough?

Quite a lot of indicators you've got there. Do you use them all? Aren't volume and price enough?

can't help myself , I chop off the header so that you can't count how many indis I have.

actually this is how many I have

2010-09-29_1717.png

Anyone using ninja-trader? I cannot seem to find a way to show my charts without gaps? Can you please help me? Having the most difficult time understand Gaussian line. :crap:I can see the tapes and traverses on volume pane without trouble.

5aa71033bd626_ES12-10920to927.thumb.jpg.e21618db54dd94c80f193c656ff0862d.jpg

Anyone using ninja-trader? I cannot seem to find a way to show my charts without gaps? Can you please help me?

Try this link

There are many NT indicators for trading PV method in that thread. Hope this helps.

thanks Wind, I will look into it. What I am trying to do is plot the chart with out showing the gaps between sessions so I can draw the channels easier and hopefully learn to see the volume Gaussians as you are doing. What charting package are you using?

On a side note, if somebody is still interested in being able to avoid fractal jumping (this little handicap might get important some day) peruse the IT thread from page 1500 to 1700.Some of the info there might provide some or entire clarity on the subject. dHTcHam.

It is unfortunate that no clear explanation regarding how to identify fractal levels consistently has ever been given in this or the IT thread, despite numerous requests from the many individuals that have devoted many 1000's of hours to this methodology.

It is unfortunate that no clear explanation regarding how to identify fractal levels consistently has ever been given in this or the IT thread, despite numerous requests from the many individuals that have devoted many 1000's of hours to this methodology.
Watch volume pace ...

Question (and I am sure it has been answered 100 times elsewhere, but Spyder suggested I post my questions to give somebody a chance to clarify):

Can somebody point me to a specific post where the Volume pattern that identifies an FTT is clarified?

Am just getting into this stuff, it seems to me that an FTT can be either a one bar or 2 bar combination (some kind of spike/ reversal bar formation contained either within 1 bar or 2). There can only be that many combinations of price and volume that express an FTT... somebody?

Thanks,

Vienna

Is it just me, or is Trade Navigator not very good for annotating? I am in the design field, have used lots of drawing software, but have never seen one where you can not highlight a line that you select etc... it is really hard to grab a line, move it (you often move the chart instead) etc.... for example Multicharts is much better in this, but unfortunately does not have Spyder's setups or the filter capacity.

Did somebody ever point that out to TN? I did (to Glenn), but don't know if they will do anything about it...