Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

ahhhh ! here is one of them

edit: this drawing of IF1 IF2 APA was created by Bi9foot. this is not the strategy report. This is a great drawing and explains well.

now I remember Ezzy searched extensively for these docs and they did not turn up.

Good memory. What you posted was the only "formal" write up. The "Report" was going to be part of series being done that was never completed, way back MSN board days.

Couple thoughts on it: Use it mechanically and get chopped up. But it's a good drill to do. Don't use it in low volume. Lateral movement will kill it too.

Not sure if it was created to help people who had trouble switching sides, kind of like the wash drill.

It can be used as a fail safe. To get more efficient you want to get as close to the LTL/FTT as possible. If you are on the wrong side of the market, consider the RTL as a last line of defense, line in the sand. Then IF2, then on to an IBGS type bar, and on to the (max efficiency) 2 pair at the top/bottom of the FTT bar at the finest level.

If you use it all the time you will get chopped up. You're trading before the bar closes. Pick your spots carefully. Some days it will seem to work great, others a nightmare. :boxing:

I think observable is the key word here. Trying to stick to what is observable on the 5min. ...
From your reply I infer that I didn't express myself clearly: I was stating that on the 5 minute chart you may see finer market fractals only during the low volume periods (usually midday). So I was suggesting that the best trading (and non-trading) fractal for the 5 minute chart may inherently change function of the pace. It may not be optimum to stick to the same market fractal always. There are volume variations between days too, hence one day you trade one market fractal, another day another fractal.

From your reply I infer that I didn't express myself clearly: I was stating that on the 5 minute chart you may see finer market fractals only during the low volume periods (usually midday). So I was suggesting that the best trading (and non-trading) fractal for the 5 minute chart may inherently change function of the pace. It may not be optimum to stick to the same market fractal always. There are volume variations between days too, hence one day you trade one market fractal, another day another fractal.

No I didn't catch that, but do agree. If often works out that way.

Do you have on 10:50 bar OB IBV?

I think you forgot about the volume-in-a-formation rule?!;)

Hmmmm, what rule is that please?

On 4/26 I noted OB-IBV comparing the outside bar volume to its mate (the prior bar)'s volume. Do you mean I should take into consideration and compare the OB volume to the FTP formation volume prior to the mate? Yes indeed. I just eyeball to confirm that we are in a non-dom move, but do not really call it out (gaussian is notating that). Thank you for the observation :)

Thank you so much Tikitrader, MKTr, Ezzy in response to my question on IF1/IF2 APA :) It looks like an advanced technique.........good to know but probably too advanced for me at the moment. I am still working on basics :)

In the end we are interested in making money and not in making beautiful charts.

yep agree there. here is a very simple trade I took yesterday. live trade.

times can be matched to chart to see entry and exit of a faster fractal trade.

was out all day when I came home this was sitting there.simple 1 contract trade ES. left home after this trade missed rest of day.

5aa70ffe84d93_estradeapril27.thumb.jpg.83f882701af181ad8b1623bcbee93d12.jpg

For more on IF1, IF2, APA from the horse's mouth check Grob109's posts here and here, and BlowFish's attachment.

Funilly enough I remembered finding that when I went on a similar search, it was somewhere obscure! I had a quick look on my 'cloud' storage and no Hershey folder, guess it got archived to old fashioned storage before clouds existed. Seemed like the newer documents covered it so didn't go much further. Glad I have not gone completely senile.

On weekends I do a few days of drills. It is also a chance to to review previous efforts to see how they connect into the bigger picture. Here is 28 to 30 Apr 2010 on 5' ES.

BTW it is interesting to note how different the experience of drawing charts has become for me. It used to be very taxing, even stressful at times. Now I find it relaxing to the point that if I have a bad day I turn to chart drawing to relax. This is true in hindsight and in real time. I sign of progress, I hope.

Thanks for all the hard work rs5.

MK

5aa7100094445_MK20100428to305ES.thumb.png.5636b2d35bd0d0ce99c2b4e990a883c4.png